We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Found: Seiko SRP313 "Vampire Monster"

Watches and watch accessory wanted listings by members.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Found: Seiko SRP313 "Vampire Monster"

Post by yinzburgher »

Wanted to Buy: Seiko SRP313 automatic 2nd generation "Vampire Monster" AKA Dracula Monster AKA Bloody Monster.

If anyone has one of these that you are looking to sell please let me know. I don't care whether it is the J version or K version, strap or bracelet. While I would consider a pristine LNIB example, I would be more likely to buy a well-used, more beat-up example to keep the price reasonable. Obviously we can figure out a price that reflects the condition. I am well aware that especially mint models have risen in price more recently but I'm looking for one of these to wear rather than a collection keepsake. Another option may be to trade if there are any 3rd gen Seiko Monsters you are looking for. Please PM as opposed to leaving a post in this thread. Thanks MOTers!

Last edited by yinzburgher on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: WTB: Seiko SRP313 "Vampire Monster"

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

I don't have one to sell, but I think you'll have an easier time buying another monster and just buying the vampire dial separately and modding yourself. People with the vampire monsters never seem to sell them
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: WTB: Seiko SRP313

Post by yinzburgher »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:52 pm I don't have one to sell, but I think you'll have an easier time buying another monster and just buying the vampire dial separately and modding yourself. People with the vampire monsters never seem to sell them
Good point, modding one has crossed my mind actually. I'm not sure of my chances of snagging on here to be honest. Price-wise I almost always find better deals on ebay than I do on forums but I thought I would give it a shot.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Not sure what a good price is for one of these. Looks like at one point they were around $200, but now most are going for $600+ on Ebay. Some examples:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4281649010

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3851593883

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3853415581

On Chrono24 they are even more...apparently people believe they have gold with this one. If you don’t want tp pay a small fortune, [mention]AndroidIsAwesome[/mention] ‘s suggestion is a good way to go.

There is also this one (SRP485K1) that looks very similar but sells for less:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4286799293
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Thanks! I have alerts set up on ebay and some other places and I've just been watching prices so far. If I buy this it will likely be an ebay auction but I just didn't want to miss something right here in our own back yard. I know of one forum member here that has one and I PM'd him but he doesn't read his messages. I don't really want to bother him further but I thought maybe he might see this. We'll see.