As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Angles Watches - The Measurement mechanical floating hour watch

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Angles Watches - The Measurement mechanical floating hour watch

Post by TheJohnP »

Angles | Time Measurement Instrument is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.
Project has passed review and back up and open to preorders!

This is the first Kickstarter from Angles Watches out of Hong Kong.
Also already fully funded.

*NOTE* - I personally think there shouldn't be any issues (or I wouldn't post about it), but this one still makes me a little cautious for some reason.

Kickstarter pricing is about $398
Regular price will be about $800

Estimated delivery is August 2020

This may be one of the more reasonably priced floating hour watches I've seen.
And with a base movement of ETA 6498-1, can't go wrong there either.

Specs:

Case
- 316L stainless steel with black DLC
- Diameter 44mm, height 14.5mm
- Top hat sapphire crystal
- Exhibition caseback
- Push-pull crown
- Water resistance 10 ATM/ 100m / 320ft

Movement
- SWISS MADE ETA 6498-1 with customised module
- 17 jewels
- 18,000 beats per hour
- Accurate to +/-10 seconds a day
- Power reserve 42 hrs

Dial
- Multi-layer 'sandwich' construction
- Luminous markers & hand

Strap​
- Premium leather strap, tan, 125/75mm
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
qrocks
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Angles Watches - The Measurement mechanical floating hour watch

Post by qrocks »

interesting design!
Make time to take time.
aeroman5
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Angles Watches - The Measurement mechanical floating hour watch

Post by aeroman5 »

It's frustrating me that the hour changes when it's at the bottom of the dial. I wonder what it would be like if it was reversed. An interesting design and limited it to 100 (was originally 25) but I'm already committed to 2 KS watches and 52mm is on the big size for me.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200423-213644.jpg
Screenshot_20200423-213636.jpg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

PROJECT IS ON HOLD!

Angles | Time Measurement Instrument is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.

Angles | Time Measurement Tool [Submitted by Gruppo Gamma Pte Ltd]
Date: 2020-05-01T11:02:19.000-04:00

Sender
[Private]
Gruppo Gamma Pte Ltd
7 Casuarina Road
Singapore, Singapore 579396
SG

Sent via online form

Recipient
Kickstarter, PBC
58 Kent Street
Brooklyn, NY 11222
USA

Re: Angles | Time Measurement Tool

Description of copyrighted material: Product design concept and technical specifications of wristwatch modelled after vintage dive gauges.

Description of infringing material: Infringing material copied the design concept and technical specifications of our product, and also plagiarised the content published on our company's website describing the product.
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

From cursory investigation, appears the campaign was reported by Gruppo Gamma for looking too close to their Nexus watch - https://www.gruppogammawatches.com/nexus.html
Also, there was a report that Angles plagiarized GG's marketing language and photographs to promote Angles' Kickstarter campaign.

Angles did confirm that the single arm wandering hour module does not infringe any brand's intellectual property rights.

I believe they have made changes to their campaign language and photography.

a commentary update from Angles:

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to all our wonderful Backers! So many of you reached out to us during this time Kickstarter took to review our campaign. Waiting was frustrating for us, but we got tons of messages to not give up! The Measurement Instrument is exceptionally beautiful, and now we know that our Backers enthusiastically agree with us!

We are super excited to get our Kickstarter-exclusive all-black Measurement out to you with the SAME delivery date of this August.

All who backed this campaign on or before June 1, 2020 will receive upgraded straps made out of vegetable-tanned Horween leather as a very special thank you for your faith in us! Our leather order with Horween already has been placed. Horween estimates a July delivery to us in Hong Kong. As long as that delivery remains as scheduled, we will have no problem completing the strap upgrades while still keeping to the same timeline for final delivery to you.

We are new to Kickstarter and to bringing our watchmaking directly to retail. But we are NOT new to the watch industry. We know The Measurement - a wandering hour complication built on an upgraded Swiss movement- can and will retail for a lot more. We will never offer this watch at such a steep discount again! Yes, our discount is in part because we are introducing ourselves - we want your backing which includes your feedback. Positive or negative, we appreciate your comments as long as your advice is supportive! We also want you to know we didn’t accidentally pick our price-point: our position and direct experience in the watch industry creates savings not possible if we were just watch fans subcontracting out all work like many new micro-brands do. That’s not us!

We’ve not been idle during this interim. Watch production continued, and our cases will finish next week. We will post our first update next week with photos of production progress. Everything looks...INCREDIBLE!

Additional updates will keep you in the loop on production, delivery, posted YouTube reviews, when our store opens for direct online sales, and about our other versions of The Measurement. Again, rest assured that the current black-out edition will never be for sale after the end of this Kickstarter campaign: pledge for one now if you haven’t already! Only 100 will be made!

Our vision for Angles Watches is to offer truly beautiful watches with unique mechanisms and built with an attention to detail and quality typically found only at luxury prices. The Measurement Instrument is just the beginning! We are honored to have your support!

-the Angles Watches team
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Angles Watches - The Measurement mechanical floating hour watch

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was:

SUCCESSFUL

84 backers pledged HK$ 274,549 to help bring this project to life.
Click Icon To Contact Me