As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Citizen Signature Series Grand Touring Sport

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Nrachad

Citizen Signature Series Grand Touring Sport

Post by Nrachad »

Merry Christmas all!

I had been eying this watch for some time, but didn't want to pay the $600-700 going rate. I couldn't resist the $380 Macy's deal and ordered one on the 12th. The watch they sent me had several light scratches, but I was able to polish them out with some Flitz. My local Macy's exchanged the incorrect Ecodrive box my watch shipped in for a correct Signature Series box, complete with the paperwork wallet. Citizen USA is mailing me a correct instruction booklet, which is now discontinued and only provided online.
IMG_2397a.jpg
I finally have it adjusted properly and it's quite comfortable on my 8-1/4" wrist. The crown guard makes the watch a tad difficult to handwind, but it doesn't dig into my wrist and it differentiates the Grand Sport from my other blue divers. Overall, I'm pleased with the watch.
IMG_2398a.jpg
I read a number of reviews and one reoccurring complaint about the bracelet was the lack of adjustability. While these don't have micro-adjustments, they do have two half-links, located nearest the clasp. I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere and overlooked them the first time I sized my bracelet. It was too big as received and a tad too tight with one full ink removed. With only a half link out, it's just right!
IMG_2410a.jpg
This is the absolute last watch I'm buying.... this year, maybe!
I've got the time, if you've got the beer!