We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Aoede Watch Co - Sea Venture

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Aoede Watch Co - Sea Venture

Post by TheJohnP »

Second model from Aoede Watch Co out of Massachusetts, but their first Kickstarter campaign for the Sea Venture dive watch.
This is already fully funded!

Super Early Bird pricing is $259
Early Bird pricing is $279
Regular price will be $359

Estimated delivery is May 2020

Four colorways available:

0784c3c861606df754baaadf26e9e78a_original.png
1bd3c66f5dbf5c52603997b0638adf65_original.png
e388944e03287d026d5340176ed225d3_original.png
c744832d351475814029bdd64f4e44c7_original.png

Specs:

MOVEMENT: Seiko NH-35 automatic movement
CASE DIMENSIONS: 40mm (20mm lug width)
CASE: Polished marine-grade 316L stainless steel
CRYSTAL: Sapphire, AR coating on the inside
BEZEL: K1 Hardened Crystal
CROWN: Signed screw down crown
LUME: BGW9 on Idices, hands and numbers
WATER-RESISTANCE: 100m/330ft Water resistance.
STRAP: pass through-style strap in multiple colors, upgrade to leather and rubber available

c20e7bcc4d3afa4f9b5416e7b73d81d6_original.png
d42bd657436f48cc30dd498004bab518_original.png
0dda1334aeda23b919e8a2a08e2a3775_original.png
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Aoede Watch Co - Sea Venture

Post by Boourns »

These may be too much for some, but I freaking love them. Give me a #2 or #3. Good specs and size, too.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Colorwise, these remind me of a much more affordable Ocean Crawler.
Click Icon To Contact Me

joelf15
MoT Member

Post by joelf15 »

I think I want to get one because they're from Massachusetts and so am I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SeaborneBrian
Brand Rep

Post by SeaborneBrian »

Thanks folks, @TheJohnP -- I appreciate you posting the Sea Venture to the forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know - I designed the Sea Venture watches and manage the company as well. The design exercise was not to create a watch everyone would love -- but the segment of people that love colorful watches like the old vintage divers I collect would love. We are thrilled to have this KS launched. Feel free to ask any questions, happy to assist.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

aoedebrian wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:27 pm Thanks folks, @TheJohnP -- I appreciate you posting the Sea Venture to the forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know - I designed the Sea Venture watches and manage the company as well. The design exercise was not to create a watch everyone would love -- but the segment of people that love colorful watches like the old vintage divers I collect would love. We are thrilled to have this KS launched. Feel free to ask any questions, happy to assist.
Welcome! We actually have a brand showcase forum. Contact the admin/dear leader [mention]manontime[/mention] to get set up if interested.
Last edited by Boourns on Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

aoedebrian wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:27 pm Thanks folks, @TheJohnP -- I appreciate you posting the Sea Venture to the forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know - I designed the Sea Venture watches and manage the company as well. The design exercise was not to create a watch everyone would love -- but the segment of people that love colorful watches like the old vintage divers I collect would love. We are thrilled to have this KS launched. Feel free to ask any questions, happy to assist.
Boourns wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:35 pm
Welcome! We actually have a brand showcase forum. Contact the admin/dead leader [mention]manontime[/mention] to get set up if interested.
Welcome to the site!

As Boourns said, we love showcasing brands here. If you'd like the opportunity to have the Aoede and the Sea Venture included, please contact me or one of the staff and we'll get you the info.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:52 pm
Welcome! We actually have a brand showcase forum. Contact the admin/dead leader @manontime to get set up if interested.
Welcome to the site!

As Boourns said, we love showcasing brands here. If you'd like the opportunity to have the Aoede and the Sea Venture included, please contact me or one of the staff and we'll get you the info.
Just realized I called you our "dead leader" rather than "dear." Hopefully this unfortunate typo is inaccurate for a long time :lol:
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Boourns wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:54 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:52 pm

Welcome! We actually have a brand showcase forum. Contact the admin/dead leader @manontime to get set up if interested.
Welcome to the site!

Just realized I called you our "dead leader" rather than "dear." Hopefully this unfortunate typo is inaccurate for a long time :lol:
Me too!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Perdendosi
MoT Member

Post by Perdendosi »

They're cool looking.
I'm surprised there's no thickness or lug-to-lug length specs listed in the campaign. Nor is there any discussion of whether the bezel is 120-click or something else (I'd expect 120-click, but I've been fooled before....).

Also, for a watch that ships only on a pass-through, I'd hope for at least a custom design, not what looks like standard, solid color pass-through.

Typo in the body of the campaign -- you have 100m/33ft (not 330 ft) for WR.
And I think it's a little unfair to say that your WR is "in true dive watch fashion..." in your video. I think most of us think "true" dive watches are 200m WR.
- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
Current collection:

Baume & Mercier Capeland Chrono | Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT | Oris Artix Date | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Hamtun H2 Meteroite | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Nth Nacken Renegade | Direnzo DRZ-03 "Blood Moon" | Citizen Grand Classic | Nodus Sector Field | Seiko SSA409 "Honeycomb" Star Bar **** Time | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Great White Turtle | Manchester Watch Works (RIP) Equinox All-Lume Dial | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" | Casio AE1400WH-2AV
SeaborneBrian
Brand Rep

Post by SeaborneBrian »

Perdendosi wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:02 pm They're cool looking.
I'm surprised there's no thickness or lug-to-lug length specs listed in the campaign. Nor is there any discussion of whether the bezel is 120-click or something else (I'd expect 120-click, but I've been fooled before....).

Also, for a watch that ships only on a pass-through, I'd hope for at least a custom design, not what looks like standard, solid color pass-through.

Typo in the body of the campaign -- you have 100m/33ft (not 330 ft) for WR.
And I think it's a little unfair to say that your WR is "in true dive watch fashion..." in your video. I think most of us think "true" dive watches are 200m WR.
Hey there, and thanks for the kind words -- its really appreciated!

The early pages were missing some important info but we did update the KS with those questions -- so you don't have to click over:

* Thickness: 12.9mm
* L2L: 48mm
* Bezel: 120-click uni-directional

Other:

* Straps: We added a free silicone diver strap and will have a trope strap available as well. On the pass-through -- yeah, I agree we should have had more options. I went with the solid colors not due to price (honestly, in busy pass-through straps aren't pricey -- even custom color ones) but because I liked the looked with the overall design. In hindsight I should have added more. When we put the Sea Venture into the line, I will make sure to bring in more designs -- good call out.

Dive Watch: Its a never-ending debate for sure. ISO standards state that a "dive watch must be at least 100M so we stand by the fact that it is a dive watch (it meets all the other ISO requirements as well, though we cannot, at this point, afford the ISO process!). That said, most dive watches never do see underwater -- even much more capable divers. I have used this underwater without issue, and have had them tested -- but for serious divers they will use something else, I have no doubt. This is mostly made for people that want a cool, colorful looking watch that aren't afraid to get their watches dirty and wet, and bang it around without worry -- it does that for sure. In the future we have a few designs for 200 and 300m.

Question for you:

* What do you want to see more of? Less of?
* Other than a 200M (or better rating) what else would excite you in a watch of this type?

Again, thanks for the feedback, apologies for the delay in responding!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Aoede Watch Co - Sea Venture

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was:

SUCCESSFUL

57 backers pledged $16,408 to help bring this project to life.

Just as a reminder, Aoede does have their own Brand Showcase here - viewforum.php?f=31
Click Icon To Contact Me