SOLD OUT: Brand Direct: Halios - Seaforth B

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

pgcity
MoT Member

Re: SOLD OUT: Brand Direct: Halios - Seaforth B

Post by pgcity »

No tracking number was sent but suddenly the watch arrived yesterday. I can understand the hype now. It's really nicely done and though i am new to watch collecting, I think anyone can tell quality just by feeling and looking at this watch. This is my first bronze and first Halios . Very happy to have gone with the Fume Grey dial. The crown pops out well and strong too, no phantom date, keeping very accurate time, strong (and pleasant) green lume on the indices, hour and minute markers.Lume seemed to last all night. Boxed crystal is clear with no distortion and dial is easy to read day and night.

I only noticed a single dot of discoloration on one side of the case. It's not a scratch and nothing poked it. It disappears in bright light and I i will leave it to patina over time naturally. The non Halios signed rubber strap is soft, however the signed(underneath) metal keeper feels a little sharp on the wrist. The strap has caoutchouc veritable(means real latex rubber i think) written on the underside. The second strap seems to be leather on top with rubber lining below signed with Halios brand. Buckle once again is signed underside and just a little sharp.

The watch looks as good as the Instagram pictures on the Halios site and other professionally taken one so please refer to those to know how good this watch looks.

I, on the other hand can never take good pictures(apologies on the dust and not being in focus) but here's 2 and one more below with the dot below these:
IMG_20191101_142535 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20191101_142456 - Copy.jpg
dot.jpg
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Between Halios' most recent Instagram post and today's IG story, I imagine there's a good chance a purple dial bronze Seaforth is on the way.

Edit: ....or it's possible I'm an idiot and missed the 666 on the caseback. I guess when I saw the purple devil I was a bit more focused on the purple part than I was on the devil part.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Think he's gauging sentiment from the posts to decide on including the color for the future?

Like the purple myself, just not sure combined with bronze.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:00 pm Think he's gauging sentiment from the posts to decide on including the color for the future?

Like the purple myself, just not sure combined with bronze.
Maybe so. I was also thinking the purple dial would go better with a steel or DLC case than it would with bronze.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

A couple blue dial variants just became available but they won't last long.

Edit: Sold out in a couple minutes and the IG post was removed.

DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

I own the Seaforth III in the pastel blue and I'm not going to lie, I think it's really worth no more than the retail price.
The biggest issue for me is the really (IMO) stupid "automatic" at 6. The bronze looks like the sharp edges were dealt with on the lugs.