Serious Watches

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Serious Watches

Post by watchpalooza »

Starting this thread after seeing [mention]dumberdrummer[/mention] post about his experience with Serious Watches here: viewtopic.php?p=18411#p18411

I personally have bought two watches from Mark at Serious Watches (Zelos Mako II and Nethuns No 5), and both times the customer service and attention to detail was noticeable. The shipping was same-day for both, arriving next day. The packing was top notch and included a hand written card. When I had an issue with the crown guard on the Nethuns and emailed, Mark was extremely responsive and sent out a replacement at his cost that was received in a couple days. He then followed up to make sure it worked out. I wish all online retailers offered such great customer service.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
ffeingol
MoT Member

Re: Serious Watches

Post by ffeingol »

I'll concur on my satisfaction (so far) with Serious Watches.

I ordered a Junghans From A from them on Sunday Evening (Central US time). The order shipped on Monday (NL time) UPS Intl and arrived on Wednesday. The box was packed well and arrived without any issue. I'll have to wait to see if I get a duty invoice from UPS, but I think it's under the limit.

The box contained:
  • What looks like a hand written note.
  • A small "bribe" card to get 10 euro off the next purchase for leaving a review
  • A small Serious Watches branded "tote" bag.
The actual watch box was wrapped in black tissue paper with a Serious Watches sticker holding it all together. Under that the actual watch box had a Serious Watches ribbon tied around it.

Some pictures (the tote bag is under the watch box):

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

There are only a couple of downsides that I've seen:
  • For me the only payment method was PayPal. That will incur higher currency conversion fees vs my credit card.
  • They have a good return policy, but shipping to Europe from the US is very expensive. It would cost a minimum of $50 for return shipping
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

ffeingol wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:57 pm
  • For me the only payment method was PayPal. That will incur higher currency conversion fees vs my credit card.
You can avoid the PP currency conversion fees fairly easily next time by temporarily switching the default currency in PP to euros before the transaction, then switching back after: viewtopic.php?p=17842#p17842
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
norsairius
MoT Member

Post by norsairius »

Just adding my take on Serious Watches: They're amazing to work with!

I ordered an Orient watch from them a while back and it was shipped quickly and arrived in similar fashion. Packaging was also very good so the watch was well-protected. Serious Watches actually noticed an error in my email address and corrected it on the backend (confirmed it with me too, of course) after I placed my order.

Silly as it may sound, I was kind of excited about getting a stroopwafel with my order as I'd seen others get them too. However, mine came without and I shared that in a review post of Serious Watches I did over at WUS. I wasn't upset or anything and I actually didn't expect one since I'm outside the EU, but apparently someone at WUS let Serious Watches know and they actually sent me one, which was a surprise for me because I didn't expect it! Serious Watches told me that they sometimes don't include them because the stroopwafel, as a food item, can sometimes trip things up when going through customs, which I can totally understand!

Anyway, I'd have no hesitations in ordering from Serious Watches again and if they have a watch in stock that you're looking to get, I'd highly recommend buying it from them.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

norsairius wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:47 pm Just adding my take on Serious Watches: They're amazing to work with!

I ordered an Orient watch from them a while back and it was shipped quickly and arrived in similar fashion. Packaging was also very good so the watch was well-protected. Serious Watches actually noticed an error in my email address and corrected it on the backend (confirmed it with me too, of course) after I placed my order.

Silly as it may sound, I was kind of excited about getting a stroopwafel with my order as I'd seen others get them too. However, mine came without and I shared that in a review post of Serious Watches I did over at WUS. I wasn't upset or anything and I actually didn't expect one since I'm outside the EU, but apparently someone at WUS let Serious Watches know and they actually sent me one, which was a surprise for me because I didn't expect it! Serious Watches told me that they sometimes don't include them because the stroopwafel, as a food item, can sometimes trip things up when going through customs, which I can totally understand!

Anyway, I'd have no hesitations in ordering from Serious Watches again and if they have a watch in stock that you're looking to get, I'd highly recommend buying it from them.
I totally forgot about the Stroopwaffeln! Both times I received one with my watches.
Click Icon To Contact Me