We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Citizen Signature Series Grand Touring Sport

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Nrachad

Citizen Signature Series Grand Touring Sport

Post by Nrachad »

Merry Christmas all!

I had been eying this watch for some time, but didn't want to pay the $600-700 going rate. I couldn't resist the $380 Macy's deal and ordered one on the 12th. The watch they sent me had several light scratches, but I was able to polish them out with some Flitz. My local Macy's exchanged the incorrect Ecodrive box my watch shipped in for a correct Signature Series box, complete with the paperwork wallet. Citizen USA is mailing me a correct instruction booklet, which is now discontinued and only provided online.
IMG_2397a.jpg
I finally have it adjusted properly and it's quite comfortable on my 8-1/4" wrist. The crown guard makes the watch a tad difficult to handwind, but it doesn't dig into my wrist and it differentiates the Grand Sport from my other blue divers. Overall, I'm pleased with the watch.
IMG_2398a.jpg
I read a number of reviews and one reoccurring complaint about the bracelet was the lack of adjustability. While these don't have micro-adjustments, they do have two half-links, located nearest the clasp. I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere and overlooked them the first time I sized my bracelet. It was too big as received and a tad too tight with one full ink removed. With only a half link out, it's just right!
IMG_2410a.jpg
This is the absolute last watch I'm buying.... this year, maybe!
I've got the time, if you've got the beer!