MoT's Watch Deal Forum Race

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Re: MoT's Watch Deal Forum Race

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Hey, everybody, watch out. Here comes a dark horse--cairoanan--who is really blazing this month.
cairoanan
MoT Member

Post by cairoanan »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:Hey, everybody, watch out. Here comes a dark horse--cairoanan--who is really blazing this month.
Ha! I’m just having a little fun this month. No way will it come close to you, JohnP, and yinz.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:Hey, everybody, watch out. Here comes a dark horse--cairoanan--who is really blazing this month.
I've noticed several posters picking up the pace. Seems like The JohnP's challenge is getting results.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

September's Race Call.

First things first, as some of you will recall, last month The JohnP threw down the gauntlet for September with the “The JohnP Bring It On Challenge”. And oh boy, did it set the track on fire! What a match race it turned out to be, unexpected, but it has to be called.

Sept. 1 had barely dawned when caironan was heard to exclaim “It's On Boy! It's On like Donkey Kong!” as he started flinging deal right after deal, right and left, up and down, round and about, every which way every second. Seeing this, The JohnP, who's never been known to wimp out, started laying down 5, 6, 7, 9, lost count, deals with a single post with his giant strides. Penny pincher tight as they come that he is, wasn't about to give it up without a monumental fight.

Side by side these two thoroughly bred to post watch deals raced down the most illustrious racetrack in Horologyland, the MoT oval. Caironan lights the track on fire with his nonstop deal posts, putting a nose in front with a blistering sequence. Amid all the fire and smoke The JohnP responds with a bunch of posts teeming with deals, catching up with caironan. It's getting serious now. Caironan reaches out and pulls out the whip, cracks one right between the eyes on The JohnP's nose. Ouch, $#%#$! “So it's going to be like that, huh?” mutters The JP as he bump slams caironan bouncing him off the rail like a pinball wizard.

And down the stretch they come in full flight for the wire (finish line). Head to head, nose to nose, bumper to bumper, these too deal fiends fire up the crowd with a blistering duel. Coming down to the wire caironan surges forth with one final burst of energy, buoyed by the throng of well wisher he starts pulling away from The JohnP, who is heard saying “Bring it home for the Team caironan”. And that he does as the indefatigable caironan crosses the finish line first, 66 deals in front, never having let off the whip from the start. Wow!

Oh! Oh!

INQUIRY sign is up. Hold all tickets.

A claim of foul has been lodged with the racing stewards involving the first two finishers. Allegation are that they posted invalid entries, spamming with non deals in addition to posting "deals" that could easily be beat by patiently waiting a whole two other seconds.

After carefull review of the video from all angles and careful consideration of all the evidence, “Who's to say what a deal is to anyone at any one time.” We have determined that the track was sloppy (muddy puddles), and these two mudders skillfully skimmed above the messy track in search of deals, barely getting their deal hunting flip flops wet, and leaving the rest of the field stuck in the mud. Clean race.

It's OFFICIAL, results stand.

At the post race interview caironan pledged to match The JohnP's pledge and donate another $100 Big 'uns to the MoT racetrack.

What Sportsmanship! What a Match Race! Simple Awesomeness! Epic! This record setting performance by these two cheapskates will go down in the annals of Bargain Hunting 'til eternity. A hearty thank you to caironan for putting in the extraordinary effort needed to bring it to The JohnP and matching JP's contribution. And The JohnP for his great generosity that generated this spectacle for all of us to enjoy. You gentlemen have set a high bar by example, and by extension made the rest of us deal seekers proud to be here as part of this team. Thank You.

What?..... What'd he say?...... Is that The Man, MoT walking around in circles muttering to himself “All freaking month long, every friggin day, I've been working for 2-3 hours OT for a buck and a quarter an hour. WTF, I knew right away I should have banned or suspended those two good for nothing %$#$#*, no good m#@%#$%! Damn sons#($&$*#&.

He said “Thank You Both Very Much”.

On to Septembers record setting highlights.

MoT's Deal Race Course Cup

Fire!
Yeap, The JohnP's Challenge ignited a firestorm to every cheapskate's delight.
1007 deals posted, shattering January's 619 deals record.
Amazing!

