We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Deals Talk

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Deals Talk

Post by PetWatch »

Discuss anything deal related.

From personal experience and related accounts by others, Black Friday has traditionally not been good in terms of finding a good deal on a sought after watch. It's much better for finding unwanted, unexpected deals that may be bought simply because its such great deal. From my perspective Cyber Monday has basically been a bust. So I don't fixate on these particular days to find wanted deals, instead I look throughout the Holiday season into spring for a better chance at finding a particular deal
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: Deals Talk

Post by PetWatch »

Crazy deals so far, more like unreal, as in fake. I supposed it's fun to some, disappointing to others, but as long as we don't get scammed out $ everything will be alright. There's always another deal down the road.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I find straps to be the deals around this time as opposed to watches. That 35% panatime deal is a solid one for Rios1931s.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

C'mon Ebay I need a code. I believe they had one right before Cyber Monday last year.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

I don't know about you guys but I've been finding great deals this week. Bought 4 watches already and now I'm about to order a bunch of straps. Last year I think deals were worse than this year
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:I don't know about you guys but I've been finding great deals this week. Bought 4 watches already and now I'm about to order a bunch of straps. Last year I think deals were worse than this year
I agree, better this year, though on a personal level it all depends on what one is looking for unless we get caught up in "the deal" excitement. I'm still on hold but I may have found something that I'll post later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

I bought two watches but neither were a Black Friday sale lol. I agree with Dub that straps are the thing to buy this season. Grabbed several Eulit perlons for 40% off from Watch Bandit.
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

I bought several discounted faux-MN straps from WatchGecko, one discounted genuine MN strap from Erika, and a Torgoen that I'd had my eye on and couldn't resist at the Black Friday price.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

larand wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:31 am I bought several discounted faux-MN straps from WatchGecko, one discounted genuine MN strap from Erika, and a Torgoen that I'd had my eye on and couldn't resist at the Black Friday price.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.
The WatchGecko MN-style straps are really nice, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Some of the standout deals we've seen:

The Eterna Kontiki's which were mostly gone before BF ranging from around $650-$800. Would like to see a comparison between this years deals the much talked about deal of a few years ago, 2016?

Victorinox Inox for about $126 on bracelet.
Citizen Promaster BN0150-10E black for $88.
LUMINOX Land Tony Kanaan for $300.
G-Shock titanium for $1140.

Many discounted straps and many other sought after watches to someone's liking.

And let's not forgot the Jet.com unheard of deals, price errors that seem be paying off.

I'm sure we will see many more good deals before year end.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Glycines been good deals too, braking $300 on up to around $400 for many models.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

For those with canceled orders from the Gemnation price error, as of yesterday credit card charge still pending.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

cortman wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:06 pm I bought two watches but neither were a Black Friday sale lol. I agree with Dub that straps are the thing to buy this season. Grabbed several Eulit perlons for 40% off from Watch Bandit.
I also bought one ortrich from Watch Bandit to try out the quality. Also a few from Gecko. Agree that there are good options to try something new (at least to me) for straps this season. As I bought from Barton, Panatime, CNS, etc last year, I skipped them this year as the offers were more or less the same. But they were still still good deals.
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

PetWatch wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:20 pm Some of the standout deals we've seen:

The Eterna Kontiki's which were mostly gone before BF ranging from around $650-$800. Would like to see a comparison between this years deals the much talked about deal of a few years ago, 2016?

Victorinox Inox for about $126 on bracelet.
Citizen Promaster BN0150-10E black for $88.
LUMINOX Land Tony Kanaan for $300.
G-Shock titanium for $1140.

Many discounted straps and many other sought after watches to someone's liking.

And let's not forgot the Jet.com unheard of deals, price errors that seem be paying off.

I'm sure we will see many more good deals before year end.
I expected that Ashford will have something big for Eterna in BF, but turned out not. Also for ebay, nothing really dramatic. I recalled last year, there were some 5-7% further discount on some already low prices.

In general, I felt the best deals were the Eterna as well as the FC and Oris before BF at Ashford. I held up a bit and skipped one to two Kontiki, a FC runabout and an Oris BC3, hoping that there would be more models or lower prices. Should pulled the trigger at least on one of those. I should picked the VSA INOX as well. Anyway, it wasn't a bad thing to my wallet.

For Glycine, I have been eyeing an Airman on Ashford. I believe it's cheaper than last year but not so much. That's why I am still on the fence. Having said that, the price is very low to be fair. May be I am spoiled by better deals.

I bought two Etetna, one FC and a bundle of straps so far. Satisfied in general. To me, this season was better than last year. As said, it's subjective in the end depending on personal preference.

Let's see whether there will be surprises in the coming holiday. But honestly, I don't expect much, in particular it looks like Ashford is running out of stocks for my favorite brands.
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

MLTD.com brought back their 40% off code, which matches the highest I can recall them offering in the past, so a win for bas horlogerie.