We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2018 Continued

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
raheelc
MoT Member
Has thanked: 0

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2018 Continued

Post by raheelc »

ossamanity wrote:
PopePants2 wrote:
About $2500 before cash back? Seems like a great deal to me ......

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
DiscoEstScio wrote:
Nice catch :-) this was one of the pieces I was looking out for

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Oops sorry! Yea i started with Oris 65 and ended up with this. Now I have to move a lot of pieces in my current collection. As I was not planning on a big purchase right now.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't go wrong with either. I've had both the Oris 65 bronze bezel, and the Black Bay S&G, both great watches in their own right. Just know that the Black Bay has a pretty thick case compared to the 65.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

olavii
MoT Member

Post by olavii »

Boourns wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:42 am
jima wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:19 am Seriously though, Does anyone have experience with their rating of their used watches? A couple look interesting and are rated
Pre Owned. Very Good Condition.
May have light scratches. Original Box, Original Manual, Ashford 1 Year Warranty
For 50% off I might take a flyer
I bought a used Khaki Aviation from them a year or two ago. It was in really good shape and as described. I ended up returning it because the same watch, but new, went on sale for $20 more a couple days after I bought the used one. No problems with the return either, though you do pay shipping back yourself.
Mine was still wrapped in plastic. Mint condition.
oldrock427

Post by oldrock427 »

Camarodude wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:39 pm I’ve been checking out the Glycine sub Costco has, but really like the Aquarius you posted.
I need to measure my wrist, it might be too big a watch for me. Can you share the coupon code you used to get 15% off? Thanks!
I used a 15% ebay coupon that has already expired. They offer them pretty often (there has been at least one more between xmas and New Years). I had been watching this for several weeks, so I was ready to go. I do keep an amazon and e-bay "wish list" so I am ready to go when these pop. I try to look at something for a month or two before I buy. This also helps to avoid "buying the deal" instead of the watch. It doesn't always work (I impulse bought the Cos-bat, but I had been studying up on Glycine). Good luck - people are REALLY good about posting the coupons here, but some of them are only good for one day, so you need to keep up.

Maybe this will help with the size question. Here is a picture of the Aquarius on my 8 inch wrist. I am happy with the 46mm size - but YMMV.

bb_sub
MoT Member

Post by bb_sub »

Well I tried to hold out on the RG deal but I had to grab this once I saw it. Fingers crossed all works out, no Ebates check mark or invoice yet.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/se ... m/sbdc067/

Should work out to $347.21 after cash back.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

I know there are conflicting opinions as to wether the 26% applies to watches. However, if it ends up not applying is there any easy way to cancel the order? Because although I've used Rakuten a lot, I've never needed to cancel an order but I imagine it isn't quite easy to do especially through Google translate lol.

Has anyone here cancelled an order before?
Last edited by AndroidIsAwesome on Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
woodville63
MoT Member

Post by woodville63 »

I cancelled a RG order when Befrugal had a 20% cashback that only showed as 4% in my account. I replied to the email from the seller explaining my predicament and they apologised for my inconvenience. Very straightforward.
N8G
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by N8G »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:30 pm I know there is conflicting opinions as to wether the 26% applies to watches. However, if it ends up not applying is there any easy way to cancel the order? Because although I've used Rakuten a lot, I've never needed to cancel an order but I imagine it isn't quite easy to do especially through Google translate lol.

I canceled a fairly high-dollar order from Nanaple when they were messing around with the order and payment, and then tried to get me to complete the order outside of Rakuten. Similar story with Gallery Rare after they disclosed a scratch on the bracelet clasp. Usually they will confirm with you before they actually process the payment through so you should be able to cancel fairly easily if the 26% isn't showing. I wouldn't ever pay before the cash back posts anyway.
bb_sub
MoT Member

Post by bb_sub »

Has anyone gotten the confirmation from Ebates yet that the 26% hit your account?
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

N8G wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:30 pm I know there is conflicting opinions as to wether the 26% applies to watches. However, if it ends up not applying is there any easy way to cancel the order? Because although I've used Rakuten a lot, I've never needed to cancel an order but I imagine it isn't quite easy to do especially through Google translate lol.

I canceled a fairly high-dollar order from Nanaple when they were messing around with the order and payment, and then tried to get me to complete the order outside of Rakuten. Similar story with Gallery Rare after they disclosed a scratch on the bracelet clasp. Usually they will confirm with you before they actually process the payment through so you should be able to cancel fairly easily if the 26% isn't showing. I wouldn't ever pay before the cash back posts anyway.
Good to know. I guess in the future I will always use PayPal for paying. In the past I had no issue with paying via credit card through Rakuten, but because of that they decide when to process the payment, not me.
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Some nice Rakuten Seiko deals for budgets of all kinds (prices are net after rebate):

All watches have been price checked and are cheaper than you can find at most of the "regular" places bargain-hunters like ourselves check.

The only point of contention would possibly be with the Mini-Turtles, where shipping cost may outweigh the savings. This would be true of any watch deal on the more budget-side of the spectrum.

Seiko Mini-Turtles In Different Flavors for $237-$261 (including the PADI version):

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bri ... /srpc39k1/

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bri ... /srpc37k1/

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sei ... /srpc41k1/

Jade Sumos and Monsters SZSC004 & SZSC005 (limited editions) for $348:

Sumo

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/one ... m/szsc004/

Monster

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/one ... m/szsc005/

SARW011 Enamel Dial for $648:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pha ... m/sarw011/

SBDC065 Baby Marine Master LE for $869:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/10k ... em/143425/

SBDB011 Marine Master Professional Spring Drive for $2720:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/10k ... em/129684/

Also just in general - Your experience on Rakuten will honestly greatly depend on the vendor you buy from. I have bought from a few different sellers (a couple of which are linked above), who had great customer service and had the transactions go extraordinarily smoothly. Others have tried to pull some funny stuff and I've had to cancel. I only usually buy brand new JDM model watches, so buying from authorized dealers may be a factor here, since I'm not buying from independent sellers.
Last edited by flypanam on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scruffy believes in this forum
DiscoEstScio
MoT Member

Post by DiscoEstScio »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:I know there is conflicting opinions as to wether the 26% applies to watches. However, if it ends up not applying is there any easy way to cancel the order? Because although I've used Rakuten a lot, I've never needed to cancel an order but I imagine it isn't quite easy to do especially through Google translate lol.

Ask the seller to cancel (or ignore the email with payment link).

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Well one of you I'm sure just bought the Oris I was looking at buying lol. Which of you was it [emoji102]

PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

Who else is eagerly awaiting MOT's monthly stats?!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Actually, disregard the Mini-Turtles in my above post. Found a better place for those interested... and it's actually.. Walmart of all places!

J-models are available for relatively bargain prices right now:

Black dial SRPC37J1 for $275, blue dial SRPC39J1 for $271. These prices match the lowest eBay prices, and beat camelx3, but walmart also has 5% cashback with ebates / 10% cashback with BeFrugal.

With the 10%, this brings prices below $250 . If you're an eBates loyalist, it's still less than $260, and shipping is free CONUS.

Update - eBates only has 1% for watches, but BeFrugal has 6.5% cash back for watches and jewelry. Would bring the price for the blue dial to $254 plus free shipping.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Seiko-Prospe ... /781910384

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Seiko-Prospe ... /175492994

Last edited by flypanam on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scruffy believes in this forum
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:I know there are conflicting opinions as to wether the 26% applies to watches. However, if it ends up not applying is there any easy way to cancel the order? Because although I've used Rakuten a lot, I've never needed to cancel an order but I imagine it isn't quite easy to do especially through Google translate lol.

If PayPal is the medium, you just don’t pay it.