We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Talk me out of this deal!

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Talk me out of this deal!

Post by TheJohnP »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:15 pm
How often do you even wear the Kemmner?
Actually wearing it today to help remind me I don't need another square watch. Haha
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Thanks everyone!
Knew I could count on the MoT community.
Feel I have resisted temptation and letting another enthusiast enjoy the Hammy.

The knocks on the Kemmner felt a little unwarranted, but I did start this thread after all.

On to the next member and watch purchase dilemma...
Click Icon To Contact Me

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

TheJohnP wrote:Thanks everyone!
Knew I could count on the MoT community.
Feel I have resisted temptation and letting another enthusiast enjoy the Hammy.

The knocks on the Kemmner felt a little unwarranted, but I did start this thread after all.

On to the next member and watch purchase dilemma...
I agree, in the same spirit as WPAC bashes, the watch in question should receive the bashing, and never one already in the collection. For what it's worth, I am not usually a fan of square watches, but that Kemmner is stunning. I really like the lines of the case and think it's an overall sharp looking watch. I may need to post it up for bashing so I don't buy one!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

LOL, this thread is hilarious!

@robotazky
wahlaoeh
MoT Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by wahlaoeh »

Looks like a T Rex

Big body tiny hands

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

deckeda wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:52 pm I think I can do better. I've never even heard of Kenmore watches and I like the look of that one better.

Does that help?

I may have misspelled the name of the watch. :)
Leave the watch, take the vacuum cleaner.

Kenmore, :D
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
deckeda
MoT Member

Post by deckeda »

tommy_boy wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:09 pm Leave the watch, take the vacuum cleaner.
... take the cannoli
Dale90
MoT Member

Post by Dale90 »

Alright guys! I’ll play.

I’ve been looking for a bronze watch for a few months now. I originally thought I wanted a pilot. Now I think I want a diver!

So I’m currently trying to decide between 2.

Zelos mako diver.
Tsao Baltimore torsk diver.

They issues I have with the Zelos is the 40mm case. I generally find 40mm too small. I know it is a classic size but to me that size on other models just feels to small. Unfortunately I don’t want to stretch the budget to a Zelos great white.

My issue with the tsao torsk is that I really don’t know a lot about the brand. This is also a pre-order so the watch won’t be ready until around July. The torsk has the price advantage.

So I guess my question is which would you guys chose. Or is there a different watch you would suggest to satisfy my bronze itch? My max budget would be $500usd. With the incredibly weak Australian dollar I don’t want to go much higher if possible.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Dale90 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:31 pm Alright guys! I’ll play.

I’ve been looking for a bronze watch for a few months now. I originally thought I wanted a pilot. Now I think I want a diver!

Zelos mako diver.

They issues I have with the Zelos is the 40mm case. I generally find 40mm too small. I know it is a classic size but to me that size on other models just feels to small. Unfortunately I don’t want to stretch the budget to a Zelos great white.

My issue with the tsao torsk is that I really don’t know a lot about the brand. This is also a pre-order so the watch won’t be ready until around July. The torsk has the price advantage.

So I guess my question is which would you guys chose. Or is there a different watch you would suggest to satisfy my bronze itch? My max budget would be $500usd. With the incredibly weak Australian dollar I don’t want to go much higher if possible.
Not an expert, but I recall some bronze Glycine being posted in the deals thread. Here are some for ~$400 USD from glycine-direct. Your choice of 42mm or 48mm:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=gl ... e&_sacat=0

You can also still find some Invicta bronze divers for under $100 USD, like this one that was recently posted to the deals thread:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Invicta-25646- ... 2778246526
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Zelos mako diver.

Evine has some other colors of the Invicta available. Get 15% off with the WELCOME code or 20% with a referral link from an existing customer.

https://www.evine.com/Product/647-338

I really like this Nethuns SCUBA 500 but think the price is too high. They have other bronze watches too.

http://www.nethunswatch.com/collection/ ... ONZE/SB531

I often come across the San Martin watches below on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/31387/i.html?_ ... itleDesc=0

I also really like both Venus brass watches, both a diver and a pilot.

https://ventuswatches.com/
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Zelos mako diver.

