SUCCESSFUL : Brand Direct: Ball Watch - Roadmaster TMT

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Brand Direct: Ball Watch - Roadmaster TMT

Post by TheJohnP »

Ball Watch has opened preorders for an online exclusive, the Roadmaster TMT, which is limited to 1,000 pieces each.
Now available for preorder until 3 June 2020 at an exclusive price of $1,999.

https://shop.ballwatch.ch/en/roadmastertmt

Read more about the Roadmaster TMT here - https://shop.ballwatch.ch/en/rmtmt

The new Roadmaster TMT handles extreme conditions and measures every climate with a patented mechanical thermometer – from the scorching heat to the frigid cold. Engineered for precision, the ingeniously modified movement utilizes a special oil that ensures flawless operation even in –40°C (-40°F) temperatures, while micro gas tubes shine on the dial and on the aluminum bezel inset.

At BALL Watch, we pride ourselves with our pioneering spirit and the patented mechanical thermometer module is the testimony to that. With the understanding of the bi-metallic material’s expansion rate, the bi-metallic spring can be calibrated to produce a predictable deflection at a preset temperature. Thus, allowing our TMT module to measure ambient temperature between -31°F and 113°F, or -35°C and 45°C, with 99% accuracy. For the Roadmaster TMT, the Celsius scale is available in the 40mm case while the 43mm case comes with the Fahrenheit scale.

Preorder pricing is $1,999
Regular price will be $2,349

Estimated delivery is between August and September 2020

If you missed it above, the 40mm size will use a Celsius scale. The 43mm will use the Fahrenheit scale.

SPECS (DIFFERENT):

SIZE (CASE)
- 40mm

HEIGHT
- 13mm

LUG WIDTH
- 20mm

LUG TO LUG
- 47mm

SIZE (CASE)
- 43mm

HEIGHT
- 13.5mm

LUG WIDTH
- 21mm

LUG TO LUG
- 51mm

SPECS (SHARED):

LIMITED EDITION

WEIGHT
- Approx. 190g

MOVEMENT
- Automatic caliber BALL RR1601
- Special movement oil to endure -40°C / -40°F

WATER RESISTANCE
- 200m/660ft

ANTI-MAGNETISM
- 4,800A/m

MICRO GAS TUBES
- 28 micro gas tubes on bezel, hour, minute and second hands and dial for night reading capability

FUNCTIONS
- Patented mechanical thermometric indication (range: from -35°C to 45°C)
- Hours, minutes, sweep seconds and date
- 5,000Gs shock resistance

CASE MATERIAL
- Stainless steel
- Unidirectional rotating aluminum bezel with gas tube inset
- Sapphire crystal transparent case back

BRACELET
- Stainless steel bracelet with folding buckle

CROWN
- Screwed-in crown

CRYSTAL
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal

DIAL COLOR
- Black or Blue
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Brand Direct: Ball Watch - Roadmaster TMT

Post by PetWatch »

Not a Ball's fan but I sort of like this one. The odd date window placement actually works, but what's the deal with the F temp gauge scale in 9 degree increments. It's barely readable, disappointing given the claimed accuracy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

diecycling

Post by diecycling »

PetWatch wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:24 pm Not a Ball's fan but I sort of like this one. The odd date window placement actually works, but what's the deal with the F temp gauge scale in 9 degree increments. It's barely readable, disappointing given the claimed accuracy.
You're right, the °F dial is ugly. I'd opt for the Celsius version. Maybe this watch is the tipping point that convinces us to abandon our antiquated system of measurement. :D
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

diecycling wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:00 pm
PetWatch wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:24 pm Not a Ball's fan but I sort of like this one. The odd date window placement actually works, but what's the deal with the F temp gauge scale in 9 degree increments. It's barely readable, disappointing given the claimed accuracy.
You're right, the °F dial is ugly. I'd opt for the Celsius version. Maybe this watch is the tipping point that convinces us to abandon our antiquated system of measurement. :D
I just find it weird that it's in Fahrenheit but it's Swiss Made. I know the American history but also a chunk of their ambassadors are not American...

I smell the illuminati at work. :twisted: