Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Slant
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Post by Slant »

CW 65 Trident Diver back in stock in Nearly New.

1... 2... 3... GO!!!

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/event ... early-new3

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Slant wrote:CW 65 Trident Diver back in stock in Nearly New.

1... 2... 3... GO!!!

I really like their watches and would probably own a few if it wasn't for the logo. I don't know why they feel the need to keep changing it, the old one was great. The new font to me just looks like a business card. Though the C1 grand Malvern is quite tempting...
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
raheelc
MoT Member

Post by raheelc »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:

1... 2... 3... GO!!!

I really like their watches and would probably own a few if it wasn't for the logo. I don't know why they feel the need to keep changing it, the old one was great. The new font to me just looks like a business card. Though the C1 grand Malvern is quite tempting...
Yep, gotta agree with the logo as well. Plus neither of these have the bracelet with them!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

squincher
MoT Member

Post by squincher »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:27 pm Arrival from RGM.

Case and bracelet look the same as my GS. Movement is an undecorated GS movement made in the same factory.

This watch should be nicknamed "Hulk Buster".

Cool Sumo!

:lol:
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:20 am Touch of Modern has some pretty good prices on Citizen watches with 5-year Citizen warranty. Might be worth a look if you have credit or coupons to burn.
The Citizen Blue Angels World Chronograph is actually very competitively priced on ToM.. $300, which is $10 cheaper than the same watch on a strap on eBay, or $30-40 cheaper than the same bracelet version on eBay. Or $320 at Joma Shop with the New Years sale. Can't find anywhere else that's any cheaper than the ToM price.

Overall, it's an incredible bargain to begin with at that price. Perpetual calendar with radio-sync to the atomic clock. Eco drive uses any light source for power, and lasts 6 months without charging. World time in 26 cities / time zones. 1/20 sec chrono, sapphire crystal, power reserve indicator at the touch of a button. And the same cool slide-rule bezel as on the nighthawk in case you amateur aviators want to convert fuel from lbs to liters for whatever reason.

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/cit ... at8020-54l

Scruffy believes in this forum
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Bought another Seiko SKX009K1 to mod.

$197.99 Jomashop via Rakuten
-$39.60 APPAREL20 coupon code
- $1.58 Ebates rebate payable 2.15.19
-$39.40 Rakuten points
NET $117.41-ish after all rebates

THIS HERE WATCH YO'

Robotaz
MoT Member

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2019

Post by Robotaz »

I can’t believe people aren’t buying those CW Jump Hours. Mine is one of the best watches I’ve ever owned. If they’d redo mine with a thinner case, it would be one of my favorites of all watches ever.

These are very, very nice watches. Stupidly so at these prices.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:58 pm I can’t believe people aren’t buying those CW Jump Hours. Mine is one of the best watches I’ve ever owned. If they’d redo mine with a thinner case, it would be one of my favorites of all watches ever.

50% is a great deal.
$800 is still a LOT.
At least that's my reasoning
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

TheJohnP wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:58 pm I can’t believe people aren’t buying those CW Jump Hours. Mine is one of the best watches I’ve ever owned. If they’d redo mine with a thinner case, it would be one of my favorites of all watches ever.

50% is a great deal.
$800 is still a LOT.
At least that's my reasoning
It is, but I can’t think of a nicer watch for the money.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

flypanam wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:18 pm Deal of the Day at Gemnation is this Junghans Meister Driver Chronograph for $1,450. Retail $2,095. Very hard to find at below retail. Only Overstock comes close, at $1,550, but the watch is also a "weekly special" over there. Regular overstock price would be $1,724.49.

https://www.gemnation.com/watches/Deal-Of-The-Day.html

Evine has it for about $1290 + tax with code THIRTY
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

raheelc wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:23 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:

1... 2... 3... GO!!!

Yep, gotta agree with the logo as well. Plus neither of these have the bracelet with them!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I agree about the logo. I have no clue why they keep changing it. I have a gen 1 Trident and I love it. It's true that the original logo was pretty "verbose." With not just a "CW" logo, but also spelling out "Christopher Ward" and also having "London" tacked on seems a little much. But adding "London" really is cool imho as it immediately sets the brand apart from Swiss or German brands. Yet.... shortening Christopher Ward to ChrWard is just baffling. And then the thing with the blocky + shaped logo, which is actually sorta cool but also begs the question of why change yet again??

While I love my Trident, I can also understand how people would on one hand like CW watches, but just not feel in love or particularly compelled to buy one. Maybe I'm just being biased, but I haven't really found a Christopher Ward I've loved since the original trident. Personally, the watch has a classic submariner look, with enough differences (dial, hand shapes especially the teardrop hour hand and trident seconds hand, lug shape, & 43mm size) to set it apart. I know in later versions the round indices were changed to columns, and it makes the watch look even less like a submariner copy that way, but I just prefer the circles. Otherwise, I know the new gens have upgraded lume in addition to the previously mentioned upgraded WR. Tridents (and other CW watches) are great buys in general, yet I get why they can fail to excite people.

Not my pic, but basically a generation one watch identical to mine, which contrasts the latest gens in various ways:

Last edited by flypanam on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:07 pm
flypanam wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:18 pm Deal of the Day at Gemnation is this Junghans Meister Driver Chronograph for $1,450. Retail $2,095. Very hard to find at below retail. Only Overstock comes close, at $1,550, but the watch is also a "weekly special" over there. Regular overstock price would be $1,724.49.

https://www.gemnation.com/watches/Deal-Of-The-Day.html

Evine has it for about $1290 + tax with code THIRTY
Nice! Didn't see this watch on evine! I assume THIRTY takes 30% off, as the watch is showing up at $1823 for me.

I know there was a 30% discount for new guests who were sent a referral code, as well as a 30% code for the people giving the referral, but I had assumed that the codes were bespoke / created just for each referral. Are there restrictions or anything to this THIRTY code? Would be great to have a universal 30% off code for evine.
KidThunder
MoT Member

Post by KidThunder »

Boourns wrote:
Boourns wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:26 pm
Sometimes watches beg to be panda dials, and this is one. I would buy this in a second if the subdials were black (and maybe it was no-date).
I dare you all to tell me you wouldn't buy this for $199 [emoji38]

No joke, I would love an MS Painted dial as a "quirky" watch, similar to some of the LE Fortis models (just not at their price points).

Realize the point was panda dial not quirky MS painted dial, but heck I'd like one. Image

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pachuco76
MoT Member

Post by Pachuco76 »

Received this guy here today. Found it on Amazon Warehouse deals. Paid $59.95. Brand new, missing papers and box just a little dented. Love the Grand Seiko looks!
Attachments
DA5D377D-6FBD-4A7D-B960-80BA3FA7DF5D.jpeg
976AD2A2-7B3B-4A86-A9C8-8ACFD3C3F2E5.jpeg
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

BostonCharlie wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:15 pm 22mm light brown leather strap from Fossil, $8 + tax incl. free shipping (and free returns IIRC). List: $30. I picked one up to try modding it to fit one of my G-Shocks.

UPDATE: Fossil also has 25% off with newsletter signup. They mention exclusions, but I couldn't find details. Don't know what the cap is, either. I didn't include it in the price above.

https://www.fossil.com/us/en/products/2 ... 1243p.html

My leather Fossil strap arrived and it is more red than in their photo -- I like it better. It does have the built-in quick release bars, but I still plan to try modding it for my G-Shock. I'll report how that goes. The buckle is brushed stainless steel and is signed.

Fossil still has them in stock for $8 + tax incl. free shipping here.

Here are some photos:
fossil_top.jpg
fossil_bottom.jpg