We're Moving!

Click for more info.

CANCELED : Kickstarter: Forzo Watches - Carl "Foggy" Fogarty 123mph Collection

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

CANCELED : Kickstarter: Forzo Watches - Carl "Foggy" Fogarty 123mph Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

Forzo Watches, a Geckota/WatchGecko company, have launched a Kickstarter for their latest collection a collaboration with legendary motorcyclist Carl "Foggy" Fogarty.

Super Early Bird pricing for the chronograph is around $618
Early Bird pricing is around $653
Regular pricing is about $687

Super Early Bird pricing for the automatic is around $865
Early Bird pricing is around $913
Regular pricing is about $961

Estimated delivery for Super Early Bird and Early Bird tiers is August 2021.
Estimated delivery for Regular pricing is November 2021.

Where speed meets time in a remarkable tribute. We’re proud to introduce the very first collaboration between FORZO and motorbike legend Carl Fogarty, known all over the world just as ‘Foggy’. This unique and eye-catching range of watches was created to celebrate Foggy’s lap record speed of 123mph around the iconic Isle of Man circuit: the ultimate test of precision and bravery.

We’ve worked closely with Foggy from start to finish to capture every element of his personality within a series of watch designs. But the only way to get hold of the limited-edition ‘123mph’ examples, with a special gift from Carl, is to pre-order now on Kickstarter - as this range of watches is strictly limited to this Kickstarter project! There will be no future Carl Fogarty ‘123mph’ FORZO watches, so this is an exciting investment opportunity for both Foggy fans and watch collectors.

Options between a chronograph, powered by a Seiko VK67 (3 subdials) or Seiko VK64 (2 subdials) and an automatic three hand, powered by a Miyota 9015. Choice of two colorways for each version.

Specs:

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Forzo Watches - Carl "Foggy" Fogarty 123mph Collection

Post by MoT »

These look great, but those prices? Sheesh.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Forzo Watches - Carl "Foggy" Fogarty 123mph Collection

Post by Boourns »

It's close, but I think >$600 for a VK mechaquartz is slightly more outrageous than >$850 for a 9015. Both are a bit more than double what you can get a very well made micro or micro+ brand for.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Ncaffrey_watch
MoT Member

Post by Ncaffrey_watch »

Ridiculously overpriced for both movements. Super aggressive goal of $168,850 good chance it’ll get funded bc it’s backed by geckota.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

This hasn't been canceled yet, but only a matter of time.

Here's the link to the Forzo site, but still showing as "coming soon" - https://www.forzowatches.com/collection ... ty-123-mph

Here's the latest update on Kickstarter:

A Project Update | Thanks To All The Backers So Far!
Geckota Limited
April 12, 2021
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, we’ve decided to change direction and offer the Carl Fogarty ‘123mph’ watch directly for sale on our website – www.forzowatches.com – rather than on Kickstarter.

We’ve listened to all the feedback and it turns out that most people interested in this watch would rather buy directly from our website once the watches are available rather than pre-order on Kickstarter for delivery in August. Also, the red chronograph is a clear winner, so that’s the model we’re going to be concentrating on first!

Apologies if you’ve already got behind this project, but rest assured that you’ll still be able to purchase a Foggy watch later in the year – and get your watch delivered just days later, depending on where you live.

If anyone has got any questions or you’ve already pledged to back the watch, just drop us a line via the website: we’ll get right back to you. Kickstarter clearly isn’t for everybody, but we’re now looking forward to selling these stunning watches in a slightly more conventional way!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find