SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Angles Watches - Three Kings Wandering Hour Collection

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Angles Watches - Three Kings Wandering Hour Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

Angles Watches out of Hong Kong have launched their second Kickstarter for the Three Kings wandering hour automatic collection.
This campaign is already fully funded, as was their previous one.

Special 48 Hour Super Early Bird pricing is around $395
Kickstarter pricing is around $449
Regular price will be about $760

Estimated delivery is June 2021

The Three Kings stand arm in arm turning their wheels of time. Bound in unison, central in purpose, each King spins his wheel of 4 hours to prepare: the running of the featured hour past the minute scale. Now on your wrist - in one or more of the 6 dial colors for you to choose from.

Ancient symbolism of shared efforts in perpetual service brought us to aptly name our watch the Three Kings. Bearing gifts as wise men or as the oldest hotel of Europe in continuous service (“Drei Konig” in Switzerland), there is a certainty of mission in peace if not perfection when invoking “Three Kings.” The Angles Three Kings. A luxury watch with three clear sapphire mini-dials accurately presenting time.

The Three Kings is our latest creation to live up to these ambitions: triple rotating hour minidials are in-house designed and constructed as a wandering hours module while using a Miyota 90S5 as the base movement. Only the right-most hours dial presents the current time with a tip pointing to the minutes. As that dial spins clockwise past the minute scale, the dial behind it will cue up the correct number for the next hour. These constantly rotating hours dials are surprisingly easy to read yet will captivate those who have never seen such a watch.

The Three Kings comes in six colorways - Crimson, Emerald, Night Sky, Atlantic, Pecan, and Midnight

Specs:

Case
- 316L stainless steel
- 41mm Width, 11mm Height
- Top double-dome sapphire crystal with antireflective coating
- Exhibition sapphire crystal caseback
- Push-pull crown
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM (50m)

Miyota 9039 Movement
- Wandering hours complication
- 24 jewels
- 28,800 beats per hour
- Accurate to +/-10 seconds a day
- Power reserve 36 hours

Dial
- The sun dial and sapphire discs with Grade A Swiss Super-LumiNova® BGW9 pigment that is white in daylight and, when properly charged, glows blue-green in the dark. We apply 10 layers(Thickness 0.18mm) of BGW9 for extra night-time brightness.

Strap
- 20-20mm Italian leather with solid 316L stainless-steel buckle. A second Italian leather strap is also included so you will receive straps in each color.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Angles Watches - Three Kings Wandering Hour Collection **Special 48 Hour Pricing Through 12/1

Post by PetWatch »

I like the complication, but I think reading the time would be a little too complicated for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

qrocks
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Angles Watches - Three Kings Wandering Hour Collection **Special 48 Hour Pricing Through 12/1

Post by qrocks »

this is very nice. watching the time video was cool once i figured out how the time works.
Make time to take time.
sobwanhoser
MoT Member

Post by sobwanhoser »

I love unique watches - and the red and green look incredible...but maybe too unique?
The "5" appears to be upside down in the video or am I missing something ??? :oops:
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

sobwanhoser wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:37 pm I love unique watches - and the red and green look incredible...but maybe too unique?
The "5" appears to be upside down in the video or am I missing something ??? :oops:

Good eye!

Hopefully someone at Angles QC catches that before the production run.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

Post by Conchita Turtle »

Poor man's Xeric Vendetta. And Xeric was poor man's Urwerk.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Angles Watches - Three Kings Wandering Hour Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was

SUCCESSFUL

320 backers pledged HK$ 1,335,624 to help bring this project to life.
Click Icon To Contact Me