We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Watch Boxes Info

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Circustown
MoT Member

Watch Boxes Info

Post by Circustown »

I am starting to look at picking up a watch box and I was wondering if anyone has any highly recommended "bang for the buck" watch boxes or even just a decently priced box. I was looking at some of the Wolf boxes on Amazon and while I don't mind spending a little extra for a good quality product, I figured I would ask here first to see if there are any cheaper tried and true boxes out there.

Looking for an 10 watch box give or take a little. A drawer underneath for tie clips, extra bands, etc wouldn't be the worst thing either but not a deal breaker.

Feel free to drop a picture of your box/boxes here as well if you have them!
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Watch Boxes Info

Post by yinzburgher »

WATCH BOX LINK HERE

I bought this one for $50 and I'm very happy with it. Looks like there is a coupon to get it for $40 right now. No question IMO this is worth the money at $40. 4.4 average review on Amazon. My only complaint is that my collection has become too large for the watch box. :D I think there may be a glass top version of it in case you have any solar watches.

ImageImage
Samginko
MoT Member

Post by Samginko »

I installed this on the wall without the base. Well constructed and seems high quality. Only problem is that heavier watches will rotate, but I think I can solve that with little padding on the sides.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30-WATCH-CHERR ... SwVXdcNPcx
rps20190124_173131.jpg
I am guessing that, you will eventually collect 30 watches or more. If not this isn't the place for you.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

I bought a Wolf box on eBay on Black Friday. When it arrived everything was fine except that the watch pillows are loose in the compartments. It isn't really a problem, I guess, I just assumed it would be like my first Wolf watch box w/ pillows that snugged into the compartments. Another thing I didn't anticipate: the interior is black where I just assumed it would be gray like mine. Anyhow, just a couple things to check before purchasing.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Made my own to hold 300+. Two 7 drawer cabinets and some low density foam off amazon. Watch trays from jewelry supply company. I think I have $400 into them.

sistem_32
MoT Member

Post by sistem_32 »

I second the Wolf recommendation, I use an eight piece box from them (since discontinued). I would recommend subscribing to their mailing list and watching out for their holiday sales: they don't spam too much (my last email from them is from last year) and I ended up getting my box for only $30 directly through their website.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Saw this one on Etsy months ago, but never had a good reason to post it anywhere.
Sounds like a steal for $500.
Bit of sarcasm, but also a bit serious. It is a kind of cool

https://www.etsy.com/listing/653802634/ ... ch-boxled/
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Circustown
MoT Member

Post by Circustown »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:58 pm Saw this one on Etsy months ago, but never had a good reason to post it anywhere.
Sounds like a steal for $500.
Bit of sarcasm, but also a bit serious. It is a kind of cool

https://www.etsy.com/listing/653802634/ ... ch-boxled/
That box is equal part awesome and ridiculous! maybe some time in the future I could make proper use of it but I don't need anything near that extreme right now.

Are there any other reviews/opinions on the Caddy Bay boxes on Amazon? the seem to have some pretty decent values if they are solid boxes.
woodville63
MoT Member

Post by woodville63 »

Daughter's friend just bought this for her husband-to-be, https://au.louisvuitton.com/eng-au/prod ... ram-000728. Not stocked in Australia so got daughter to buy it in Hawaii and ship it to her: AUD10k after tax!!!! :o

[img]https://au.louisvuitton.com/images/is/i ... 2&hei=1362[/img]
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

For a high bang-for-buck watch box, I'd recommend going to eBay and looking for watch boxes sold by sellers acetimer (https://www.ebay.com/usr/acetimer) or apluschoice (https://www.ebay.com/usr/apluschoice).

They have a wide variety of sizes (including the 10-watch size for which you're looking, including even extra space below for more). I have personal experience buying from Acetimer. The 20-watch box was very good quality. My only disappointment was that the drawer below (10 watches sit on top, 10 below) was too low in height. For that reason, if I were to buy from them again, I'd only buy a single-story box. Either that or buy a double-story box, and use the drawer below for non-watches.

I just recently purchased an ebony 6-watch box from apluschoice, and while I haven't yet seen it, it is in possession of my brother (also a watch guy), who was very impressed with it, and who says he wants to buy one for himself (note: he has seen both boxes, I've only seen one . . . so maybe the fact that he wants to buy the apluschoice box after having seen both says something).

Sorry for all text and no photos. Still, I hope that's helpful to you. Please report back to the group what you end up buying, and what you think of it!
woodville63
MoT Member

Post by woodville63 »

Yes, watch boxes don't have to cost thousands (some people have more money than sense). I bought mine off Ebay for $30. My advice is to go for one with actual hinges and not ribbon. Looks a lot better and will last longer. I can't find the supplier in my Ebay history or emails - sorry. But it's this box, search suppliers for best price. https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Grids-Multi ... rk:38:pf:0

[img]https://des.chinabrands.com/uploads/pdm ... _50717.jpg[/img]
USMChawk
MoT Member

Post by USMChawk »

I bought both these boxes from the Etsy seller, Squartucy. The photos aren’t mine (they are from the original listings), but the boxes are; they look just like what’s shown. Great craftsmanship and an easy transaction.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Nice wood grains, USMChawk!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

One thing to look for in a box is the size of the individual watch compartments, I have found many of the cheaper one's to be quite small and not suitable for larger watches.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Another rec for Wolf. I have a 10-slot and it's good quality. I got mine on Massdrop almost two years ago.
I wish that watch were 38mm?