MoT's Watch Deal Forum Race

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
PetWatch
MoT Member

MoT's Watch Deal Forum Race

Post by PetWatch »

Time to bring some excitement to the deals stats, let's make this a race to the finish line Dec 31, 12:59pm.

“Boogity, boogity, boogity – let’s go racing, boys!”

A day at the races.

MoT's Deal Posters Cup Race

We came out of the starting gate like a bat out of hell, or WUS, whichever you prefer, with 619 deals posted for the month of January. A record that still stands. No other month has ever reached 500.

Latest tally: 3152 deals posted through end of July.

The Brand Name Stakes Race.
Seiko by a long shot, a runaway after a slow start.
276 deals, in the lead for six consecutive months. Come and get me...... if you can.

Honorable mention goes to Citizen with a record month total of 60 in January, then faded. A case of a sprinter?...coming out too fast?..... or will it recoup and come back with an impressive move? Will anyone else dare to challenge King Seiko?

The Avg. Savings Stakes Race.
Goes to the month of February with 64.48%. A tight race but good to know for those of us who just have to squeeze the lemon dry.

The Deal Seeker Derby. (Open to all MoT members.)
yinzburgher came out strong out of the gate, in the lead the first two months with no one in sight. In March the The Sultan of SoWhat started making his move, breathing down the leaders neck by a nose at the end of April. Turning to May TheJohnP said to the leaders this is a three horse race boys, and begin making a strong move. Coming to the June pole the Sultan of SoWhat said “Oh Yeah?” Come catch me boys - if you can, while resoundingly taking over the lead from yinzburgher who started to fade. July saw the TheJohnP answer The Sultan of SoWhat's challenge by setting a record 154 deals in one month moving into second place a short length behind the leader while shattering the old record of 131 set by the leader.

We got ourselves a deals race boys. Stay tuned.

Deals posted.
The Sultan of SoWhat – 327
The JohnP – 265
yinzburger - 218

There's been an inquiry launched as to whether The Sultan of SoWhat may have taken a performance enhancing substance. We are currently investigating, in the event we find this to be true it will become mandatory for all Deal's thread posters to take as much of this substance as humanly possible.

The Sellers Stakes Race
Ebay – 495
Amazon – 104

Ebay has owned this race from the start. The last two months Amazon began to make a move. A case of too little too late? It's best month, 56 deals, doesn't even come close to Ebay's worst month of 66. Going to have to pick up the pace. Will there be a new entrant in this race? Highly doubtful. I'm going to go out on a limb and call this race over right now.

The Totally Meaningless Completely Useless ironically called Largest and Smallest % off Cup.

Largest Deal.
Take a guess.
Invicta by 5 with a cameo appearance by Swiss Tradition and more surprisingly Victorinox.

If anyone is looking to buy a new bridge, I will beat the above winners discount.

Smallest Deal
Who cares! Not this deal seeker.

If you must know it's a free for all.
Casio G-Shock, Benarus, Seiko, Bertucci, 2 Alpina and Timex.

Next update scheduled for one day in the future.
Last edited by PetWatch on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: MoT's Watch Deal Forum Race

Post by Dub Rubb »

As soon as I read "boogity boogity boogity boys!" I knew this was gonna be good. This may be my favorite post yet here on MoT!! Well done, and now that we are going into the Chase, I am excited to see where this goes.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I am tempted to make a MoT deal seeker of the year watch or custom dial. It would up the stakes ever so slightly I am afraid. Thoughts?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:12 am I am tempted to make a MoT deal seeker of the year watch or custom dial. It would up the stakes ever so slightly I am afraid. Thoughts?
Just call it the “Deal Sultan Award”.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

watchpalooza wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:12 am I am tempted to make a MoT deal seeker of the year watch or custom dial. It would up the stakes ever so slightly I am afraid. Thoughts?
When I first started here it would have been called the ‘Boston Charlie Award’. Things happen, life priorities change, the unexpected is around every corner. In short, this is still anyone’s race.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:43 am
watchpalooza wrote:
When I first started here it would have been called the ‘Boston Charlie Award’. Things happen, life priorities change, the unexpected is around every corner. In short, this is still anyone’s race.
True. Perhaps the “Live for the Deal” award.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Sporkboy wrote:I am tempted to make a MoT deal seeker of the year watch or custom dial. It would up the stakes ever so slightly I am afraid. Thoughts?
Sounds like a great one of a kind, most rare, difficult to obtain watch on earth.