The Number of Brands Stakes
Another record setting performance with 143 brands besting Jan. 104.
Can that be right, for some unknown reason I only see a few well known brands. Must have the blinkers on. Blinker are a form blinds or goggles that restrict peripheral view.
Can't say there isn't something here for everybody.

The Brand Name Stakes Race

Even the new release of a bunch misaligned, higher priced, slanted 5's, Seiko still managed to shatter the old record held by Citizen since January of 60 deals with a stomping whopping 119 deals. What a drubbing! Nothing can stop this WIS banging manchine.

The Race to Pull Out Your Wallet Stakes

The great Houdini got a hold of our wallets this month, zippered pockets, padlocks, password protection – didn't matter.
Wrists are heavy, wallets empty, pockets light.

As the sign at the entrance to MoT Downs says, by the way if you missed it on your way in, you will surely know it on your way out, “Going Broke By Saving Money.”

New records:
Total of Deal Price: $483,419.60 (+$292,319.80)
Total of Retail Price: $1,265,611.39 (+$708,269.90)

The Deal Seeker Derby
(Open to all MoT members.)
As we entered the final turn in Sept. The JohnP had just edged up to The Sultan of SoWhat, whens suddenly The JP hears a sonic boom coming from caironan in the back of the pack. Hmm? He had 12, yes, that's 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 12 deals in the August backstretch heat. Doesn't matter, JP only knows one way to run, full throttle pedal to the metal as he finds another gear and goes into hyperdrive leaving the rest of the field choking in a cloud of dust, sparks, burning rubber and other exotic odoriferous exhaust fumes coming out his tail pipe. “See ya'll!” As he opens up by 263 deals in front of The Sultan of SoWhat who puts in a very respectable 66 deals to retain second place.

Waltzing away to the Race Blues with his 448 deals, seemingly helplessly out of the corner of his eye he spots the trail of a meteor on fire coming straight at him for his second place spot. That caironan knows how to make an entrance. Question is, is he a comet visiting the MoT race course every nine months? The future will tell its tales. One thing is for sure, this rocket fuled blur broke from the back of the pack right into third place with an unbelievable, inconceivable, improbable, implausible, impossible one month record setting performance of 3 7 8 deals, previous record was 154. Wholly Whackamole!

Not far behind we spot yinzburger taking a break with 34 deals for the month, holding forth place with 340 deals.

The jockeying for position has begun, some begin to make their moves from the back of the field as we round out the final turn before heading to the stretch.

Lot's of racing left. As we have seen this month anything is possible.

Standings:
The JohnP – 711
Teh Sultan of SoWhat - 448
carionan – 390
yinzburger - 340
Boston Charlie – 70
testing – 49
Dub Rubb – 32
PetWatch – 20
BillionaireDoors – 18
peskydonut – 13

Rest of field.
Well done, keep going.
It only takes one deal to make a watch enthusiast's dream come true.

The Sellers Stakes Race
Ebay smashes its own record with an amazing 249 deals after someone spotted a much missed, long time unseen 15% + 8% bucks. Prior record was 129.

The Largest Deal Cup
What can I say. Invicta would not be left out of this record setting smorgasbord with a 96.01% imaginary discount. Will this master of illusions make prices completely disappear one day?

As they round out the final turn headed for the stretch.............
Last edited by PetWatch on Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

PetWatch wrote:September's Race Call.

First things first, as some of you will recall, last month The JohnP threw down the gauntlet for September with the “The JohnP Bring It On Challenge”. And oh boy, did it set the track on fire! What a match race it turned out to be, unexpected, but it has to be called.

Sept. 1 had barely dawned when caironan was heard to exclaim “It's On Boy! It's On like Donkey Kong!” as he started flinging deal right after deal, right and left, up and down, round and about, every which way every second. Seeing this, The JohnP, who's never been known to wimp out, started laying down 5, 6, 7, 9, lost count, deals with a single post with his giant strides. Penny pincher tight as they come that he is, wasn't about to give it up without a monumental fight.

Side by side these two thoroughly bred to post watch deals raced down the most illustrious racetrack in Horologyland, the MoT oval. Caironan lights the track on fire with his nonstop deal posts, putting a nose in front with a blistering sequence. Amid all the fire and smoke The JohnP responds with a bunch of posts teeming with deals, catching up with caironan. It's getting serious now. Caironan reaches out and pulls out the whip, cracks one right between the eyes on The JohnP's nose. Ouch, $#%#$! “So it's going to be like that, huh?” mutters The JP as he bump slams caironan bouncing him off the rail like a pinball wizard.

