We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: SecondHour - Gin Clear Diver

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: SecondHour - Gin Clear Diver

Post by whoagorgeous »

Just watched Random Robs video on this microbrand. Somewhere in the video, he mentioned it was $385 USD for the first 80 backers.
Specs looks great for the price.
And that seconds hand is a looker imo.

https://www.secondhour.com.au/

The Gin Clear Diver
from Second Hour Watches

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Kickstarter: SecondHour

Post by watchpalooza »

Looks good...seems to take a number of queues from Spinnaker..almost looks like a Spinnaker Cahill in a Huntley case with a different hand set.

Cahill:
F312050A-FFDA-41B4-8CAA-E0EEA666751F.jpeg

Huntley:
35927401-5519-46E3-907E-F8694847E033.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Kickstarter: SecondHour

Post by watchpalooza »

I should add that from the video the quality and commitment to making this a world class timepiece both seem very high. The maker seems to be sweating all the right details and the prototype ticks a lot of marks, both big ticket and nuance details. They also appear to offer other colorways as well as matte dials. Excited to see what they come out with. Like Spinnaker and Traska had a baby.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: SecondHour - Gin Clear Diver **Launching late March**

Post by TheJohnP »

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention [mention]whoagorgeous[/mention]. Good find!
Hope you don't mind, but tweaked your title to follow the conventions we've been using.

Great specs for what they'll be pricing this for:
- Sellita SW200 automatic movement.
- Dials are precision molded with all details (logo, name, specs) expertly embossed, along with both textured sand and flat matte surfaces.
- 316L stainless steel case.
- Matte finish black ceramic bezel.
- 3.5mm thick domed sapphire crystal with 5 layers of anti-reflective coating inside.
- Embossed caseback with the turtle design.
- 316L stainless steel bracelet with solid end links, solid screw links, and fully milled clasp components.
- Custom designed counterweight second hand.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: SecondHour - Gin Clear Diver **Launching late March**

Post by TheJohnP »

More specs and the variants:

Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

The case shape looks very Glycine Combat Sub-ish, and that's not a bad thing.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

I've never joined any ks/indiegogo/etc, but I'm heavily considering the Black Sand. (pre-order pricing is tempting)

According to some other reviews, they (SecondHour) may change the dome sapphire crystal to a flat sapphire crystal.
In addition, to mute down the shinny Bezel a bit.

@ManOnTime maybe reach out to them and ask for a review unit. Go go.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Update:

IN THIS EDITION:
Covid-19 update & Kickstarter campaign link. Plus the campaign launch date & time for your area.

Hello supporters of Second Hour Watches. First of all, we’d like to recognise the challenging times in which we’re living and thank all of you for your support and continued interest in the Gin Clear Diver. We trust all of you and your families are keeping well. After carefully assessing the situation, including our manufacturing partners, Second Hour Watches can confirm we are pushing ahead with the launch as planned.
Since we last spoke the Gin Clear Diver has had more reviews done, including excellent pieces from Dave at Just the Watch and Tim from Caseback Watches. These reviews further confirm the reputation for quality, beautiful design and incredible value with which you’re all familiar.
All our reviews can be found compiled on our website at: www.https://www.secondhour.com.au/thepress
Now to the Kickstarter launch!
We’ve been building our Kickstarter campaign and it has been quickly approved by the KS administrators. The link to the Kickstarter campaign page for the Gin Clear Diver is (full campaign revealed on launch date):

Gin Clear Diver

OR copy and paste this link to your browser:

From this page you can set a reminder to be notified on launch, which will be as follows:

Tuesday March 31st at:

5am Pacific Time, United States
8am Eastern Time, United States (eg New York City)
1pm London, United Kingdom
2pm Paris, France
4pm Dubai, UAE
8pm Singapore
11pm Melbourne, Australia

Set your reminders, because the Gin Clear is coming! We have negotiated a reduced minimum order quantity for our cases allowing us to have greater certainty of meeting our target, so we’re getting these watches made and delivered to you no matter what!
We have been monitoring our supply chains and can confirm these remain robust and ready to action our order.

Reward Tiers
Each Gin Clear Diver comes with the following standard inclusions:

1 x Leather two watch travel case. A zip up hard case that will keep your watches safe when you roam

1 x Bracelet sizing tool

1 x Spring bar removal tool, for swapping straps

1 x Watch cleaning cloth

1 x Warranty Card - a two (2) year international warranty covering defects in parts and labour

The first 80 backers will be able to secure the Gin Clear Diver at a massive, one-time discount of $385 USD including a free leather watch strap from our official leather strap partner, Cervos.
The second 85 backers will be able to back the Gin Clear Diver at $399 with all standard inclusions.
The next reward tier is still a massively discounted $425 USD with all standard inclusions. An absolute steal for the specifications and build quality.
Multi-watch pack rewards also available!!
Leather Straps
Leather watch straps in both 22mm (Gin Clear Diver size) and 20mm for any other watches needing a quality strap will be available to add onto your campaign pledge at outrageously low prices.
See pictures below.
New Bezel Colour!
We have also added an additional ceramic bezel colour: matt green. This colour option will be available from day 1 of the campaign and combines with the Black Sand dial beautifully - see pictures below. Note: only available with the Black Sand dial.
OK, that’s all for now. Should anyone have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us, and don’t forget to set your alarms for March 31st. We cannot wait to see you there.
Thanks for your time
Peter Sargison
Second Hour Watches

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: SecondHour - Gin Clear Diver

Post by TheJohnP »

This Kickstarter campaign is now LIVE!

