We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Cortman's Custom eBay Searches

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
cortman
MoT Member

Cortman's Custom eBay Searches

Post by cortman »

Per a recommendation on Discord (you really should join if you're not on already, great watch talk happening 24/7) I am posting a few of my custom ebay searches here. I'll update the post as I update and refine the search criteria. All these are sorted by time ending soonest, so you can get a better idea what the actual sale price will be and to enable impulsivity. 😈 😂

1. Solid Gold vintage watches- sorted by time ending soonest for the same reasons as above. This is for men's and women's watches, you can refine it men's easily enough. This searches for a wide variety of key words related to solid gold and excludes a lot I've come across that mean plated and otherwise. If you're interested in solid gold, there are some real deals to be had here- not inexpensive, but high value IMO.

Link: https://tinyurl.com/ycyn6urn

2. All used watches- for when you just can't get enough. Anything used, men's and unisex, with the same bad sellers excluded.

Link: https://tinyurl.com/3hcsyx53

3. Used watches with a very high likelihood of having the original box and/or paperwork. Anything used, men's and unisex, with the same bad sellers excluded.

https://tinyurl.com/2p8wx9uj

Have fun! Cortman disclaims and shall not be held liable for any financial or marital difficulties resulting from this post. 😁
Last edited by cortman on Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:47 am, edited 14 times in total.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Cortman's Custom eBay Searches

Post by TheJohnP »

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

Personally, I screen out those for bidding, just focus on those buy it now. I don't believe the sellers will fulfill with those too good to be true price to bidders. I dont have much experience in bidding though.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Blocked a bunch more sellers on the vintage search.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Thanks for pinning this! I have updated the used and vintage searches with another dozen or so sellers blocked.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

The "all watches" search has been updated with quite a few more blocked sellers and exclusions for fashion brands- nixon, guess, tommy bahama, etc.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Holy crap those are some advanced skills. You are the yoda of ebay searching.

The all used watches link not working for me, but the gold watches search does.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

watchpalooza wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:18 am Holy crap those are some advanced skills. You are the yoda of ebay searching.

The all used watches link not working for me, but the gold watches search does.
Thank you! I just realized the shorturl.at links weren't working for some reason- updated to Tinyurl and it's working fine now.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

VCheng wrote:Personally, I screen out those for bidding, just focus on those buy it now. I don't believe the sellers will fulfill with those too good to be true price to bidders. I dont have much experience in bidding though.
I usually do, but on higher end stuff like JDM Seikos you can get some great deals on auctions.
rockchalk06
MoT Member

Post by rockchalk06 »

This is dangerous :shock:
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Alright I've added a new one that I've been experimenting with lately and seems to be working pretty well- used watches with box/paperwork/full kit. It's a pretty broad search (as are most of my searches) so that you don't miss hidden gems, but the tradeoff is there's a bit more scrolling through horological chaff.
Enjoy!
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

Great resource and I appreciate the effort. Time to go digging for a gold watch.
MP83
MoT Member

Post by MP83 »

cortman wrote:Per a recommendation on Discord (you really should join if you're not on already, great watch talk happening 24/7) I am posting a few of my custom ebay searches here. I'll update the post as I update and refine the search criteria. All these are sorted by time ending soonest, so you can get a better idea what the actual sale price will be and to enable impulsivity. [emoji48] [emoji23]

1. Solid Gold vintage watches- sorted by time ending soonest for the same reasons as above. This is for men's and women's watches, you can refine it men's easily enough. This searches for a wide variety of key words related to solid gold and excludes a lot I've come across that mean plated and otherwise. If you're interested in solid gold, there are some real deals to be had here- not inexpensive, but high value IMO.

Link: https://tinyurl.com/4dryn2fz

2. All used watches- for when you just can't get enough. Anything used, men's and unisex, with the same bad sellers excluded.

Link: https://tinyurl.com/3nf9ay4p

3. Used watches with a very high likelihood of having the original box and/or paperwork. Anything used, men's and unisex, with the same bad sellers excluded.

https://tinyurl.com/mphb2jua

Have fun! Cortman disclaims and shall not be held liable for any financial or marital difficulties resulting from this post. [emoji16]
Loved going thru these searches but the links appear to be broken now, any chance you could post updated ones? Thanks again so much for sharing!!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk