“SOLD”: Timex T2N632 Weekender Classic Casual “Timex Explorer”

Watches and watch accessories for sale or trade by members.
cheddar
MoT Member

“SOLD”: Timex T2N632 Weekender Classic Casual “Timex Explorer”

Post by cheddar »

Hello everyone,

For “sale” is my Timex T2N632 Weekender Classic Casual. I bought this watch off a Groupon deal in 2012 for $18.44. I have worn it many times while mowing the lawn, gardening, and running various errands. Sadly, with my watch box filling up with Swiss-made watches that cost many multiples while keeping less accurate (or is it precise?) time, this one just isn’t seeing wear anymore. Thus, as it has taken a lickin’ but keeps on tickin’, I’d like to find it a new home.

The T2N632 is, of course, one of the legendary references in watch collecting. Known as the “Timex Explorer” by myself and probably no one else, this watch essentially shares the same dimensions as the nearly-as-legendary Rolex Explorer 36, at 36mm wide, with a 44 lug-to-lug. The lug width is a very accessible 18mm. I couldn’t put this watch on my timegrapher as it’s quartz, but pretty sure it’s keeping excellent time. The numerals at 12-3-6-9 and hour markers also clearly influenced the design of the Rolex version.

No box, papers, or original packaging. I tried emailing Timex for an abstract of the production and service history of the watch, but all I got back was an email with a smiley face.

As much as I hate to let this piece of haute horologie go, I figured my best chance to find it a good home would be here.

I’m asking $5, to cover the cost of shipping. Pay me electronically, however you want. It will be sent in a bubble envelope, no tracking, at the cheapest rate the USPS will allow.

More info from Timex:

Description
Product Description
The Timex Men's Weekender Casual Leather Strap Watch offers casual, yet fashionable styling for the relaxed lifestyle. The olive green leather strap with sesame sunburst dial makes this an ideal accessory for any wardrobe. The Indiglo[emoji2400] night-light make this timepiece truly unique. The dial is protected by a mineral crystal, which covers the luminous hands powered by analog quartz movement. A relaxed style featuring the Timex tradition of quality craftsmanship, this watch is the everyday timepiece you have been waiting for.

Pics!

cheddar
MoT Member

Re: FS: Timex T2N632 Weekender Classic Casual “Timex Explorer”

Post by cheddar »

No takers for this classic timepiece yet? I blame myself for not properly showcasing its beauty through my first few photos. Behold the elegant lines and fine brushed finishing that would make Abraham-Louis Bregeut envious:

cheddar
MoT Member

Re: “SOLD”: Timex T2N632 Weekender Classic Casual “Timex Explorer”

Post by cheddar »

On its way to a lucky recipient via the PIF thread!