Vratislavia Conceptum Royal Europe

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Re: Vratislavia Conceptum Royal Europe

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

Spirit of the Watch wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:05 pm
quincas wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:57 am Did VC resolve your watch problem? Would be interested to know.

Shame that its such a beautiful watch [emoji3064]
They did reach out to me and apparently saw the thread I started over at Wus. The guy told me he'd send me a new watch after receiving the one in my possession and a coupon for future use (to what extent I don't know). I thanked him for his time and assured him I understood things happen, it was just bad luck.

I sent it out mid-December but it seems to have spent the last two weeks touring Poland......... it's insured for $500, so I guess we'll see what happens to it.

I'll post whatever the resolution is........... just gotta wait on the postal service now.
It seems VC HAS changed their mind and has decided to repair the watch. Furthermore, they may have gone into no response mode.... I've sent 4 emails over the last 6 weeks, (Although to be fair, their email responses have never been great... If I had to guess he uses google translate or something of the like).
-one asking if they received it, stated he did and they would repair it
-I respond immediately (sub 5 minutes from receiving his response) asking to clarify if they're going to replace it (as he said in his initial email)...... they didn't respond to this email,
-6 days later another email simply asking for clarification of what the situation was. I was told he'd pick it up from his watchmaker in a day.
-And a final email, apologizing if I'm being pesky..... but if he could simply clarify if he's going to repair or replace as I thought he'd stated he would. (No response).

:? Not sure what to think of this...........

I can open a PayPal dispute and receive ~$287 back (the prepay is well past the point of contention now)...........

I hope I'm not being that guy........ but 2 indices problems and frankly their last repair job was subpar (knuckle hair and I had to wipe their fingerprints off). I was willing to deal w/ it until the most recent issue....

Anyhow, hopefully, this is all a misunderstanding. He should email me sometime between this Friday and next Monday. At the very least to give me a tracking number.

Oh, and I've left the WUS thread alone....... the guy seemed saddened by me posting there.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

Alright, well they replaced the dial and kept the old case. No word on the movement but I'm assuming it's the same (not that I was having any issues with it).

I suppose this is a decent compromise and the lack of emails are probably due to the perception of a difficult customer (who follows it up by posting online) and perhaps the language barrier.

If it arrives in good condition I have no problems. I might even post a thanks in the wus thread at that point, as I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

Spirit of the Watch wrote:Alright, well they replaced the dial and kept the old case. No word on the movement but I'm assuming it's the same (not that I was having any issues with it).

I suppose this is a decent compromise and the lack of emails are probably due to the perception of a difficult customer (who follows it up by posting online) and perhaps the language barrier.

If it arrives in good condition I have no problems. I might even post a thanks in the wus thread at that point, as I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
It should be good this time! Remember wrist shots!