We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Don't forget Coupon Cabin and Retail me not

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
CVP33
MoT Member

Don't forget Coupon Cabin and Retail me not

Post by CVP33 »

In addition to all of the % rebate folks (ebates, befrugal, topcash, etc.), Retailmenot and Coupon Cabin are getting in the game with cash rebates. Recently used these to double and triple dip some watch deals. Most I've seen for Amazon rebates is 3% on watches. Retail me not gave $10 back on $100 purchase. Same for Kohl's.The best part was during the month of December Discover Card also gave 5% cashback on Amazon purchases.

Coupon Cabin gave me 15% off a one-time purchase at WalMart. I bought 2 Seiko bracelets for $90 and they gave me $13.50 back. They also gave me another $1 for downloading their app. The payment already cleared and I deleted the app. LOL

Anyway, just sharing more ways to save.

CVP33
MoT Member

Re: Don't forget Coupon Cabin and Retail me not

Post by CVP33 »

Another way to double, triple dip is the following:

1) Buy gift cards through a rebate site. I'm sure there are better deals, but I use RetailMeNot for 2% cashback on ebay cards.
2) You can still do a link through from another rebate site. I like TopCash because the rebate for ebay is 1.5% on ALL categories.
3) Wait for a % off deal from ebay, like right now with 8% off. (wish it was 10%/15%, but it's not)

The payoff? I've been working with a Singapore/Philippines based seller to create me 7 Seiko Mods + source a V1 Orange Monster. Total bill for all 8 watches is $1,095.

Effective cost will be:

$1,095.00
- $87.60 (8% ebay cashback)
- $16.43 (1.5% TopCash rebate)
- $20 (2% gift cards purchased through retailmenot)

NET $970.97 saved $124.03
flypanam
MoT Member

Re: Don't forget Coupon Cabin and Retail me not

Post by flypanam »

I'll also add that "Honey" offers several things for frugal shoppers. There's the old-school joinhoney.com. There's an easy to use browser extension. They have a databank of user-reported coupons for various sites, and if you checkout on a web store using your browser, the extension will automatically pop up and remind you to check the coupons, and can in sequence attempt to apply its whole databank of coupons automatically to get you the best deal. They also offer cashback as well as reward points of their own. Be aware that you can only use one cashback app/site at a time, and if (for example) you have ebates cashback active, if you use Honey to try to find a coupon, you may be logged out off from your ebates "trip" even if you don't go with Honey's cashback, so you'll need to re-login.
Scruffy believes in this forum