We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Deals Talk

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Deals Talk

Post by yinzburgher »

This CWS thing with Alpinas is a total mistake but it will be fun to watch. It's only supposed to be for a couple Alpina quartz chronos but I think it works on every single watch on the site.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

yinzburgher wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:44 pm This CWS thing with Alpinas is a total mistake but it will be fun to watch. It's only supposed to be for a couple Alpina quartz chronos but I think it works on every single watch on the site.
Yup.

If I get the watch I ordered, score! If not, it's still fun to play the game.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

ManOnTime wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:46 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:44 pm This CWS thing with Alpinas is a total mistake but it will be fun to watch. It's only supposed to be for a couple Alpina quartz chronos but I think it works on every single watch on the site.
Yup.

If I get the watch I ordered, score! If not, it's still fun to play the game.
This one is only 99 cents and I still don't think anyone will buy it.

https://www.certifiedwatchstore.com/ber ... 9-402.html
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I'm just having fun adding Timex to my cart and watch the price stay zero. I'm all in. :lol:

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Want to see the look on the faces at CWS when they start pulling the weekend orders.

Priceless.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:35 pm Want to see the look on the faces at CWS when they start pulling the weekend orders.

Priceless.
Agreed....I like that gif. I'm wondering how long until they fix or take down that code. I think it could even happen at any moment. Someone at CWS must be a bit of a night owl. I knew that it was common for them to add new stock to the site in the evening. But I've realized more recently that sometimes they are still making changes in the middle of the night......after midnight. I'm picturing a facepalm and an "oh vey!" tonight or in the morning.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

TheJohnP wrote:Want to see the look on the faces at CWS when they start pulling the weekend orders.

Priceless.
I think they're used to it by now, it's not the first time their code has gone haywire.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

yinzburgher wrote:I'm just having fun adding Timex to my cart and watch the price stay zero. I'm all in. [emoji38]

That's a beautiful site to behold. May as well ask them for reimbursement to complete the $100 off each item.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

This reminds me of the time there were Omegas for basically 100% off and we all ordered them. I could've had a brand new planet ocean for $20! I forget where that was though, but sometimes it's just fun playing the lottery when you know it's not a sketchy site.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Order cancelled. Discount code not applicable. I guess an Inox is not an Alpina. Gee!

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

PetWatch wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:38 pm Order cancelled. Discount code not applicable. I guess an Inox is not an Alpina. Gee!

-------

An Alpina is not an Alpina.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

VCheng wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:54 am Sure, no rush. Looking forward to knowing your opinion.
Sorry for the late reply, but I still have not worn any of my year end holiday purchases. May still take a while so I'll start with some preliminary info. Both have a nice semi gloss brushed finish with a mat finish on the sloping angular bezel side. I really like the case on these, perfect look for a tough tool watch with varying angular slopes and angles. The black case looks like a light gray charcoal color in many lighting conditions. Both dials are very easy to read, good bright lume close to Seiko lume. The green dial is two tone, with very good color intensity in sunlight, more pale in low light. Haven't worn them, but size, weight and shape tells me it should be comfortable. Heard mixed reviews on the strap, easy fix if it's not suitable. There is another model with a black dial, stainless case and very nice bracelet that may be the pick of the lot, but I'm looking for something different, either the green or black one to diversify my collection.

Started a thread here with some photos to help me decide. Hope this is of some help, any questions let me know.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1550
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Thanks to a good haul over the end of year holidays, I find myself in an unusual position these days. I seem to be drifting, direction unknown without any highly sought after watch to chase. Not that there aren't any of interest, they are simply not must-haves.
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:33 pm Thanks to a good haul over the end of year holidays, I find myself in an unusual position these days. I seem to be drifting, direction unknown without any highly sought after watch to chase. Not that there aren't any of interest, they are simply not must-haves.
Well said. I had been in such stage for twice in my 20-year journey in this hobby. The first one lasted for about four years, and the second one for two. Trust me, you will back to the track again, just don't know when. Wish it won't be too long. Cheers.
MercifulFate
MoT Member

Post by MercifulFate »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:33 pm Thanks to a good haul over the end of year holidays, I find myself in an unusual position these days. I seem to be drifting, direction unknown without any highly sought after watch to chase. Not that there aren't any of interest, they are simply not must-haves.
That's just a sign you have a killer collection