SUCCESSFUL : Brand Direct: Spectre Time - Frostbite 200M Dive Watch - RELAUNCH

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER : Brand Direct: Spectre Time - Frostbite 200M Dive Watch - RELAUNCH

Post by tommy_boy »

pdsf wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 am Is it just me or is "frostbite" an odd name for a watch (I am sensing an odd name watch thread)? Is there like a cooler meaning to it that I don't know about?

Also, perhaps it would have been better to pick a bigger wrist to show better fit.

*complain mode off*
I agree about the model name (nothing in urban dictionary changes this), and also have issues with the brand name. Both have negative connotations.

The watch design is, to my eyes, a mess anyway: It wants to be a diver but also look cool in the club? Got me. Hard pass on this one.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
pdsf
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER : Brand Direct: Spectre Time - Frostbite 200M Dive Watch - RELAUNCH

Post by pdsf »

tommy_boy wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:15 am
pdsf wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 am Is it just me or is "frostbite" an odd name for a watch (I am sensing an odd name watch thread)? Is there like a cooler meaning to it that I don't know about?

Also, perhaps it would have been better to pick a bigger wrist to show better fit.

*complain mode off*
I agree about the model name (nothing in urban dictionary changes this), and also have issues with the brand name. Both have negative connotations.

The watch design is, to my eyes, a mess anyway: It wants to be a diver but also look cool in the club? Got me. Hard pass on this one.
Good idea re urban dictionary - thanks for checking. Maybe they have run out of aquatic animals and ocean-related things to call a dive watch. I recently joked with a friend that if ever I have a watch company and release a dive watch, I'd call it Loveland.

On a related note, found this old thread over at WUS: https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/what ... er.237068/

Some are funny, some a bit dodgy (making fun of people's name is big no no for me). This literally made me almost spit out my breakfast:

"Kadloo - sounds like a toilet for persons of bad character"
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Preorder is still live, but green colorway is now sold out.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Brand Direct: Spectre Time - Frostbite 200M Dive Watch - RELAUNCH

Post by TheJohnP »

Looks like preorder phase is over.
Regular price has also looked to have dropped.
Green and copper colorways are SOLD OUT.
Very little stock left on the other colors.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find