As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2018 Continued

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2018 Continued

Post by yinzburgher »

flypanam wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:26 pm Actually, disregard the Mini-Turtles in my above post. Found a better place for those interested... and it's actually.. Walmart of all places!

J-models are available for relatively bargain prices right now:

Black dial SRPC37J1 for $275, blue dial SRPC39J1 for $271. These prices match the lowest eBay prices, and beat camelx3, but walmart also has 5% cashback with ebates / 10% cashback with BeFrugal.

With the 10%, this brings prices below $250 . If you're an eBates loyalist, it's still less than $260, and shipping is free CONUS.
$258 if you buy directly from Discount Shop. Walmart is currently 1% for watches on Ebates but I'm not sure if that includes watches sold by other vendors or only the ones directly from walmart.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

CERTINA DS- 1 Automatic C006-407-11-058-00 - $249 from Ashford

Get 3% cash back through Ebates.

LINK TO THE WATCH HERE

Robotaz
MoT Member

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2018 Continued

Post by Robotaz »

Robotaz wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:I know there are conflicting opinions as to wether the 26% applies to watches. However, if it ends up not applying is there any easy way to cancel the order? Because although I've used Rakuten a lot, I've never needed to cancel an order but I imagine it isn't quite easy to do especially through Google translate lol.

Has anyone here cancelled an order before?
If PayPal is the medium, you just don’t pay it.

If you go that route, please leave a polite message for the vendors that GR or ebates stiffed you. They deserve an explanation. I think of Chino and those are good people. Stiffing them with no response is against everything we’re doing here.
Last edited by Robotaz on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

ARMAND NICOLET S05 Titanium Automatic T610AGN-GR-MT612 - $749 from Ashford

Get 3% cash back from Ebates.

LINK TO THE WATCH HERE

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Robotaz wrote:
Robotaz wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:I know there are conflicting opinions as to wether the 26% applies to watches. However, if it ends up not applying is there any easy way to cancel the order? Because although I've used Rakuten a lot, I've never needed to cancel an order but I imagine it isn't quite easy to do especially through Google translate lol.

Has anyone here cancelled an order before?
If PayPal is the medium, you just don’t pay it.

If you go that route, please leave a polite message for the vendors that GR or ebates stiffed you. They deserve an explanation. I think of Chino and those are good people. Stiffing them with no response is against everything we’re doing here.
Yes I would of course do that. Last thing I'd want is for people to buy things at my store, therefore removing the listing only for them not to buy it
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:38 pm
flypanam wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:26 pm Actually, disregard the Mini-Turtles in my above post. Found a better place for those interested... and it's actually.. Walmart of all places!

J-models are available for relatively bargain prices right now:

Black dial SRPC37J1 for $275, blue dial SRPC39J1 for $271. These prices match the lowest eBay prices, and beat camelx3, but walmart also has 5% cashback with ebates / 10% cashback with BeFrugal.

With the 10%, this brings prices below $250 . If you're an eBates loyalist, it's still less than $260, and shipping is free CONUS.
$258 if you buy directly from Discount Shop. Walmart is currently 1% for watches on Ebates but I'm not sure if that includes watches sold by other vendors or only the ones directly from walmart.
I stand corrected. Thank you!

Also, BeFrugal is 6.5% for watches. Still brings the price a little cheaper than discountshop.com, but at this point it's either-or. Either way, better deal than Rakuten Global when you factor in shipping.
Scruffy believes in this forum
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:46 pm CERTINA DS- 1 Automatic C006-407-11-058-00 - $249 from Ashford

Get 3% cash back through Ebates.

LINK TO THE WATCH HERE

Sweet. I'm digging smaller watches these days. 39mm x 12mm, 100m WR, sapphire crystal, exhibition back, the crystal appears to be beveled and raised -- good thing it's tough sapphire, ETA 2824-2 movement.

