We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Post by watchpalooza »

ILiveOnWacker wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:52 pm
watchpalooza wrote:
EA-Sports wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:12 pm
I had the same issue when trying to tuck the end under the spring bar with the old hardware. I was hoping the new hardware would solve this problem and I wouldn’t need to tuck the end under the spring bar and I can trim the end so it’s not too long. We’ll find out in a few days when I receive the new hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely solved with the new buckle. It is not necessary to tuck under the spring bar...I just did it to get it out of the way until I am sure I want to keep it on this watch and commit to cutting off the extra length.
Thanks for the pics. When you cut it, do you need to burn the edges so they don’t fray? Or will that light the whole thing on fire!?

They will fray if not burned, but burn with care as they are very flamable.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

I got my buckles yesterday and Sofie three in a tropic strap which was nice of her.

The new buckles defiantly work, almost too well. It’s hard to adjust them on the go. I have to take the watch off and it takes a few minutes to adjust it.

I ended up putting the original buckle close to the lug to use as a keeper. I think that works well.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

ILiveOnWacker wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:31 am I got my buckles yesterday and Sofie three in a tropic strap which was nice of her.
Same here. She's definitely earned my repeat business.

Somehow my package was diverted to Canada first. :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Got mine today and it solved the issue nicely (and the tropic strap was a nice gesture).
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

It looks like CNS now has "paratrooper" straps available with black hardware. Maybe it has been available for a while but I think this is the first I've noticed it. Also, all of the photos now show straps with the updated "no-slip" hardware.

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/coll ... descending
EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

yinzburgher wrote:It looks like CNS now has "paratrooper" straps available with black hardware. Maybe it has been available for a while but I think this is the first I've noticed it. Also, all of the photos now show straps with the updated "no-slip" hardware.

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/coll ... descending
The instructional video is still using the old hardware though.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

ImageMy replacement hardware came in and it does work, but not without minor issues. Doubtless it holds tight and isn't going anywhere, so that part is solved. The problem is that the new hardware is 2mm narrower than the original. That means that it pinches the strap (not that big of a deal, it just looks a little sloppy) and also has a mismatch between the hook part and the loop part to the tune of being 2mm too tight. Did anyone get appropriately sized hardware or is it all just slightly too small?

That means that the hook can't sit cleanly and may rub oddly on the loop part. I have notified Sofie about this for consideration in the next hardware revision.
ClaspAskew.jpg
I also noticed how the direction of the brushing was also different on the hook and loop. Does it affect function? No. Does it bother me? A little bit.
BrushingClash.jpg
Easy enough to fix, but the little extra details are what sets products apart from the rest. This product is almost there and I feel that with a little bit of community Beta testing that it would have been a much smoother product rollout. I also pitched the idea of such a Beta program to Sofie and let her know about the brushing.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I heard a response from CNS and they appreciated the detailed feedback and seemed I interested in the idea of a Beta program going forward, so we will see where that goes.

Of course, I mentioned a place I know on the inter webs where high quality testers might be sourced;)
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

They now sell the single pass stretch NATO's.

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/coll ... ck-and-red
NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Post by NapoleonDynamite »

Hi there, has anyone got these paratrooper straps that you feed through the spring bars and then put the metal loop which you can take off and on (see video). Seems like you then tuck the leftovers of the strap under the watch head.

Does the strap sit nice and tight on the wrist and excess strap doesn't appear? Basically is it nice and tight and clean like a typical MN strap?

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

I trimmed the excess strap from mine so there's about an inch to overlap with the rest of the strap. The only other MN-style strap I have experience with is from Watch Gecko, so I don't have much to compare but I do find the metal loop stays in place better with CNS straps, keeping the strap a tight as I want it.
EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

NapoleonDynamite wrote:Hi there, has anyone got these paratrooper straps that you feed through the spring bars and then put the metal loop which you can take off and on (see video). Seems like you then tuck the leftovers of the strap under the watch head.

Does the strap sit nice and tight on the wrist and excess strap doesn't appear? Basically is it nice and tight and clean like a typical MN strap?

Cheers!

Just like what Sussa said, you can trim the strap so that it won’t go under the watch/caseback. I ended up liking the paratrooper better than single pass or nato from CNS because it has infinite adjustability and you can just trim the excess. When you trim the strap and heat the part where you trim it’ll be underneath so you won’t see it.

jfield
MoT Member

Post by jfield »

I have a pending shipment from CNS and got re-routed back to Sweden due to a new customs regulation. Sofie was kind enough to offer to re-ship the order with tracking but failed to actually provide the tracking info. It's been more than 2 weeks and so far she hasn't written back and I have no idea what the deal is. Is anyone having issues receiving their orders in 2021?
I'm hoping the package is still on-route but with passing days I'm starting to wonder something has gone wrong.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Revive!

Any recent impressions on new CNS Paratrooper style straps? Has the design changed enough to make them usable? I picked up the Glycine bronze watch from ShopHQ, and there are a couple of bronze buckled Paratroopers going for cheap there. But didn't want to jump if if they're still a headache. Doesn't look like the online pics on the site show the three hole sliders like mentioned way up thread.
NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Post by NapoleonDynamite »

AndyS wrote:Revive!

Any recent impressions on new CNS Paratrooper style straps? Has the design changed enough to make them usable? I picked up the Glycine bronze watch from ShopHQ, and there are a couple of bronze buckled Paratroopers going for cheap there. But didn't want to jump if if they're still a headache. Doesn't look like the online pics on the site show the three hole sliders like mentioned way up thread.
I never progressed with these straps. I went down the path of buying MN straps off AliExpress and then getting them resized for a better fit.