We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Discountshop.com

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Discountshop.com

Post by Robotaz »

Any feedback, good or bad? Shockingly, I’ve never dealt with them.

Thanks in advance.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Discountshop.com

Post by yinzburgher »

I'm also interested in finding out more about this shop. They've got their Seikos priced fairly low. I think they've only recently been added to Google's Shopping search and that's why we are seeing them pop up more. I'm not sure how long they've been around but their YouTube channel is at least 7 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CountShop/featured

They certainly talk a good game in their FAQs.

https://www.discountshop.com/FAQ

Hopefully someone who is more familiar can chime in.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I will let you guys know tomorrow when my watch arrives. So far the purchase process went Very smooth and I got all the necessary tracking info. I will tell you more when I get it.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Alright, discountshop.com is officially legit! Ordered late at night on the 19th and watch is in my possession now. Watch came very well packed and bubble wrapped inside of a bubble mailer. No damage to the boxes and has all paperwork (unsigned of course). And the best part? My $281 shipped SRPC25J came perfectly aligned! Next best eBay price $335.
This watch is freaking awesome! The blue to black sunburst dial is incredible. Time to size this bad boy! I will definitely be buying from them again.
Also, the watch indeed shipped from Stamford CT, so it isn't just a fake address on their website.
Enough rambling, picture time!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Glad to hear it about discountshop.com. I have a few (ok, 8) watches I am watching on their website. Surprisingly they are all Seiko's.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Rocat wrote:Glad to hear it about discountshop.com. I have a few (ok, 8) watches I am watching on their website. Surprisingly they are all Seiko's.
Haha, only 8? I know the feeling. I am planning my own version of abstinence starting next week that involes only using money from watch sales and ebates rewards to buy more watches. No cash out. But I still have until the first and probably need a sumo now that I know they are legit.

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

I have 2 watches inbound from them now.

Seiko Presage SRPB43J1

Seiko Pross Specks SRPC41J1
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I've been trying to convince myself not to get that mini turtle I posted in the deals thread. This is not helping.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Just wanted to add that Discount Shop is on both Walmart and eBay with positive reviews and feedback. Although their prices on those sites are slightly higher.

Discount Shop on Walmart

Discount Shop on eBay
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:36 pm Just wanted to add that Discount Shop is on both Walmart and eBay with positive reviews and feedback. Although their prices on those sites are slightly higher.

Discount Shop on Walmart

Discount Shop on eBay
You can add Amazon to that list I believe. My Presage arrived today and was packed as an Amazon order. Strange since I ordered it directly from them. I also had to cancel the SRPC41J1 that I ordered directly from them only to re-order it from them on eBay to take advantage of the 15% off. They were great.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

CVP33 wrote:
yinzburgher wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:36 pm Just wanted to add that Discount Shop is on both Walmart and eBay with positive reviews and feedback. Although their prices on those sites are slightly higher.

Discount Shop on Walmart

Discount Shop on eBay
You can add Amazon to that list I believe. My Presage arrived today and was packed as an Amazon order. Strange since I ordered it directly from them. I also had to cancel the SRPC41J1 that I ordered directly from them only to re-order it from them on eBay to take advantage of the 15% off. They were great.
Being great about that cancellation/reorder says a lot.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Robotaz wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:13 pm
CVP33 wrote:

Discount Shop on Walmart

Discount Shop on eBay
My thought exactly. Any seller is great when you are ordering, but how they react when you try to cancel is the true testament. They were awesome and to elaborate further:

I called them on Saturday, but got no answer. I then called 2 more times again no answer. I then sent them an email explaining that I need to cancel an order and I sent them my cell phone number. Immediately following that I tried their "chat bot" and couldn't get anyone for about 2 minutes. Suddenly someone came on the chat bot line and asked if it would be OK if they called my cell phone. I said sure. Phone rang 5 seconds later. She handled it perfectly and sent me an email confirmation. Good stuff and saved me $43.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

CVP33 wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:13 pm
CVP33 wrote:
My thought exactly. Any seller is great when you are ordering, but how they react when you try to cancel is the true testament. They were awesome and to elaborate further:

I called them on Saturday, but got no answer. I then called 2 more times again no answer. I then sent them an email explaining that I need to cancel an order and I sent them my cell phone number. Immediately following that I tried their "chat bot" and couldn't get anyone for about 2 minutes. Suddenly someone came on the chat bot line and asked if it would be OK if they called my cell phone. I said sure. Phone rang 5 seconds later. She handled it perfectly and sent me an email confirmation. Good stuff and saved me $43.
Wow! I’m really impressed. I won’t hesitate in the future. Thanks so much for sharing.
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

Thanks for sharing and congrats on the watches!
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

Recently got a Seiko SRPC23J on sale from them. All went well and the watch is perfect in every way alignment wise, and even keeps excellent time. I'd use them again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk