We're Moving!

Click for more info.

'Soft' NATO straps

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
Potato_With_Arms
MoT Member

'Soft' NATO straps

Post by Potato_With_Arms »

What options are there for a softer material NATO straps besides leather, rubber, and the elastic bands?

I always thought perlon would be, however the edges are too sharp for my skin. The stitching rubs against my skin many on many of the nylon straps I have tried as well.

I have a seatbelt NATO on the way to give that style a try, so TBD on that front.

Any input is appreciated!
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: 'Soft' NATO straps

Post by Boourns »

The softest I've had are the Blushark Alphasharks. I've not tried the AlphaPremier but they're supposed to be even softer. I'm about to pull the trigger on some Ali Express seatbelt NATOs that look similar but for less than 1/3 the price.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Boourns wrote:The softest I've had are the Blushark Alphasharks. I've not tried the AlphaPremier but they're supposed to be even softer. I'm about to pull the trigger on some Ali Express seatbelt NATOs that look similar but for less than 1/3 the price.
Mind sharing a link sir. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Potato_With_Arms
MoT Member

Boourns wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:24 pm The softest I've had are the Blushark Alphasharks. I've not tried the AlphaPremier but they're supposed to be even softer. I'm about to pull the trigger on some Ali Express seatbelt NATOs that look similar but for less than 1/3 the price.
Good to know, thanks! Coincidentally the seat belt NATO on the way is from Blushark, in addition one of the premium NATOs, and a canvasoft so we will see 😎
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Archer's Seatbelt NATO is the softest I own - https://www.archerwatchstraps.com/produ ... k-hardware

Other NATOs tend to be hit or miss, even from the same seller. Was the perlon strap you tried Eulit or another brand? While they're a little more expensive, but I haven't had a problem with scratchiness with Eulits.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

mplsabdullah wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:01 pm
Boourns wrote:The softest I've had are the Blushark Alphasharks. I've not tried the AlphaPremier but they're supposed to be even softer. I'm about to pull the trigger on some Ali Express seatbelt NATOs that look similar but for less than 1/3 the price.

These are the ones I'm going to try. There are others, but these are the cheapest I can find (including shipping) that have photos of sufficient detail to see the weave.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000443 ... 0443854723
I wish that watch were 38mm?
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

The Blushark Alpha Premier are the best hands down. They're fairly thin too, which makes them feel even more pliable. Definitely the best seatbelt strap out there IMO. I own several.
Potato_With_Arms
MoT Member

cortman wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:34 pm The Blushark Alpha Premier are the best hands down. They're fairly thin too, which makes them feel even more pliable. Definitely the best seatbelt strap out there IMO. I own several.
I haven't had a chance to wear mine, but they feel really smooth :)

Hopefully i can report back on them soon, stupid surgery put a delay on my watch activities 😓
DuckaDiesel
MoT Member

Post by DuckaDiesel »

Boourns wrote:
mplsabdullah wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:01 pm

These are the ones I'm going to try. There are others, but these are the cheapest I can find (including shipping) that have photos of sufficient detail to see the weave.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000443 ... 0443854723
I have those.
They are amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Potato_With_Arms
MoT Member

Since being able to test out the BluShark straps, I can say the Seatbelt NATOs from them are incredibly soft. Threads are nice and snug against the band too.

So far I only have [edit: three] complaints for the BluShark straps:
1. 22mm Canvas strap has a very odd hole punch pattern, there are no holes present for the tightness I need, so I will be reaching out on that one. Strap feels really nice and comfortable though
2. Sailcloth spring bars seem a little loose inside the strap. This is only a mild criticism. The Barton Sailcloth bands I ordered were nice and snug, although they have their own fraying issues which are apparently being addressed.
3. It would appear my wrist size does not agree with the keeper hole placement on the seatbelt NATOs. Its either too tight, or too loose. The on spot I need the keeper is right between holes.

This is annoying :(
DuckaDiesel
MoT Member

Post by DuckaDiesel »

Pics of the AliX straps mentioned above

Potato_With_Arms
MoT Member

DuckaDiesel wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:23 pm Pics of the AliX straps mentioned above

Well hello beautiful :lol: