We're Moving!

Click for more info.

The Alpina Alpiner 4 thread

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
cel4145
MoT Member

Re: The Alpina Alpiner 4 thread

Post by cel4145 »

pgcity wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:44 am My watch just arrived. Brand new attached with the price tag string on watch and original price tag on box. Warranty card is undated/unstamped.

If it is refurbished as stated by seller, I can't see it. If there's only one complaint,it would be the watch caseback art, which isn't aligned north south but slightly angled due to how the caseback was fitted I'm guessing. I am wondering if it's same for everybody else?

I will post my pictures later. At this point it looks like seller, officialwatchdeals has 3 more watches on Ebay for the same price I paid. I think it's a great watch for the price.

Link to seller is here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpina-Mens-AL ... SwleRcR3Sw

now if I could only find an alternative metal bracelet that looks similar to the original it'd be perfect.
If you google the Alpiner 4 and look at images of the case back, you'll find it to be aligned many different ways.
Last edited by cel4145 on Sat May 04, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

The only case backs that are perfect have screws holding them down.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Robotaz wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:31 am The only case backs that are perfect have screws holding them down.
cel4145 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:02 am
pgcity wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:44 am My watch just arrived. Brand new attached with the price tag string on watch and original price tag on box. Warranty card is undated/unstamped.

If it is refurbished as stated by seller, I can't see it. If there's only one complaint,it would be the watch caseback art, which isn't aligned north south but slightly angled due to how the caseback was fitted I'm guessing. I am wondering if it's same for everybody else?

I will post my pictures later. At this point it looks like seller, officialwatchdeals has 3 more watches on Ebay for the same price I paid. I think it's a great watch for the price.

Link to seller is here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpina-Mens-AL ... SwleRcR3Sw

now if I could only find an alternative metal bracelet that looks similar to the original it'd be perfect.
If you google the Alpiner 4 and look at images of the case back, you'll find it to be aligned many different ways.
Yes. Thank you. Perfectly happy with the watch as is now that I've figured that out.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

These are such fantastic watches. Every time I look at the Alpiner 4, the desire to have one gets even stronger.

One of these days, maybe.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

a few more things to add:
1. nice chunky leather strap is soft and no break in period needed.
2. under fluorescent lighting at the office, the case and bezel catches light in many directions as it catches the brushed and polished sides.
3. thin bidirectional bezel-smooth operation and helps reduce the feel size of watch
4. nice chunky crown-smooth operation
5. dial - best part of the watch - transitions from black to grey to understated icy blue sunray depending on lighting.
pesman
MoT Member

Post by pesman »

Love how this cracker has it's own fan club...

My blue one below. Came on a bracelet but switched to leather pretty quickly....

Works well with a nubuck one...

Thanks for finding me the bargain guys...[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201905 ... e055fa.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk