We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Add your canvas strap pics

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
AndyS
MoT Member

Re: Add your canvas strap pics

Post by AndyS »

OK, think I'm done with my "distressing", other than maybe seeing if I can induce some light fraying on the edges. Not sure if I want to do that or not.

My goal was to get this one looking like a worn in pair of blue jeans, and I think I achieved that.

Technique was simply to soak the band in water, then go at it as it looked like it needed it with the wire brush. Let dry and repeat until satisfied.

This watch face photographs weird with it's lume dial and sapphire combo. The band twisted show was intended to show the color change, but I'm not sure it really does.
Blue Canvas Distressed 1.jpg
Blue Canvas Distressed 2.jpg
Last edited by AndyS on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I bought a black one a while back and thought I would try something different with it. I waterproofed it with bees wax. The whole thing is basically impregnated with wax, so it is stiff, but very waterproof. I will need to break it in a bit and see how that goes.

ImageImage
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Got mine yesterday. Cannot say how impressed I am. These are THICK! Even the buckle is nice. The only potential criticism so far is that both keepers are free. Since I have small wrists I use both, but this could be a plus if you are on the larger side and only need one -- the second one still slide right off. Also, the 20mm and 22mm blue are slightly different colors. We shall see how they wear.

I love my Barton canvas straps, but honestly unless you need the color or need specifically a thin canvas strap, there's no reason to spend $20 on those anymore. We will see how they hold up.

I wish that watch were 38mm?
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Got my black one in. Trying to decide if I want to rough this one up or not.

Testing on the MDV-106:
ImageImage
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

AndyS wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:53 pm Got my black one in. Trying to decide if I want to rough this one up or not.

Testing on the MDV-106:
ImageImage
I think it looks good just like that. They don't take to long to start looking aged/weathered anyway. I don't wear my blue one all that much yet the color is a bit lighter than the other unused blue one I have.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:36 pm I think it looks good just like that. They don't take to long to start looking aged/weathered anyway. I don't wear my blue one all that much yet the color is a bit lighter than the other unused blue one I have.
Yeah, it's fine. I was going for more of the frayed edge look vs fading on this one. I'll probably wear it a bit as is, or just get a second to experiment with since they're so cheap.

Think I'll order one for my Citizen AT9010-52E in 24mm. Give me a lighter alternative to the bracelet. This is one of those oddball odd number banded watch at 23mm, but the fabric in these should have no trouble working with that.

Looks like they'll be on sale a few more cents off in four days, too.
Citizen Radio.jpg
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

A different strap this time. This is the leather-lined canvas that comes with the Halios Seaforth. This particular one came with the Bronzo so the buckle is bronze too. I'm not sure who actually makes it but I think it looks good and it's definitely comfortable. But it probably gets overlooked because the rubber strap that comes with the Seaforth is so damn good. Pics from a while ago.

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Swapped this out yesterday:

Just my $0.02 USD as always.