Alt. POV courtesy of Jomashop (special price: $279) (doesn't that crystal look raised?):
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BostonCharlie wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:03 pm Alt. POV courtesy of Jomashop (special price: $279) (doesn't that crystal look raised?):
Slightly raised I think judging by reflections on this and a few other google images but tough to tell.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:49 am Ball Trainmaster Automatic for $849. Retail $1999. Camel3x $1075. Best eBay price $999.
https://bit.ly/2BQDG4Q ImageImage

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
If it weren’t for the day I would really love this watch. I hate having to set the day on an automatic. Yeah, I know...first world problems.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Raven has 15% off all watches. Use code 15for2018.

https://ravenwatches.com
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Elkins45 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:47 pm
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:49 am Ball Trainmaster Automatic for $849. Retail $1999. Camel3x $1075. Best eBay price $999.
https://bit.ly/2BQDG4Q ImageImage

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
If it weren’t for the day I would really love this watch. I hate having to set the day on an automatic. Yeah, I know...first world problems.
Don't ever look at any of the dates on my photos I post to the WRUW thread. I never set the date. :D
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

My Aragon Divemaster arrived today! It's the NH36 version, which was snagged for $88 + $12 shipping during their sale.

Well, let me say I didn't expect much but I'm impressed. The watch is weighty, in both a good and bad way. Weighs slightly less than my Ecozilla (which is on rubber but still weighs more overall), slightly more than my Sumo. The purple color is absolutely brilliant. Love the sunburst dial and the glossy finish of the bezel. My cell phone pics don't do it justice. The movement needs no introduction or review.

Nice surprises include the quality of the bracelet, which includes solid end-links, a push-button deployant clasp, and overall very solid feel. It's a very comfortable bracelet despite the heft, and I prefer it to most OEM seiko bracelets, including the ones on Turtles, Monsters, and Sumos. Another great surprise is the exhibition caseback, which shows a minimally decorated movement, but still a cool feature. Finally, the signed crown is actually engraved quite deeply, not just etched or painted.

At 45mm (same case size as a Sumo), the watch sits just fine on my 7.25" wrist thanks to the lug curvature, which is similar to how my Sumo wears. The aragon does sit a fair bit higher.

The lume is alright just not "great". But this watch is a budget watch so whatever. The lume on the hands is brighter than on the dial. Overall, it's probably most comparable to my Squale, with brighter hand lume and dimmer dial lume on the Aragon, however the Squale is more "even". Aragon lume also fades faster. Included a comparison picture.

The brushing on the case is serviceable, but not exactly great quality. But again.. at this price... who can complain? Bezel clicks aren't thunderous, but the bezel itself feels solid overall with almost no play. Also, the bezel and chapter ring are perfectly aligned, which can't always be said of Seiko watches.

Otherwise, it's honestly a pretty cool watch. Kind of a budget Sumo alternative. Can't be beat at the price I paid. It's currently still on sale, not at $88, but at its current price of $128, it's still not a bad deal at all.

Link for anyone interested: https://www.aragonwatch.com/DIVEMASTER_ ... _s/274.htm

Pics:

And on that note... I'm more or less signing off for the night! Might stop by if new years festivities slow down at any point. But I hope everyone has an enjoyable new years eve!

Scruffy believes in this forum
john_s
MoT Member

Post by john_s »

Unbelievably fast delivery from Creation Watches. Fitted the bracelet and wore this one to a New Years party tonight. Initial impressions are very positive!

Last edited by john_s on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodville63
MoT Member

Post by woodville63 »

Robotaz wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:51 pm If you go that route, please leave a polite message for the vendors that GR or ebates stiffed you. They deserve an explanation. I think of Chino and those are good people. Stiffing them with no response is against everything we’re doing here.
Especially if you go back a week later to buy the same watch from them using Ebates instead of Befrugal cashback. :D

I don't know whether to be happy or sad that I can't identify a watch to buy with the 26% cashback. :roll:
Pachuco76
MoT Member

Post by Pachuco76 »

Can anyone tell me if $229 is a goodprice for the Glycine Incursore 3922? Looking at Glycine Direct on Ebay. Heard good things about them but read somewhere they changed movements. Would like to ad a Cali dial to my collection. Thanks in advance.