Vratislavia Conceptum Royal Europe

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Re: Vratislavia Conceptum Royal Europe

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

^Okay, the watch is hopefully on its' way to Poland now. It spent a week in Chicago...…. just hanging out at the airport. Totally, normal thing to do. USPS whoo….

(I'm in eastern IA and O'Hare is a 5 hour drive).

I genuinely hope he just sends me a new watch and doesn't attempt to repair this one.

Edit: It's in Poland now.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

Spirit of the Watch wrote: I genuinely hope he just sends me a new watch and doesn't attempt to repair this one.
It's a numbered limited edition, so I'll be surprised if it's not repaired and returned, rather than replaced.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

PetrosD wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:22 pm
Spirit of the Watch wrote: I genuinely hope he just sends me a new watch and doesn't attempt to repair this one.
It's a numbered limited edition, so I'll be surprised if it's not repaired and returned, rather than replaced.
Yeah, but he's still got ~50. That said I sent him an email and he hasn't responded so you're probably right.
-William Osler
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Just a few hours ago they sent me a new tracking number and apparently repaired the watch. Hopefully, it's in good shape and keeping time well (part of the reason i wish I'd just lived with it) as it will have gone through the postage system 3 times now.

Anyhow, I'd assume I'll have in in a week and a half or so.
-William Osler
konax
MoT Member

Post by konax »

Spirit of the Watch wrote:Just a few hours ago they sent me a new tracking number and apparently repaired the watch. Hopefully, it's in good shape and keeping time well (part of the reason i wish I'd just lived with it) as it will have gone through the postage system 3 times now.

So, did you get it back? Was it repaired or replaced? Have you been refunded the shipping costs?
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

konax wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:09 am
Spirit of the Watch wrote:Just a few hours ago they sent me a new tracking number and apparently repaired the watch. Hopefully, it's in good shape and keeping time well (part of the reason i wish I'd just lived with it) as it will have gone through the postage system 3 times now.

So, did you get it back? Was it repaired or replaced? Have you been refunded the shipping costs?
I got the watch back with a piece of knuckle hair underneath a dome, albeit at a not so obvious angle. The backside of the watch had to be wiped down from the fingerprints over it.

As for shipping costs or any of that......

Well, no response to that email and they genuinely seemed upset I had insured the watch instead of stating it was worth less than $20. Claimed it made it harder on his end (probably) but if I'm picking up the shipping, I'll pay the extra for insurance just in case.

The watch seems to have become magnetized since and now I'm waiting on a demagnetizer.

So, the applied indices look good but I wish I had lived with it or asked for a partial refund instead. I haven't bothered to email VC for the knuckle hair. It's upsetting but I assume they'd just ignore it.

It's a great watch, but there is a language barrier and the guy is trying to make a living.

I'd like to assume the less than perfect outcome was just chance and a overeaction on my end to send it in.

More
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/vrati ... html?amp=1
-William Osler
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

I'll post pictures later........ but one of the applied indices is falling off now....

I don't desire to blow $70 on shipping to Poland again. I have no idea what to email VC again, just not pleased.

Edit: Added a pic. What are the odds this will happen to the rest of the indices?
Attachments
falling off2.jpg
falling off.jpg
Last edited by Spirit of the Watch on Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-William Osler
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Any idea's on what I should do? Demand they pay for shipping, ask for a refund, ask they swap it out for a different watch, etc.?
-William Osler
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Spirit of the Watch wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:00 pm Any idea's on what I should do? Demand they pay for shipping, ask for a refund, ask they swap it out for a different watch, etc.?
That's unfortunate. In your shoes, I would talk to VC about sending it back for a complete refund. You gave it a shot and it's clearly not working out for you. There will be other cool watches that don't have these QC problems. Good luck with it whatever you decide.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:08 pm
Spirit of the Watch wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:00 pm Any idea's on what I should do? Demand they pay for shipping, ask for a refund, ask they swap it out for a different watch, etc.?
That's unfortunate. In your shoes, I would talk to VC about sending it back for a complete refund. You gave it a shot and it's clearly not working out for you. There will be other cool watches that don't have these QC problems. Good luck with it whatever you decide.
I suppose I'm in the sunken cost hole at this point, I've blown ~$510 at the moment and sending it back for a refund would cost me another $70. Bringing my total to ~$580. Plus whatever I lost on Paypal fee's on the initial transaction (I paid in USD and PayPal converted it to the Polish currency).

If they give me $440, I'm out quite a bit and from my interactions w/ VC their English is rather poor.

Edit: I posted my issue in duplicate on the original WUS thread, as a VC rep of some sort has posted their before. I have no idea if they'd post anything there. Yet, I figure why not.
-William Osler
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Is that something a local watchmaker can fix?
Might be an easier/cheaper route than dealing with Poland.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

TheJohnP wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:28 am Is that something a local watchmaker can fix?
Might be an easier/cheaper route than dealing with Poland.
Potentially, I live in Iowa so not too many watchmakers left (old, retired, passed away, etc.)

I'll see what they have to say, including on price

And then I'll try and have VC pay for it.
-William Osler
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

Did VC resolve your watch problem? Would be interested to know.

Shame that its such a beautiful watch [emoji3064]
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

quincas wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:57 am Did VC resolve your watch problem? Would be interested to know.

Shame that its such a beautiful watch [emoji3064]
They did reach out to me and apparently saw the thread I started over at Wus. The guy told me he'd send me a new watch after receiving the one in my possession and a coupon for future use (to what extent I don't know). I thanked him for his time and assured him I understood things happen, it was just bad luck.

I sent it out mid-December but it seems to have spent the last two weeks touring Poland......... it's insured for $500, so I guess we'll see what happens to it.

I'll post whatever the resolution is........... just gotta wait on the postal service now.
-William Osler
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

Sounds good and a decent resolution.

Hope the replacement turns out and turns up perfect.