We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Help me pick a watch box please!

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Help me pick a watch box please!

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Hi all, right now the Wolf windsor boxes are on sale and I am trying to decide between the brown/orange or the black/purple colors... It shouldn't be this hard to decide lol. But let me know what you guys think, I keep swaying back and forth. Also if you have any other good suggestions let me know. I was originally going to buy a hard shell pelican style case and make my own.

ImageImage
Last edited by AndroidIsAwesome on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: Help me pick a watch box please!

Post by Boourns »

I've got the brown/orange. Both look good, but I just prefer brown to black generally. (I own one black shirt: a solid black polo I call my funeral shirt that I keep around just in case.)
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Hi all, right now the Wolf windsor boxes are on sale and I am trying to decide between the brown/orange or the black/purple colors... It shouldn't be this hard to decide lol. But let me know what you guys think, I keep swaying back and forth. Also if you have any other good suggestions let me know. I was originally going to buy a hard shell pelican style case and make my own.

ImageImage
I vote black and purple because it goes better with my nightstand

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Well I ended up going black and purple haha. Got it off Amazon Canada and it actually let me stack all my Amazon promo codes from this week, along with a 30% prime day discount! Grand total after tax was $73 CAD (or $56 USD). Not bad especially if I originally bought it from massdrop which adds about $60 shipping and duty to Canada.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:09 pm Well I ended up going black and purple haha. Got it off Amazon Canada and it actually let me stack all my Amazon promo codes from this week, along with a 30% prime day discount! Grand total after tax was $73 CAD (or $56 USD). Not bad especially if I originally bought it from massdrop which adds about $60 shipping and duty to Canada.
I paid $70 USD for mine more than 2 years ago. I think you got a great deal. Mine has held up really well (bad closet lighting):
IMG_20190715_220750.jpg
I wish that watch were 38mm?
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I think both look really good but I'm gonna say orange/brown edges out purple black. Also I think it works with your Mido Ocean Star. Don't tell anyone from Pittsburgh I voted for orange and brown. Football and the Steelers mean A LOT here. At some point years ago I bought the kicks pictured below. I liked them but had trouble getting myself to wear them around town. Luckily I had a pair black and yellow Adidas too.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

yinzburgher wrote:I think both look really good but I'm gonna say orange/brown edges out purple black. Also I think it works with your Mido Ocean Star. Don't tell anyone from Pittsburgh I voted for orange and brown. Football and the Steelers mean A LOT here. At some point years ago I bought the kicks pictured below. I liked them but had trouble getting myself to wear them around town. Luckily I had a pair black and yellow Adidas too.
Damn it you're right. Would've matched perfectly. Oh well, guess I have to go buy a purple watch now to match it right?
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Yeah this box is pretty awesome. Highly recommend to anyone if you can get it on sale. What I like most is how much space there is between the glass and watches

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Yeah this box is pretty awesome. Highly recommend to anyone if you can get it on sale. What I like most is how much space there is between the glass and watches

I have that box and the 5 watch one. Both in all black. Or black and grey, can't remember. But I do love them and got them on great sales as well

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Insta me: bbrou33