Dial suggestions:
MoT
Deal Forum?
Deal Seeker or Finder, etc

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

"There's been an inquiry launched as to whether The Sultan of SoWhat may have taken a performance enhancing substance. We are currently investigating, in the event we find this to be true it will become mandatory for all Deal's thread posters to take as much of this substance as humanly possible."
------------

I will gladly submit to a blood test or offer a urine sample to prove my innocence.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:03 pm "There's been an inquiry launched as to whether The Sultan of SoWhat may have taken a performance enhancing substance. We are currently investigating, in the event we find this to be true it will become mandatory for all Deal's thread posters to take as much of this substance as humanly possible."
------------

I will gladly submit to a blood test or offer a urine sample to prove my innocence.
For the record, inquiry concluded, no evidence of foul play found. No need to send me your urine, or blood. Phew! The Sultan of SoWhat is completely exonerated, he is a clean racer, but do tell, any tips to help the rest of us slow turtles pick up the pace.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

PetWatch wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:16 pm
For the record, inquiry concluded, no evidence of foul play found. No need to send me your urine, or blood. Phew! The Sultan of SoWhat is completely exonerated, he is a clean racer, but do tell, any tips to help the rest of us slow turtles pick up the pace.

Here's a suggestion that I do from time to time.

I will do a generic Google search for something like "clearance watch," "summer sale watch," or "watch inventory blowout." Sometimes I use the quotation marks, sometimes not. Then I just keep scrolling through the results as far as the pages allow (generally 10 - 20 pages) and click the links to the sites that seem to be the most interesting or have potential.

That's a rabbit hole that has worked for me in the past to uncover some new or rarely mentioned sites.
Fairly sure that's how I found the Snoopy Marlin deal.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:03 pm "There's been an inquiry launched as to whether The Sultan of SoWhat may have taken a performance enhancing substance. We are currently investigating, in the event we find this to be true it will become mandatory for all Deal's thread posters to take as much of this substance as humanly possible."
------------

I've long suspected the Sultan of doping and more recently JohnP as well. Future generations may see an asterisk next to these stats. I can't beat them so I've decided to join them. I've put myself on a regimen of HGH, caffeine, goat urine, ephedra, freeze pops, ginkgo biloba, deer antler extract, Hot Pockets, tiger's blood, apple cider vinegar, erythropoietin (in case I need to post deals from a higher altitude), B vitamins, and Little Debbie snacks. All that just to keep up. It turns out you can't inject all that so I've also turned to shakes and vaping as well. Stay tuned......I know I am. 🤪
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:
------------

I've long suspected the Sultan of doping and more recently JohnP as well. Future generations may see an asterisk next to these stats. I can't beat them so I've decided to join them. I've put myself on a regimen of HGH, caffeine, goat urine, ephedra, freeze pops, ginkgo biloba, deer antler extract, Hot Pockets, tiger's blood, apple cider vinegar, erythropoietin (in case I need to post deals from a higher altitude), B vitamins, and Little Debbie snacks. All that just to keep up. It turns out you can't inject all that so I've also turned to shakes and vaping as well. Stay tuned......I know I am. [emoji2957]
Send me one of those shakes! Or just the little debbie snack cakes and hot pockets. Maybe some deer antler spray for uhhh. . . nevermind. Off to find some deals!!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

yinzburgher wrote:
------------

I've long suspected the Sultan of doping and more recently JohnP as well. Future generations may see an asterisk next to these stats. I can't beat them so I've decided to join them. I've put myself on a regimen of HGH, caffeine, goat urine, ephedra, freeze pops, ginkgo biloba, deer antler extract, Hot Pockets, tiger's blood, apple cider vinegar, erythropoietin (in case I need to post deals from a higher altitude), B vitamins, and Little Debbie snacks. All that just to keep up. It turns out you can't inject all that so I've also turned to shakes and vaping as well. Stay tuned......I know I am. [emoji2957]
No bull semen? I hear that stuff does wonders.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

A guy goes away for a weekend... :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Now that we all have the secret recipe time to go to the lab, err meant kitchen, and start cooking. Oh man, this is going to be good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk