As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Nautica NSR-105 (Made by Timex)

Watch and watch accessory reviews posted by members.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Nautica NSR-105 ModelNAD12538GI have a strong Love-Hate view of Timex. I love TX for the great designs, great quality vs cost ratio, great heritage and awesome value!

I hate TX for the great misses. I’ve been following TX for the last 4 years or so since I bought my first piece (Yacht Racer). They have the capability of crafting great pieces and they have done so multiple times throught their history, but just keep missing the boat; just that extra value added which for many of us WUS are differentiators that are worth more than the cost of of giving you that extra. With many models like the Scout add decent lume; the Todd Snyder MS-1 Matitime Sport with a mere 30WR, countless models with stationary bezels,,when many other irrelevant pieces have good working bezels.

More than a diver, I found through the years that I am more of a field watch and tool watches. I was browsing for specs the bay last week and got curious to check out Nautica watches. I found the NSR-105 for less than $45 bucks and given the specs, it was an easy pull even though I am in full Quartz reduction mode.

For those that know the Waterbury line; I can say that the finishing, feel and overall quality of this piece is a nudge above the waterbuty line (I’ve had quite a few). I like this watch because its similar to the TX Expedition Scout with the field military dial; but also has the timing bezel and a screw down crown. So perhaps is a cross-over of sorts. It is a big boy and wears big, Has a 44mm case and is 50mm lug to lug with a 22mm lugs. The watch came with a very soft rubber; not premier quality as in Swiss specs, but much better than entry level; it is actually very nice but I do dislike the feel of rubber on skin on hot weather. So, this is destined to be worn in a NATO. However, worth noting, the Rubber and clasp are signed which adds that value added to the piece.

I don’t have many divers in my collection, but making the Seiko SRP309 the baseline; the bezel of this watch is quite good. 120 click uniderctional with very precise stops. Very easy to manipulate and has nice grooves for added details and comfort. The crown is not signed; but it is every easy to unscrew and set the time. It comes with quick-set date. The case back is a screw down type.

Speaking of added value, the dial is very well done all around; the numbers are applied and has a very interesting chapter ring. I wish that they would’ve make this one with a day-date complication as in the Todd Snyder MS-1.

I’ve only had the watch for less than a day, but now that it is on a good Nylon NATO, I can say that this is a long time keeper.

Many WIS will say that this watch is too big; but considering that Nautica actually makes watches with a purpuse, I pulled out my Nautica Jacket to take a picture. If you wear the watch on top of the jacket is actually very nice.. Obviously, that is not your daily wear, but for those that have 7+ wrists, this is a well crafted piece... and can take any task or activity head on.

And for the Eye Candy!

ImageWRUW by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageNautica by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageNautica by

Nautica by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
0746825@N08/]Wolfsatz[/url], on Flickr

And the Money Shot
ImageChapter Ring by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
Last edited by Wolfsatz on Mon May 27, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Re: Nautica NSR-105 (Made by Timex)

Post by Wolfsatz »

Hose Shot
ImageUntitled by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: Nautica NSR-105 (Made by Timex)

Post by BostonCharlie »

Thanks for the review! I'll be keeping a closer eye on Nautica watches.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Great review. I am looking at a different model myself thanks to your mentioning this watch. I have an offer on eBay currently, but when that resolves I will post here with details.

My only confusion is how you know this watch was made by Timex. What am I missing here?
Edit:
OK, I get it now. Nautica is licensed to the Timex Group. I am with you now.