First, let's put some pics with the post.
Not sure which dial color you're interested in but just including the one with black for reference.

Zelos Mako - https://zeloswatches.com/collections/mako-500m-diver
[img][/img]

Tsao Baltimore Torsk diver - https://www.torskdiver.com/
[img][/img]

Now let's talk about each.
Zelos
* If you feel the 40mm is going to be too small for the Zelos, you're going to be right. Divers tend to wear even smaller because of the bezel. So it will likely look like a kid's watch on your wrist.
* Dial seems too busy with the pattern for a typical diver/tool watch.
* The crown guard/crown at 4 look like it would be hard to adjust time. But that's me.
* Pricing is high, even with your budget. If you're unsure of a 40mm and need to flip it, doubt you're going to get your cost back when you resell it.

Tsao
* For me, looks better overall. But the hands seems a bit off and not sure about the shape of those lugs. The crown/crown guard at 2 seem a little better executed than the Zelos.
* Major concern is the preorder/wait. Best case is that it will be ready in July assuming no production delays. You can find another watch in the time you'd be waiting on the Torsk.
* From what I've read, Tsao has a good reputation. But then again, not a lot of people tend to talk about them.
* Starting price is said to be $350, but guessing that only applies to the stainless models. Unless you know different for preorder pricing for bronze.

Overall, I'd take BostonCharlie's suggestion and go for the Invicta bronze diver.
Everyone whom I've read that has bought one absolutely loves it. And for around $100 or less, that is much better way to satisfy an itch to ensure if something you really want to keep.
And if your problem is the name and brand of Invicta, consider this - to just about any regular person, Invicta make good watches. Granted, many WIS have issues with Invicta, but how often do you actually run into a WIS in the real world? Save some money, get a solid bronze watch and go for the Invicta.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Dale90
MoT Member

Post by Dale90 »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:44 pm

Zelos mako diver.

First, let's put some pics with the post.
Not sure which dial color you're interested in but just including the one with black for reference.

Zelos Mako - https://zeloswatches.com/collections/mako-500m-diver
[img][/img]

Tsao Baltimore Torsk diver - https://www.torskdiver.com/
[img][/img]

Now let's talk about each.
Zelos
* If you feel the 40mm is going to be too small for the Zelos, you're going to be right. Divers tend to wear even smaller because of the bezel. So it will likely look like a kid's watch on your wrist.
* Dial seems too busy with the pattern for a typical diver/tool watch.
* The crown guard/crown at 4 look like it would be hard to adjust time. But that's me.
* Pricing is high, even with your budget. If you're unsure of a 40mm and need to flip it, doubt you're going to get your cost back when you resell it.

Tsao
* For me, looks better overall. But the hands seems a bit off and not sure about the shape of those lugs. The crown/crown guard at 2 seem a little better executed than the Zelos.
* Major concern is the preorder/wait. Best case is that it will be ready in July assuming no production delays. You can find another watch in the time you'd be waiting on the Torsk.
* From what I've read, Tsao has a good reputation. But then again, not a lot of people tend to talk about them.
* Starting price is said to be $350, but guessing that only applies to the stainless models. Unless you know different for preorder pricing for bronze.

Overall, I'd take BostonCharlie's suggestion and go for the Invicta bronze diver.
Everyone whom I've read that has bought one absolutely loves it. And for around $100 or less, that is much better way to satisfy an itch to ensure if something you really want to keep.
And if your problem is the name and brand of Invicta, consider this - to just about any regular person, Invicta make good watches. Granted, many WIS have issues with Invicta, but how often do you actually run into a WIS in the real world? Save some money, get a solid bronze watch and go for the Invicta.

Thank you for the advice everyone, and thank you for attaching photos. I was on my phone and it just wasn't working for me!
I appreciate the suggestions but I really think I'm leaning towards the Torsk. I love the price tag of the Invicta, but it is just not doing it for me.
The bronze Torsk will be $350 according to the kickstarter pricing, the same as the stainless model. I am also hoping that the wait time will stop me from making further watch purchases as I have one on the way. Fingers crossed!