We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Raconteur Watches - Verne & Earhart mechanical collection

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Raconteur Watches - Verne & Earhart mechanical collection

Post by TheJohnP »

Raconteur Watches out of Sweden have launched their new collections, the Verne and Earhart.
This is their second Kickstarter, following a previously successful campaign.

Super Early Bird pricing for the Earhart handwound is around $215
Early Bird pricing is around $260
Regular price will be about $362

Super Early Bird pricing for the Verne Bi-Compax handwound chronograph is around $310
Early Bird pricing is around $350
Regular price will be about $569

Super Early Bird pricing for the Verne Nautilus automatic is around $340
Early Bird pricing is around $385
Regular price will be about $621

Estimated delivery is May 2020

All watches in the collection feature Seagull movements AND produced exclusively by Tianjin Seagull Watch Group.

The Earhart:

The Earhart is a 34mm hand-wound watch, paying homage to Amelia Earhart. Initially available in four different variations. The Earhart uses the Seagull ST1700 mechanical movement.

The Verne Bi-Compax Chronograph:

the Verne Bi-Compax, a 40mm mechanical chronograph in tribute to the Jules Verne novel ”From the Earth to the Moon." Initially available in three different variations; sunburst grey, panda and reversed panda. The Bi-Compax uses the Seagull ST1901 mechanical movement.

The Verne Nautilus Dive Watch:

The Verne Nautilus is a 40mm automatic tool watch in tribute to ”20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” and the famous Captain Nemo. Initially available in two different variations: blue and red dial. The Nautilus uses the Seagull ST2130 movement.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Raconteur Watches - Verne & Earhart mechanical collection

Post by MoT »

:shock:

"Dear Santa,

I have been a very good boy this year. I started a watch bargain hunting and sharing site that is becoming kind of popular and has made a lot of people very happy. For Christmas, I would like a watch just like the one in the picture I've included, except I would like it to have the emerald green suede strap.

I'll be sure to leave an extra-large plate of cookies, a tall glass of delicious whole milk and a snifter of brandy out for you, and a whole lot of carrots for Rudolph and the boys.

Your friend in time,

MoT"
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Raconteur Watches - Verne & Earhart mechanical collection

Post by Boourns »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:34 am :shock:

"Dear Santa,

I have been a very good boy this year. I started a watch bargain hunting and sharing site that is becoming kind of popular and has made a lot of people very happy...

Santa knows you started it last year -- you just got put on the naughty list. :lol:
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Boourns wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:34 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:34 am :shock:

"Dear Santa,

I have been a very good boy this year. I started a watch bargain hunting and sharing site that is becoming kind of popular and has made a lot of people very happy...

Santa knows you started it last year -- you just got put on the naughty list. :lol:

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
bigdudeindenim
Has thanked: 0

Post by bigdudeindenim »

I just backed this. Looks almost as nice as the Hamilton Intra Matic Panda, but at a fraction of the cost. Don't get me wrong. The Hammy is amazing, but this is a lot of watch for the money!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Raconteur Watches - Verne & Earhart mechanical collection

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was:

SUCCESSFUL

154 backers pledged SEK 601,184 to help bring this project to life.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find