And down the stretch they come in full flight for the wire (finish line). Head to head, nose to nose, bumper to bumper, these too deal fiends fire up the crowd with a blistering duel. Coming down to the wire caironan surges forth with one final burst of energy, buoyed by the throng of well wisher he starts pulling away from The JohnP, who is heard saying “Bring it home for the Team caironan”. And that he does as the indefatigable caironan crosses the finish line first, 66 deals in front, never having let off the whip from the start. Wow!

Oh! Oh!

INQUIRY sign is up. Hold all tickets.

A claim of foul has been lodged with the racing stewards involving the first two finishers. Allegation are that they posted invalid entries, spamming with non deals in addition to posting "deals" that could easily be beat by patiently waiting a whole two other seconds.

After carefull review of the video from all angles and careful consideration of all the evidence, “Who's to say what a deal is to anyone at any one time.” We have determined that the track was sloppy (muddy puddles), and these two mudders skillfully skimmed above the messy track in search of deals, barely getting their deal hunting flip flops wet, and leaving the rest of the field stuck in the mud. Clean race.

It's OFFICIAL, results stand.

At the post race interview caironan pledged to match The JohnP's pledge and donate another $100 Big 'uns to the MoT racetrack.

What Sportsmanship! What a Match Race! Simple Awesomeness! Epic! This record setting performance by these two cheapskates will go down in the annals of Bargain Hunting 'til eternity. A hearty thank you to caironan for putting in the extraordinary effort needed to bring it to The JohnP and matching JP's contribution. And The JohnP for his great generosity that generated this spectacle for all of us to enjoy. You gentlemen have set a high bar by example, and by extension made the rest of us deal seekers proud to be here as part of this team. Thank You.

What?..... What'd he say?...... Is that The Man, MoT walking around in circles muttering “All freaking month long, every friggin day, I've been working for 2-3 hours OT for a buck and a quarter an hour. WTF, I knew right away I should have banned or suspended those two good for nothing %$#$#*, no good m#@%#$%! Damn sons#($&$*#&.

He said “Thank You Both Very Much”.

On to Septembers record setting highlights.

MoT's Deal Race Course Cup

Fire!
Yeap, The JohnP's Challenge ignited a firestorm to every cheapskate's delight.
1007 deals posted, shattering January's 619 deals record.
Amazing!

The Number of Brands Stakes
Another record setting performance with 143 brands besting Jan. 104.
Can that be right, for some unknown reason I only see a few well known brands. Must have the blinkers on. Blinker are a form blinds or goggles that restrict peripheral view.
Can't say there isn't something here for everybody.

The Brand Name Stakes Race

Even the new release of a bunch misaligned, higher priced, slanted 5's, Seiko still managed to shatter the old record held by Citizen since January of 60 deals with a stomping whopping 119 deals. What a drubbing! Nothing can stop this WIS banging manchine.

The Race to Pull Out Your Wallet Stakes

The great Houdini got a hold of our wallets this month, zippered pockets, padlocks, password protection – didn't matter.
Wrists are heavy, wallets empty, pockets light.

As the sign at the entrance to MoT Downs says, by the way if you missed it on your way in, you will surely know it on your way out, “Going Broke By Saving Money.”

New records:
Total of Deal Price: $483,419.60 (+$292,319.80)
Total of Retail Price: $1,265,611.39 (+$708,269.90)

The Deal Seeker Derby
(Open to all MoT members.)
As we entered the final turn in Sept. The JohnP had just edged up to The Sultan of SoWhat, whens suddenly The JP hears a sonic boom coming from caironan in the back of the pack. Hmm? He had 12, yes, that's 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 12 deals in the August backstretch heat. Doesn't matter, JP only knows one way to run, full throttle pedal to the metal as he finds another gear and goes into hyperdrive leaving the rest of the field choking in a cloud of dust, sparks, burning rubber and other exotic odoriferous exhaust fumes. “See ya'll!” As he opens up by 263 deals in front of The Sultan of SoWhat who puts in a very respectable 66 deals to retain second place.

