We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Pattini Straps - Recommended

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Pattini Straps - Recommended

Post by TheJohnP »

Wasn't too thrilled with the OEM strap on my CCCP Friedmann. Didn't care for the texture on the strap. The taper made the watch head look HUGE. And the black strap made the blue minute hand also look black.

Had been on the search to replace it for some time. I thought that a strap with blue and red stitching would compliment the handset, so spent a lot of time searching for a suitable candidate. I eventually found my way to Watch Band Center and saw a likely contender by a company called Pattini. Wasn't familiar with them and wasn't taken by the stock WBC had on hand, so I thought I'd try to see what Pattini offered directly.

Took some digging, but I eventually found their site - https://pattini.pl/
*NOTE* - They have an "English" button on their site. It doesn't work. I had to do everything through Google Translate on Chrome.

I liked that they offered some customization and reasonable prices.
So I ordered this strap in blue leather with white and red stitching (I could choose placement for the colors, so I could've done red on inside and white on outside if I wanted) - https://pattini.pl/pl/p/Skorzany-pasek- ... ikacja/205

With shipping, the total for this custom strap was about $28.
They take Paypal.

I ordered the strap on 10/23.
Took 10 business days to process, so I got shipping confirmation on 11/6.
The watch delivered on 11/16, with my having to sign for it.

Watch came well packed in a nice box and looks to be very well constructed.

I think it looks really good on the CCCP and feels great on the wrist.

I would not hesitate to order from Pattini again.
Especially if I'm looking for a custom and affordable strap option.
The use of Google Translate isn't ideal, but not a dealbreaker and wasn't enough of a hurdle when you consider the savings on a custom strap.

That's my experience.
Hope others find value in this.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
VCheng
MoT Member

Re: Pattini Straps - Recommended

Post by VCheng »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:38 pm Wasn't too thrilled with the OEM strap on my CCCP Friedmann. Didn't care for the texture on the strap. The taper made the watch head look HUGE. And the black strap made the blue minute hand also look black.

Had been on the search to replace it for some time. I thought that a strap with blue and red stitching would compliment the handset, so spent a lot of time searching for a suitable candidate. I eventually found my way to Watch Band Center and saw a likely contender by a company called Pattini. Wasn't familiar with them and wasn't taken by the stock WBC had on hand, so I thought I'd try to see what Pattini offered directly.

*NOTE* - They have an "English" button on their site. It doesn't work. I had to do everything through Google Translate on Chrome.

So I ordered this strap in blue leather with white and red stitching (I could choose placement for the colors, so I could've done red on inside and white on outside if I wanted) - https://pattini.pl/pl/p/Skorzany-pasek- ... ikacja/205

They take Paypal.

The use of Google Translate isn't ideal, but not a dealbreaker and wasn't enough of a hurdle when you consider the savings on a custom strap.

That's my experience.
Good taste. I had a similar pattern strap from Watch Band Center as well. Interesting material. Tried to find a photo in my cell phone but couldn't find it. So here is a stock photo from the website.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

VCheng wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:18 pm
Good taste. I had a similar pattern strap from Watch Band Center as well. Interesting material. Tried to find a photo in my cell phone but couldn't find it. So here is a stock photo from the website.
What would you say about the material - good, bad?
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

watchpalooza wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:51 pm
VCheng wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:18 pm
What would you say about the material - good, bad?
I think it's on the good side. The material is not exactly rubber I think, the website says it's synthetic material in textile look. It's more flexible than rubber but still quite thick. It conforms to your skin when wearing tight. It's water resistant. The detailed texture pattern is interesting and quite unique. You don't easily find such pattern on straps.

The down side is it's a little sticky on the surface, but I don't see it catch dust. It doesn't give you the feel of rubber or leather straps.

My overall opinion is give it a try for such price if you are looking for a rubber like (non leather) water resistant strap and like the pattern.

Btw, I think they have brown color and available in 20 and 22mm.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

TheJohnP wrote:Wasn't too thrilled with the OEM strap on my CCCP Friedmann. Didn't care for the texture on the strap. The taper made the watch head look HUGE. And the black strap made the blue minute hand also look black.

They take Paypal.

That's my experience.
This is one of my favorite pairings of strap and watch I have seen. Its just. . .beautiful!!! Maybe I am a sucker for a Copernicus, but either way, that looks spectacular. I also like the squared off end to the strap. I will definitely keep them in mind.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Thanks [mention]Dub Rubb[/mention]!
Coming from such a skilled modder, that is high praise.
:)
Click Icon To Contact Me

cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Based upon the rec here, I’ve ordered a custom strap for my KonTiki Adventure. Ordered 12/9, shipping notification on 12/17, still awaiting delivery. Hoping the longer wait is due to the holidays or customs, although I did notice they initially formatted my USA address kind of weirdly, which I tried to correct via email. Guess we’ll see if I win my $28 bet that the language barrier and USPS can both be overcome. [emoji846]
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Right at a month after it was shipped, mine arrived today. Had to pick up from Post Office as signature was required (as noted above).

First impression: seems well made, thick but flexible. Colors are a little different than I was hoping, but such is ordering online. Think it works nicely with the Kontiki and I may order another in the future if looking for a particular color combo.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I think that looks great.

I've always thought that dial was kind of dull. To my eye, the strong contrast of the strap really brings it together and makes it more attractive.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Just poking around at Pattini and looks like they were able to improve their English version of the site.

Use this url to order, without having to depend on Google Translate.

https://pattini.eu/
Click Icon To Contact Me