Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2018 Continued

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
wake
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2018 Continued

Post by wake »

Received my order confirmation from seiko specialty store.... no Ebates acknowledgement yet though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
wake
MoT Member

Post by wake »

RG now @ 12%

cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

For those that have access to a .edu email address, Garmi fēnix 5X Plus
Sapphire, Black with Black Band
Model# 010-01989-00 is $357 + Tax after discount using Unidays 35% student discount:
https://www.myunidays.com/US/en-US/part ... iew/online
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/60322 ... 0-01989-00#
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

wake wrote:RG now @ 12%

And yet again I spent too long deciding between watches to buy that I missed out completely. Second month in a row I've done that -_-
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

wake wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:03 pm RG now @ 12%
Wow, that was quick! I was just watching video reviews on that green Sumo. Beautiful looking watch! But alas the deal is gone now and I've got enough divers any way. Now I wait to see if my one purchase actually goes through. I am not optimistic. Too many opportunities for it to get screwed up... Whelp, time to put the computer away and spend some time with family and not hunting deals!
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

I guess it's good that I didn't place the order for that SBGH037 that I was drooling over for the past 24 hours! It would have required too drastic of a restructuring of my current watches.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
wahlaoeh
MoT Member

Post by wahlaoeh »

wake wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:51 pm Received my order confirmation from seiko specialty store.... no Ebates acknowledgement yet though....

same here. I am now in touch with Ebates to confirm my purchase. Ebates is not reliable at all

I created a Ebates Shopping Trip on my Chrome browser with a Ebates extension and the extension even confirmed my purchase/ cashback
Blue
MoT Member

Post by Blue »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:10 pm

And yet again I spent too long deciding between watches to buy that I missed out completely. Second month in a row I've done that -_-
It's ok, there's always another deal around the corner...

Happy new year everyone!
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.” ― Akira Kurosawa
wake
MoT Member

Post by wake »

wahlaoeh wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:31 pm
wake wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:51 pm Received my order confirmation from seiko specialty store.... no Ebates acknowledgement yet though....

same here. I am now in touch with Ebates to confirm my purchase. Ebates is not reliable at all

I created a Ebates Shopping Trip on my Chrome browser with a Ebates extension and the extension even confirmed my purchase/ cashback
I thought I would wait until I get my email with paypal invoice information. I've always done it this way, have you had any luck using the confirmation email only before?
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Blue wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:10 pm

It's ok, there's always another deal around the corner...

Happy new year everyone!
Haha that's true. I guess another way to look at it is I've saved twice as much money so my next purchase will have to be twice as large to equalize everything right?

I'm looking at you Seamaster 300....
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Elkins45 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:47 pm

If it weren’t for the day I would really love this watch. I hate having to set the day on an automatic. Yeah, I know...first world problems.
Not only do I really dislike a date window at 4:30, but this one has a 4:30 date AND a day window at 3.
Who signed off on that design?!?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Camarodude
MoT Member

Post by Camarodude »

oldrock427 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:05 pm
Camarodude wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:39 pm I’ve been checking out the Glycine sub Costco has, but really like the Aquarius you posted.
I need to measure my wrist, it might be too big a watch for me. Can you share the coupon code you used to get 15% off? Thanks!
I used a 15% ebay coupon that has already expired. They offer them pretty often (there has been at least one more between xmas and New Years). I had been watching this for several weeks, so I was ready to go. I do keep an amazon and e-bay "wish list" so I am ready to go when these pop. I try to look at something for a month or two before I buy. This also helps to avoid "buying the deal" instead of the watch. It doesn't always work (I impulse bought the Cos-bat, but I had been studying up on Glycine). Good luck - people are REALLY good about posting the coupons here, but some of them are only good for one day, so you need to keep up.

Maybe this will help with the size question. Here is a picture of the Aquarius on my 8 inch wrist. I am happy with the 46mm size - but YMMV.

Thank you old rock. Very helpful. I measured my wrist, 7-3/4. The Aquarius might be a tad big for me. Sweet watch though..
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Seiko solar Prospex diver SNE439P1, pepsi bezel, black dial, 43.5mm x 12mm, 200m WR, $170 from DiscountShop's site. Amazon: $192 from 3rd party. eBay price after DS listing: $231. List: $450. Looks like DS has disruptive prices on other Seiko solar divers, too.

https://www.discountshop.com/Seiko-Prospex-SNE439P1

Last edited by BostonCharlie on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Seiko solar Prospex coke bezel diver chronograph quartz, $184 from DiscountShop's site. Amazon: $260. eBay after DS: $261. List: $500. Model SSC617P1.

https://www.discountshop.com/Seiko-Prospex-SSC617P1

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

I'm a sucker for a moonphase watch, and this one on Massdrop caught my eye. Don't know much about the brand, but $120 for a Ronda movement, sapphire crystal, and a pretty dang good looking dial is a pretty incredible deal in my eyes. Available in steel and rose gold, white and black dials.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/carnot-riv ... h#overview

Picture from worn & wound.