Waltzing away to the Race Blues with his 448 deals, seemingly helplessly out of the corner of his eye he spots the trail of a meteor on fire coming straight at him for his second place spot. That caironan knows how to make an entrance. Question is, is he a comet visiting the MoT race course every nine months? The future will tell its tales. One thing is for sure, this rocket fuled blur broke from the back of the pack right into third place with an unbelievable, inconceivable, improbable, implausible, impossible one month record setting performance of 3 9 0 deals, previous record was 154. Wholly Whackamole!

Not far behind we spot yinzburger taking a break with 34 deals for the month, holding forth place with 340 deals.

The jockeying for position has begun, some begin to make their moves from the back of the field as we round out the final turn before heading to the stretch.

Lot's of racing left. As we have seen this month anything is possible.

Standings:
The JohnP – 711
Teh Sultan of SoWhat - 448
carionan – 390
yinzburger - 340
Boston Charlie – 70
testing – 49
Dub Rubb – 32
PetWatch – 20
BillionaireDoors – 18
peskydonut – 13

Rest of field.
Well done, keep going.
It only takes one deal to make a watch enthusiast's dream come true.

The Sellers Stakes Race
Ebay smashes its own record with an amazing 249 deals after someone spotted a much missed, long time unseen 15% + 8% bucks. Prior record was 129.

The Largest Deal Cup
What can I say. Invicta would not be left out of this record setting smorgasbord with a 96.01% imaginary discount. Will this illusionist make prices completely disappear one day?

As they round out the final turn headed for the stretch.............
My God. Your posts here are REALLY something I look forward to. So well thought out and incredibly entertaining. I feel like I am there at the actual race! Well done, and the same goes to all those deal seaking.

I had an interview with Cairoanan and he had this to say:
"You're talking to the Rolex wearing, diamond ring wearing, kiss stealing (WOO!)
Wheeling dealing, Limousine riding, Jet Flying, son of a gun
And I’m having a hard time holding these alligators down
Woo!"

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Thanks Dub, lol, yeah he's the man of the month along with The JohnP. What a duo!

cairoanan
MoT Member

Post by cairoanan »

What. The. Heck. What great reads.

You two are so entertaining. Very very clever!

Sadly, I’m likely a comet. It was so exhausting searching and comparing and yada yada yada. JohnP, yinz and sultan have my highest respect for their consistency and longevity in deal seeking.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:43 am September's Race Call.

That highlighted bit is 1,000% accurate.

I gave [mention]cairoanan[/mention] a run for the money, but I had to put my money where my mouth was for the valiant victory this month.
And much respect to cairoanan for matching the donation. Unexpected and honorable.

Honestly, glad I was trounced so decidedly. I think I would've been miffed if I had missed the top slot by just a handful of deals! haha

As much as I am enjoying this forum race [mention]PetWatch[/mention], I suspect that the numbers don't actually reflect the true story.
This race didn't start until August. There are months and months of personal stats that have yet to be accounted.
Not that I want to put more compilation work on our fearless leader, [mention]ManOnTime[/mention].
But then again, that might be something he might enjoy pulling together all the individual numbers from posted deals throughout 2019.

Otherwise, this is one of the better and enjoyable threads to read!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

TheJohnP wrote:

I gave [mention]cairoanan[/mention] a run for the money, but I had to put my money where my mouth was for the valiant victory this month.
And much respect to cairoanan for matching the donation. Unexpected and honorable.

Honestly, glad I was trounced so decidedly. I think I would've been miffed if I had missed the top slot by just a handful of deals! haha

As much as I am enjoying this forum race [mention]PetWatch[/mention], I suspect that the numbers don't actually reflect the true story.
This race didn't start until August. There are months and months of personal stats that have yet to be accounted.
Not that I want to put more compilation work on our fearless leader, [mention]ManOnTime[/mention].
But then again, that might be something he might enjoy pulling together all the individual numbers from posted deals throughout 2019.

Yes, MoT only started posting the top 10 last month, before that he only listed the top deal poster for the month, which is what I used up to last month. If he ever finds the time to update the top 10 going back to January I'll update the stats. I still think you'll be right up there or very close.

But I think The Man may need a break after the drubbing you two gave him. [emoji3] He's game as they come though.

