We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL: Kickstarter: Ventus Watches - Northstar 300M Heritage Diver

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL: Kickstarter: Ventus Watches - Northstar 300M Heritage Diver

Post by TheJohnP »

Thanks to WUS, got a preview link to a Kickstarter that will launch on Mon 3/11 at 10am.

The Ventus Watches Northstar 300M Heritage Diver
Preview link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/39 ... adGMCBgp9U

[img][/img]

Not sure how many slots will be available, but Super Early Bird pricing will be $199
Early Bird pricing is $220
Regular price will be around $330

Here are the various colorways
[img][/img]

Specifications
- Case: 316L SS or Brass
- Water Resistance: 300m
- Dimensions: 40mm Diameter, 45mm Lug to Lug, 13mm Thick
- Lug Width: 20mm
- Movement: Seiko NH35 Automatic
- Crystal: Double Domed Sapphire with inner AR coating
- Lume: Swiss Superluminova C3
- Bezel Insert: Ceramic for certain models
Last edited by TheJohnP on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Sampson
MoT Member

Re: Preorder: Kickstarter: Ventus Watches - Northstar 300M Heritage Diver *Kickstarter launches on Mon 3/11 @ 10am!*

Post by Sampson »

Not bad. I have a ventus mori from KS project and have been pleased with it.
norsairius
MoT Member

Re: Preorder: Kickstarter: Ventus Watches - Northstar 300M Heritage Diver *Kickstarter launches on Mon 3/11 @ 10am!*

Post by norsairius »

Just in case it makes a difference for anyone, Ventus was co-founded by Elshan Tang and Shane (not sure what his last name is) and they've had a number of successful launches. Elshan otherwise has a brand he's launched on his own, Zelos, which has been very successful (I also happen to have a Zelos on its way to me).

I haven't worked with Shane, but I've emailed Elshan a couple times and he's very responsive and nice in his emails. I definitely see myself buying more watches from Zelos/Ventus.
JakeJD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JakeJD »

I saw the blue one at the microbrand meet up in DC late last year and was really impressed considering the price. Bonkers value.
Slant
MoT Member

Post by Slant »

Here's a review video that was just put out in the last day or so:

ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

Just placed my pre-order for two (one for me, one for my brother). About $178 each. Not too shabby! They shattered their goal within the first 10 minutes, and the orders are still coming in rapidly. My first Kickstarter pre-order. Good fun! And now the long wait begins.
Perdendosi
MoT Member

Post by Perdendosi »

... So tempted. BUT (there's always a "but")...
1) I had a Ventus Mori and flipped it. I didn't like the bezel action (near impossible to turn, if memory serves), and it was just too serious for a brass diver. I also didn't like the rubber/silicone strap. I was also one of the folks who voted for Elshan to increase the hand size, since they were too short. Most of these issues don't translate to the Northstar, but a couple do. (Anyone know what the bezel action is like??)
2) I'd buy the brass variant, but it's not going to be delivered in time for summer. And that's the time you wear brass/bronze watches-- summer. (Yes, there's always "next summer," but will I get bored of the watch and flip it before then? It's a strong possibility.)

I'm mostly resigned to let this one pass. But then again, I have this urge to get the two pack, and get the brass+green and the steel+orange (because it looks just so cool).
- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
Current collection:

Baume & Mercier Capeland Chrono | Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT | Oris Artix Date | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Hamtun H2 Meteroite | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Nth Nacken Renegade | Direnzo DRZ-03 "Blood Moon" | Citizen Grand Classic | Nodus Sector Field | Seiko SSA409 "Honeycomb" Star Bar **** Time | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Great White Turtle | Manchester Watch Works (RIP) Equinox All-Lume Dial | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" | Casio AE1400WH-2AV
fillerbunny
MoT Member

Post by fillerbunny »

Perdendosi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:16 pm (Anyone know what the bezel action is like??)
Jody from JOMW and The Time Bum found no issues with the prototypes. To quote the latter, though, "Given my experience with previous Ventus watches, I have no reason to believe the final pieces will be any less satisfying", so YMMV I guess.

Super Early Bird backer #44'ish here. I haven't gone through with any KS project I've backed before, this one may well be the first (depending on the watches I just HAVE to have in the next four weeks).

Fiery Orange looks like the one for me, although it won't be the greatest match with the brown Horween leather they just added. Hoping for some colour options down the road. The Azure Teal option looks great, but I tend to be underwhelmed by watches with SS bezels, gray or silver dials and blue accents that I'm initially obsessed about. I just flipped my Baby Ice Monster yesterday, which I had for all of two weeks.

Oh, first post here? Cool! Hi guys, and greetings from Helsinki!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL: Kickstarter: Ventus Watches - Northstar 300M Heritage Diver

Post by TheJohnP »

No surprise here, but to follow up on the Kickstarter campaign, it was...

SUCCESSFUL

685 backers pledged S$ 238,398 to help bring this project to life.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find