How to get deals on Ebay

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: How to get deals on Ebay

Post by Sporkboy »

col.steve wrote:I've had good luck with offering when no BIN is happening. Dont lowball, offer more than a lowballer would. Most people want money sooner rather than later!

Mislabeled or under described has happened a couple of times, my $11 moon-graph is testimony to that!

unclear on why used deals are not allowed in the main deal forum? is that because no money to be made from affiliate links as private sellers don't do affiliate stuff?
I think that it is just that they can’t me used in the statistics. Refurbished watch deals are fair game though. I think it also has to do with the limited nature of one offs. However, I think that Rakuten links show up from time to time and a lot of those are used.

There are other places on the site where you can link to eBay listings if you like.
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Is there a way to filter out sellers from a certain country? When searching vintage or otherwise, my search results are inundated with franken watches from India. If I could just exclude sellers from India from my searches, it would make searching so much simpler. Any thoughts or ways around it? I don't just want to limit my search to North America.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Rabirnie wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:52 am Is there a way to filter out sellers from a certain country? When searching vintage or otherwise, my search results are inundated with franken watches from India. If I could just exclude sellers from India from my searches, it would make searching so much simpler. Any thoughts or ways around it? I don't just want to limit my search to North America.
I would love it if this is possible, and for the exact same reason.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

ManOnTime wrote:
Rabirnie wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:52 am Is there a way to filter out sellers from a certain country? When searching vintage or otherwise, my search results are inundated with franken watches from India. If I could just exclude sellers from India from my searches, it would make searching so much simpler. Any thoughts or ways around it? I don't just want to limit my search to North America.
You can include a particular country, but you can’t exclude them for some reason. If you have a general target ‘region’ try the eBay site for that location as they will have different built in inclusion zones that you can choose.

Watchpalooza may have more thoughts as he seems to be pulling down a lot of EU auctions.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:58 am
ManOnTime wrote:
You can include a particular country, but you can’t exclude them for some reason. If you have a general target ‘region’ try the eBay site for that location as they will have different built in inclusion zones that you can choose.

Watchpalooza may have more thoughts as he seems to be pulling down a lot of EU auctions.
This is my biggest frustration with Ebay (not being able to filter out India). I tend to filter my searches to Europe only, since Worldwide also results in VAT here.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sporkboy
MoT Member

How to get deals on Ebay

Post by Sporkboy »

Looking at the API documentation for eBay and I haven’t found anything useful yet. If the ability exists, it is probably linked to the country code page if anyone is so interested. https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/ ... etype.html
Sporkboy
MoT Member

How to get deals on Ebay

Post by Sporkboy »

Unrelated to the country filtering issue,has anyone used www.SearchSiren.com to set up frequent automated searches? It throws out an email once the search gets a hit and can search up to once every 30 minutes. Seems like it might be useful.
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

Sorry for a bit side tracking. Talking about India, how about Italy. There are also plenty of Italian sellers on the bay. Are they legitimate or reliable in general?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

VCheng wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:30 am Sorry for a bit side tracking. Talking about India, how about Italy. There are also plenty of Italian sellers on the bay. Are they legitimate or reliable in general?
I have purchased a few watches from Italian sellers with no issues.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Back when I sold more on Ebay years ago, I believe the issue with Italy was their postal system. Either packages were lost in transit or some such. So eventually you were out from the item sold and PayPal refunding the buyer. It was easier not to sell to Italy as opposed to buying from there.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find