This was a September to remember, that's for sure.

Last edited by PetWatch on Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:26 pm
TheJohnP wrote:

I gave @cairoanan a run for the money, but I had to put my money where my mouth was for the valiant victory this month.

As much as I am enjoying this forum race @PetWatch, I suspect that the numbers don't actually reflect the true story.
Not that I want to put more compilation work on our fearless leader, @ManOnTime.

Yes, MoT only started posting the top 10 last month, before that he only listed the top deal poster for the month, which is what used up to last month. If he ever finds the time to update the top 10 going back to January I'll update the stats. I still think you'll be right up there or very close.

But I think The Man may need a break after the drubbing you two gave him. [emoji3] He's game as they come though.

This was a September to remember, that's for sure.

Oh, I can find the time. Just depends on how much the data is worth to ya. 8-)

(Just kidding. I'll see if I can dig up the numbers later.)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

I think the race has left me behind. I'll have to see if I can get back into the saddle again.

Meanwhile, congrats to the boys who are making the running!
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:I think the race has left me behind. I'll have to see if I can get back into the saddle again.

We know you can Rumba, errr ride with the best of 'em. Whenever your ready ........

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

PetWatch wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:48 pm
The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:I think the race has left me behind. I'll have to see if I can get back into the saddle again.

We know you can Rumba, errr ride with the best of 'em. Whenever your ready ........

--------

I don't remember if I was proficient in the rumba, but I was great at the mambo. Couldn't hack the cha-cha, though.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Important announcement affecting the standings.

After the unsuccessful shakedown attempt of the stewards, and failed coercion from the Vostok Komandirkies failure to dig up enough dirt from the stewards large pile of crap, I am pleased to announce that The Man has released all data transcripts in full, fully redacted. Another big thank you to the ever so gracious MoT. Naturally, this will once again affect the standings. Don't tell me about it, you know the drill.

It's OFFICIAL.

We now have all relevent data from the start through Sept. 30.

Updated standings:

And still leading the pack as expected by an astounding 298 deals with an astonishingly amazing 1021 deals posted we have none other than the sensational JohnP. I wasn't completely certain before, but I can now say we are witnessing a Tour de Force.

Watch! Watch in awe the JP's show stopping command performance!

With a truly remarkable run, The Sultan of SoWhat holds on to second place by a whisker with 723 deals, only a blink of an eye 8 deals ahead of third place. We all knew the Sultan can glide over the racetrack Waltzing like no one else. Now we know he can Mambo swing and swirl and shake those hips like only Shakira can, and do the Boogey Woogie too.

Moving up one spot to a clear and comfortable third place, and eyeball to eyeball and schnoz to schnoz with the Sultan of SoWhat ifISwingMamboandRock&Roll, picture that, never mind, is the out of the gate cannonball known as yinzburgher with 715 deals. Will he close out the race in the same fashion he started? Watch out!

Losing one place into forth place, hey, someone had to pay the price for this fandangle, is the red hot Comet with the long deals tail, AKA cairoanan with 509 deals. He may have dropped a place, nothing another flyby or two by the MoT Deals Park can't fix.

Not having his best meet but exuding class we have Boston Charlie with 317 deals. Class always comes through in the big leagues!

Behind the comet and the perpetual field of stars above, and with an impressive run into 6th place we have Dub Rubb with 223 deals. I think.... no...... I know he's got what it takes to run with the Big Dogs in the Big Leagues if he wants to.

In 7th place is flypanam with 111 deals. I wonder where he's flying around these days. Don't recall seeing much of him lately.

In 8th place, with a good run but dropping a couple places is testing 123. You guys just wait til he's done testing. Watch out!

Retaining his 9th place is the wheelin dealin BillionaireDoors with 55 deals. I've never understood why billionaires need deals, maybe that's why they're billionaires and I'm not.

And wiping up the rears after dropping two places to 10th place is your humble servant. No wonder it stinks back here. It's not fun smelling everyone's behind from behind.

RD.jpg
RD.jpg (39.62 KiB) Viewed 915 times

A there you have it boys, the accurate, all fixed up to date standings. Sorry boys, don't bother, from here on out not even The Man can help you out any longer. You're on your own boys.

