SUCCESSFUL Brand Direct: Hamtun H2

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: Preorder: Hamtun H2

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

TheJohnP wrote:The legibility on that meteorite dial render looks pretty bad.
Yeah I'm assuming he will put the black borders for the hands and indices on it like the white dial
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Perdendosi
MoT Member

Post by Perdendosi »

Oh hell yeah.
Meteorite and titanium? Setting my calendar reminder for sure.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
Current collection:

Baume & Mercier Capeland Chrono | Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT | Oris Artix Date | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Hamtun H2 Meteroite | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Nth Nacken Renegade | Direnzo DRZ-03 "Blood Moon" | Citizen Grand Classic | Nodus Sector Field | Seiko SSA409 "Honeycomb" Star Bar **** Time | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Great White Turtle | Manchester Watch Works (RIP) Equinox All-Lume Dial | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" | Casio AE1400WH-2AV
Whoa

Post by Whoa »

I really think I'm liking the white more and more! Interesting with the coating.. How it will hold up!

Sendt fra min SM-G960F med Tapatalk

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

So the H2 launches on Tuesday. Anyone here thinking of pre-ordering?

Reviews of the prototypes are out too:

Personally, I was thinking of going for a white one. But I made the unexpected purchase of a Sinn 556 this week and now I really have to think hard if I need another watch... Thoughts anyone?
househalfman
MoT Member

Post by househalfman »

I might back the blue dial if they make it. Is it a stretch goal or just another option available on launch?

If I do back it I'm definitely going for the cheaper nh35. Don't see much benefit paying more for the sellita if it's using the same thick case.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

househalfman wrote:I might back the blue dial if they make it. Is it a stretch goal or just another option available on launch?

If I do back it I'm definitely going for the cheaper nh35. Don't see much benefit paying more for the sellita if it's using the same thick case.
The blue should be available instantly. And I agree if I buy one it's the nh35. Just not sure if I should lol. I already have my Mido Ocean star as a titanium diver
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

I’m very likely in for one, since I can’t buy that very well-priced promaster tough on bracelet.

Are the SWW200 movements that much thinner than the seiko ones? I very much prefer the 28,800bph sweep of the second hand although £100 is quite a bit of cash.

The blue dial+bezel is one of the 3 models available at launch and a prototype is being made as we speak.

However, if the meteorite dial becomes a reality, I am definitely going for it since I don’t own a watch with one.
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

Plus, if stretch goals are met, then a custom titanium bracelet with a ratcheting clasp will also be made.

Along with the likely titanium bezels.

And to make it tougher to choose your watch, other colour options will also likely be available.

Decisions, decisions....
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Holy crap. I can't believe how many people funded this watch. I am pissed because I waited refreshing constantly and still missed the £199 pledge. Ended up pledging the £219 so I'll decide if I want to cancel or not
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Holy crap. I can't believe how many people funded this watch. I am pissed because I waited refreshing constantly and still missed the £199 pledge. Ended up pledging the £219 so I'll decide if I want to cancel or not
It was essentially funded in 2-3s. Must have been a record.

And all the stretch goals are already smashed in like T+15minutes!
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

quincas wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Holy crap. I can't believe how many people funded this watch. I am pissed because I waited refreshing constantly and still missed the £199 pledge. Ended up pledging the £219 so I'll decide if I want to cancel or not
It was essentially funded in 2-3s. Must have been a record.

And all the stretch goals are already smashed in like T+15minutes!
Yeah it's actually freaking insane. I had no idea this many people were watching it. I've been following on the Facebook page since November and there were only ever 30 of us commenting on the designs and stretch goals
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

If they make the ratcheting clasp a reality and at no added costs, 219 is still a good price, I guess.
Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

I tried hitting it dead on the start time, but got bumped back with the load and ended up #93. So £219. Still a great price for the specs, and I think the White dial version looks super nice.
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

I agree. I like both the blue and white. Although if the meteorite version comes along, i will very likely defray and get that.
househalfman
MoT Member

Post by househalfman »

I set an alarm at 9:30 pacific to make sure I get in on the super early bird...except I set it as PM, not AM [emoji23] By the time I got the email around 9:35am they were all gone but 1 spot left on the next tier. I hesitated for literally 5 seconds and that was gone too. 3rd tier pricings still good but knowing I could've been on the 1st tier, not the 3rd, had I not been so stupid with the alarm, it became an obvious pass for me. Oh well. Congrats to those who got in!