The Ebay discount code and Ebay bucks thread.

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
pneuma2018
MoT Member

Re: The Ebay discount code and Ebay bucks thread.

Post by pneuma2018 »

Tokei-ski wrote:10% Ebay bucks in app, 8% everywhere else. Expires 5th February 23:59 PST
I didn't see it in mine.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Got it!
Franko
MoT Member

Post by Franko »

Is Ebay ever going to issue a code this year? Geez!
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Seems like eBay is really pinching their pennies this year. Only thing I've noticed since December is the FUNFIVE code for just $5 off, which is targeted. Then again, looks like the coupon codes didn't start until March last year. Maybe they're waiting for the end of the first quarter? Or maybe 2018 was just an experiment to see if coupons would increase eBay's bottom-line.
Scruffy believes in this forum
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

flypanam wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:11 pm Seems like eBay is really pinching their pennies this year. Only thing I've noticed since December is the FUNFIVE code for just $5 off, which is targeted. Then again, looks like the coupon codes didn't start until March last year. Maybe they're waiting for the end of the first quarter? Or maybe 2018 was just an experiment to see if coupons would increase eBay's bottom-line.
Or they're assuming Jan/Feb is when most people tend to pay off all their holiday shopping?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:18 pm
flypanam wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:11 pm Seems like eBay is really pinching their pennies this year. Only thing I've noticed since December is the FUNFIVE code for just $5 off, which is targeted. Then again, looks like the coupon codes didn't start until March last year. Maybe they're waiting for the end of the first quarter? Or maybe 2018 was just an experiment to see if coupons would increase eBay's bottom-line.
Or they're assuming Jan/Feb is when most people tend to pay off all their holiday shopping?
That's the kind of optimistic attitude I love about this place!
Scruffy believes in this forum
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

I'm drawing a line in the sand. I'm not buying another watch until I see 15% OFF. Unless they do 10%, that's pretty good. Well really 8%. 8% is good. Oh crap.......they got me.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

[img][/img]

Coupon details for the 3/12/19 eBay app coupon code.

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2019/0312/ ... 4835473245

15% Off Your Cart!*
Today only! Save in-app with code PSAVETODAY by 7pm PT.
No minimum purchase.

Max $100 off. *Excludes tech and select categories.

How to redeem your Coupon:
Coupon is only valid when you buy within the latest version of the eBay Mobile App on iOS or Android.
Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions).
Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PSAVETODAY
Pay for your item by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on March 12, 2019
Terms & Conditions:
This Coupon is a 15% discount, valid from 5:00 AM Pacific Time on March 12, 2019 until 7:00 PM Pacific Time on March 12, 2019. No minimum purchase required. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on the latest version of the eBay app. *Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Computers & Electronics, Musical Instruments & Gear, Cameras & Photo, Cell Phones & Accessories, Computers/Tablets & Networking, Consumer Electronics, Video Games & Consoles, Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, Vehicles in eBay Motors, and Real Estate categories. Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one redemption per user.

Only eBay users registered on ebay.​com, ebay.​ca and cafr.ebay.​ca, with an address located in the United States, Canada, Latin America or the Caribbean are eligible for the Coupon. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

Coupon is subject to U.S. laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time including in response to fraudulent activity.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Great thread. Thank you for starting it. Do the discount codes for ebay.com apply to USA addresses only like the one above? Have they ever been available for people like me outside the USA? my local ebay site is pretty hopeless when it comes to any significant discount.
Techme
MoT Member

Post by Techme »

pgcity wrote:Great thread. Thank you for starting it. Do the discount codes for ebay.com apply to USA addresses only like the one above? Have they ever been available for people like me outside the USA? my local ebay site is pretty hopeless when it comes to any significant discount.
eBay US codes were previously accessible to outsiders with a bit of a work around. You had to set up a new account ( you don’t want your main native one getting suspended or banned), have your address in the US, but have your delivery address in your native country.

That loop hole has become difficult to exploit.

As of last year, eBay Australia started charging 10% GST on all imported goods from an OS eBay address. Eg ordering from US, China or UK. This is silly because you don’t actually have to pay any import tax unless the item over $1k. I wonder who’s pocket is being lined?

Considering it is almost always cheaper to buy watches from China and US due to the size, competitiveness and variety of their markets, I don’t bit on an eBay code unless it is 10% (cancels out the GST) or 15%.

I find myself looking more often than previously at online store other than eBay. Hence why the MOT site is valuable to me.

Sometimes I post eBay codes in the main bargain forum, but I will try to add them here too. There are currently two available, not worth mentioning though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

valuable insight.thank you for the reply.
NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Post by NapoleonDynamite »

Whilst I have occasionally seen on forums the available Australian eBay discount codes, for Australians (atleast for me), if you google "ozbargain ebay" - you'll get all of the latest Au eBay coupons currently live.
Techme
MoT Member

Post by Techme »

NapoleonDynamite wrote:Whilst I have occasionally seen on forums the available Australian eBay discount codes, for Australians (atleast for me), if you google "ozbargain ebay" - you'll get all of the latest Au eBay coupons currently live.
Yep, everything about AU eBay codes is on OzBargain. It shows if they've expired early and previews the codes before they become live.

Helpful for the codes for eBay UK and US too and their work-arounds.

Great site.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Slickdeals currently has a 10% eBay coupon (up to $25) available for select eBay accounts. Link and terms below. Heads Up courtesy of [mention]tennesseean_87[/mention].

https://slickdeals.net/f/13177513-slick ... =frontpage
The Coupon is a 10% discount, with a maximum discount of $25, valid from 12:00 AM Pacific Time on May 10, 2019 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on June 30, 2019. No minimum purchase required. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.com. Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories. Coupon can be used once per eBay account, within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited. This offer may not be stacked with other offers or coupons. eBay determines eligibility for this coupon.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

That one has been out there since May. Doubtful anyone else has a code they don't know about.