1 - TheJohnP - 1021
2 - The Sultan of SoWhat - 723
3 - yinzburgher - 715
4 - cairoanan - 509
5 - BostonCharlie - 317
6 - Dub Rubb - 223
7 - flypanam - 111
8 - testing123 - 94
9 - BillionaireDoors - 55
10-PetWatch - 46

And this is what it looks like on the track:
stats.png
stats.png (15.83 KiB) Viewed 915 times
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Better late than never. I have been busy with travel, work, family, life and living but still managed to buy a watch, go figure........ not so much.

Octobers call, mostly back to normal after prior month's blazing pace.

A look to the right, nobody's there, a look to the left, nobody there.
Whip! Whip!
Riding sellers like a race horse his putting distance on the field.
In form with the force The JohnP's heading home.
Seeeeeeeeeeeee ya.
The rest can hear ya but they can't see ya.

Widening his lead with a month high 190 deals, 451 deals in the lead he blows the field away. Another whuppin! Yeap, turning for home The JohnP closes in on the finish line racing no one but himself.

Driving with a strong 64 deal move yinzburgher quickly passes The Sultan of SoWhat before he can pull the whip to administer a whacking, taking second place by 19 deals. Warming up to close out the race the way he started it? Book ends yinzburgher? We shall see.

The Sultan of SoWhat drops into third place with a sloooow for him 37 deals for the month. Will he bust out with the moonwalk back to the starting gate faster than JP can get to the finish line? One thing's for sure, The Sultan dances to his own tune. SoWhat does it matter what the band's playing when you dance 'em all? What?...... So?

213 deals behind and posting a solid 38 deals for the month cairoanan retains forth place.

With the exception of testing123 posting a good 37 deals to take over 7th place the rest of the field had a ho hum, no hum, no top ten deals posted. Seems that Halloween Ghouls and Goblins froze them in place yet somehow they maintained their standings in the same place. I blame it on the goblins. Yes, there is a Valley of the Goblins somewhere in the land, they can't take your watch off your wrist but they surely take watches off your mind.

On the bright side new and old deal posters have stepped up. It only takes one post to be a Star deal poster. Only one post to make a watch enthusiast's dreams come true, if only for a few moments, until the next one arrives, or even for a lifetime.

The Top 10 Standings

---------------------------------Total ---- Oct.
@TheJohnP ----------------- 1211 ---- 190
@yinzburgher -----------------779 ------64
@The Sultan of SoWhat ---- 760 - -----37
@cairoanan ------------------- 547 ----- 38
@BostonCharlie -------------- 317 --------0
@Dub Rubb ------------------- 232 --------9
@testing123 ------------------- 131 -----37
@flypanam -------------------- 111 ------ 0
@BillionaireDoors ------------ 55---------0
@PetWatch --------------------- 46 -------0

The Phony Baloney Claiming Race ( $1 and under, maidens, non winners and losers.)

The JohnP posted the deal dreams are made of - free watches. A long forgotten new company, not worth the time to look up the name, claimed to give away their new line of watches for "free". How's that sound to you? Indeed, with a small stipulation, only way to get your free watch is to pay for shipping plus tax on some type of price delusion, which turns out more expensive than an equivalent watch on Ali's Express. Hell of a deal! As if to emphasize the importance of this amazing deal, no race credit was given for this winning pile, phony baloney of a joke.

No fault of The JohnP, his super ultra sensitive deal sensors sweeps them all in.

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find

As we move into the Holiday shopping season, we know that anything and everything is possible in this race. Not over by a long shot, and it's full of them. With this frenzied shopping season just ahead of us, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and endless Holiday sales, comes the time where many a disciplined bargain hunter has gone berserk itchy trigger happy. So many deals, some known and some newly discovered, unrivaled, never seen before, simply sensational, the great, the good, and the oh why the hell not as my adrenaline's pumping I'm jumpin'.

Time for a watch purchasers race?

Click, click,
bag it, bag it,
until submit
click, click,
denied, rejected, what a wreck
no more credit just discredit

So fellow watch bargain hunters, tight wads, penny pinchers, misers, skinflints and all around cheapskates, aka wise, smart shoppers, shop wisely - shop smart. And I will try to do the same. See you down the stretch.
Last edited by PetWatch on Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.