PREORDER: Brand Direct: Ball Watch - Engineer III Marvelight Chronometer & special Caring Edition

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

PREORDER: Brand Direct: Ball Watch - Engineer III Marvelight Chronometer & special Caring Edition

Post by TheJohnP »

Latest preorder from Ball for their Engineer III Marvelight COSC Chronometer.
Available until July 31st for the preorder price of $1,899.

https://shop.ballwatch.ch/en/eiiimarvelight

Read more aobut the Marvelight Chronometer here - https://shop.ballwatch.ch/en/marvelight

Preorder price is $1,849
Regular pricing will be $2,249

Orders will ship between November 2020 and December 2020

Available in a 40mm or 43mm sizes

In addition, Ball Watch is ready to support The Salvation Army and its mission to provide resources to those in need amid the Covid-19 outbreak with a special Caring Edition of the Engineer III Marvelight. CHF 300 of the proceeds from the special Caring Edition, featuring rainbow micro gas tubes, will go to the Salvation Army’s social assistance programs, as it provides food and medical supplies, aid in health education, and much-needed moments of joy.

Marvelight pics:

Specs:

LIMITED EDITION

MOVEMENT
- Automatic caliber BALL RR1103-C
- Chronometer certified COSC

SIZE
- 40mm or 43mm

HEIGHT
- 13.6mm

CASE MATERIAL
- Stainless steel

CROWN
- Screwed-in crown

CRYSTAL
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal

DIAL COLOR
- Black, Blue, or Silver

MICRO GAS TUBES
- 27 micro gas tubes on hour, minute and second hands and dial for night reading capability

BRACELET
- Stainless steel bracelet with folding buckle

LUG WIDTH
- 20mm or 21mm

WEIGHT
- Approx. 180g

WATER RESISTANCE
- 100m/330ft

ANTI-MAGNETISM
- 80,000A/m

FUNCTIONS
- Hours, minutes, sweep seconds and magnified date
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Brand Direct: Ball Watch - Engineer III Marvelight Chronometer & special Caring Edition

Post by Split-Time »

Wow, the blue 40mm really has my attention.

Help me understand what may happen with the pricing. $1,900 preorder / $2,250 regular price. The little bit that I pay attention, isn't there normally a MSRP then the see the watches below that? I also don't have a clue about production numbers. Ball says 1,000 each, so that becomes 7,000 on the market. Is that enough that they may end up offering them below the $1,900 if they don't sell....or is that bad business?
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Brand Direct: Ball Watch - Engineer III Marvelight Chronometer & special Caring Edition

Post by TheJohnP »

Split-Time wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:48 pm Wow, the blue 40mm really has my attention.

Help me understand what may happen with the pricing. $1,900 preorder / $2,250 regular price. The little bit that I pay attention, isn't there normally a MSRP then the see the watches below that? I also don't have a clue about production numbers. Ball says 1,000 each, so that becomes 7,000 on the market. Is that enough that they may end up offering them below the $1,900 if they don't sell....or is that bad business?
I read it as the full MSRP is $2,250.
And if you order early, you save roughly $350.

So once these hit the AD retail market, then price will fluctuate and discounts can be found.
But if you're the kind of person who wants to be the first to own it before anyone else, at least you're saving a little bit with the preorder pricing.
Click Icon To Contact Me

baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

Ouch, that date window and cyclops are an eyesore (and I don't usually mind them).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Ball has announced that the Caring Edition of the Marvelight is now also available in a 43mm case, as well as the original 40mm version.

Shining in green, white, yellow, blue, orange and pink, the gas tubes on the Caring edition shine like no other timepiece. While the gas tubes on the hour makers are set on top of the dial, the minute track gas tubes are positioned below the dial for a clean, yet still ultra-bright design. Revealed in darkness, the rainbow shine is simultaneously an impressive light show and a guiding light forward.

Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

These models are all still available to preorder, but pricing has increased to $2,199.
Click Icon To Contact Me