Super Early Bird pricing was around $396 (SOLD OUT!)
Early Bird pricing is around $408
Kickstarter pricing is around $436

Estimated delivery is September 2020

CHANGES FOR THE PRODUCTION VERSION:

Since producing the prototypes and sending them around the world for review we have received and absorbed extensive feedback. Second Hour Watches have listened and are happy to announce the following changes for our production models:

- THE CERAMIC BEZEL INSERT SURFACE WILL BE LIGHTLY BRUSHED TO REDUCE REFLECTIONS – LEGIBILITY IS PARAMOUNT
- THE APPLICATION OF BGW9 SUPERLUMINOVA TO THE CERAMIC BEZEL INSERT, ALTHOUGH STRONG, WILL BE INCREASED TO MATCH THE DIAL AND HANDS
- HEAD LINK INTEGRATION IS TO BE IMPROVED SO AS TO PROVIDE A MORE SEAMLESS BRACELET TO WATCH HEAD INTEGRATION
- THE EMBOSSED CASE BACK WILL REMAIN WITH THE SAND BLASTED FINISH (THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!)
- STRETCH GOALS: GREEN, RED AND BLUE ENAMEL SUNRAY DIALS AS STRETCH GOALS, AS WELL AS DATE VERSIONS OF THE FOUR BASE DIAL COLOURS -
- ALL DIALS WILL BE PRODUCED AS NO DATE, WITH A DATE OPTION (ON ORIGINAL DIAL COLOURS ONLY) AVAILABLE IF WE EXCEED FUNDING TARGET BY A SIGNIFICANT MARGIN – THIS IS DUE TO THE HIGH COST OF DIAL PRODUCTION
- WE’LL BE EXTENDING THE CROWN BY A SMALL AMOUNT FOR IMPROVED ABILITY TO GRIP AND ACTUATE
- LUGS HAVE BEEN REDESIGNED TO HAVE A POLISHED BEVELLED EDGE THAT ADDS A DRESSIER EDGE TO THE WATCH (PICTURES BELOW)
- OUR LOGO HAS BEEN REDESIGNED, REMOVING THE LINE BENEATH SECOND HOUR ALONG WITH A CHANGE OF FONT WHICH GREATLY IMPROVES THE DIAL PRESENTATION
- DIAL TEXT HAS BEEN IMPROVED: CAPITALISING THE WORDS GIN CLEAR AND REMOVING THE WORD DIVER, GIVING A MUCH CLEANER, BALANCED LOOK
- WE’RE ADDING AN ADDITIONAL LAYER OF ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATING TO THE SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL (BECAUSE WHY NOT) - NOW 6 LAYERS!!

Please note that the original plan to include drilled lugs had to be abandoned as the hole opening on the outside of the lugs cut into the bottom of the polished bevelled edge. We apologise for this, but maintaining the integrity of the case aesthetic was deemed a priority. The bracelet will still be readily changeable via the recessed opening on the underside of the head link allowing for easy entry of common spring bar removal tools. We'll make a modified head link with drilled lugs for our MkII pending demand.
Click Icon To Contact Me

DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

Personally wanted to fund it but the date at 3 made absolutely no sense vs. a 6-position.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Nsjong wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:39 pm Personally wanted to fund it but the date at 3 made absolutely no sense vs. a 6-position.
This probably won't sway you either way, but looks like most of these will be no-date.
From the changes to production version notes:

ALL DIALS WILL BE PRODUCED AS NO DATE, WITH A DATE OPTION (ON ORIGINAL DIAL COLOURS ONLY) AVAILABLE IF WE EXCEED FUNDING TARGET BY A SIGNIFICANT MARGIN – THIS IS DUE TO THE HIGH COST OF DIAL PRODUCTION
Click Icon To Contact Me

DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

TheJohnP wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:59 pm
Nsjong wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:39 pm Personally wanted to fund it but the date at 3 made absolutely no sense vs. a 6-position.
This probably won't sway you either way, but looks like most of these will be no-date.
From the changes to production version notes:

ALL DIALS WILL BE PRODUCED AS NO DATE, WITH A DATE OPTION (ON ORIGINAL DIAL COLOURS ONLY) AVAILABLE IF WE EXCEED FUNDING TARGET BY A SIGNIFICANT MARGIN – THIS IS DUE TO THE HIGH COST OF DIAL PRODUCTION
Yeah, also having "gin clear diver" on the dial just kills it for me.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: SecondHour - Gin Clear Diver

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was:

SUCCESSFUL

235 backers pledged AU$ 170,010 to help bring this project to life.
Click Icon To Contact Me

diecycling

Post by diecycling »

Spec'd one with a red enamel dial and green ceramic bezel. I'm calling it the "Xmas Diver." Excited to see how much I love it or hate it. :lol:
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: SecondHour - Gin Clear Diver

Post by TheJohnP »

For anyone still interested in pre-order pricing on the Gin Clear, this campaign has moved over to Indiegogo

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the- ... ve-watch#/

Indiegogo price is $454
Click Icon To Contact Me