As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

SOLD: 1968 Seiko World Time 6117-6010 with "Error Bezel"

Watches and watch accessories for sale or trade by members.
recapt
MoT Member

SOLD: 1968 Seiko World Time 6117-6010 with "Error Bezel"

Post by recapt »

Up for sale is my vintage Seiko World Time 6117-6010 featuring what has become known as the "Error Bezel" (more on that at bottom of post).

This piece has even, age-appropriate wear with no major blemishes. The silver linen dial is full of color and texture with a lacquered finish and applied markers. The colors are bright and vivid, and there is no peeling or fading from exposure. If you are looking for one of these models you will be hard-pressed to find a better example.

Everything operates as expected and the lume still has life. The interior world time bezel rotates smoothly. The watch was last serviced in 2018 and is currently running -30 spd.

It comes with a brand new blue leather strap and the original beads of rice bracelet that will fit up to about a 7" wrist. The bracelet clasp could use some tightening.

IMG_3283.jpg
2 - cMZvEBa.jpg
3 - EkankDg.jpg
4 - DSxYoMl.jpg
5 - QXwJ0XJ.jpg
6 - NiBZWW6.jpg
7 - rDNJIud.jpg
8 - sT6dMW7.jpg
9 - Tk3BYsP.jpg

Check out the Video!
Timestamp

Specs

-- Movement: Seiko 6117A
-- Manufacture Date: August 1968
-- Case size: 38mm
-- Case height: 12.5mm (including high-dome box crystal)
-- Lug-to-lug: 45mm
-- Lug width: 19mm
-- High-dome box acrylic crystal

What you get

-- 1968 Seiko World Time 6117-6010 with "Error Bezel"
-- Original Seiko beads of rice bracelet (fits up to ~7" wrist)
-- Brand new blue leather strap

Asking $1,200 OBO net to me which includes insured priority shipping within the CONUS. Venmo or Paypal F&F preferred. Buyer covers any fees if PayPal G&S is used. The watch will ship the next business day after payment is received.

Feedback from Reddit, WUS & eBay available on request. Otherwise, fire away with any questions. Thanks!

- - -

Why is it called an "Error Bezel"?

Take a look at the interior world time bezel. Notice how London is grouped with Paris & Rome as opposed to being the same as GMT? Although this looks like an error, it was completely intentional due to a 3-year time zone change experiment that the UK ran starting in October 1968. The serial number on this watch identifies it as being manufactured in August 1968, in preparation for the experiment that would begin just 2 months later. I love that this watch is evidence of a very unique slice of world history.
recapt
MoT Member

Re: FS: 1968 Seiko World Time 6117-6010 with "Error Bezel"

Post by recapt »

Sold elsewhere. Thanks crew.