Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
cortman
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Post by cortman »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:49 pm Got an email from Ocarat about a "ventes privileges," which if my Google translate it right is VIP sale.
Here's a link to all the watches (aka montres) - https://ocarat.com/ventes-privileges/?p ... y-asc/n-42

These two Raketa (the modern high dollar, Raketa) models look to be OKish deals.
Easier than ordering from Russia, right?

Raketa Copernicus, model # W-05-16-10-0265
Sale price is €1,063.33 (roughly $1,294.02)
List price without VAT is €1,208 (roughly $1,469.77)

https://ocarat.com/montre-copernicus-w- ... 58627.html

That Copernicus is breathtaking. I wish I could find some pictures of the real thing, not just renders. Either way, that's a lot!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Another deal from Ocarat is this handwinder Junghans Max Bill.
Not a good a deal as buying with the MoT Inner Circle discount at River Edge, but not too shabby.

Junghans Max Bill Handaufzug, model # 027/3702.00
Sale price is €442.71 (roughly $538.62)
List price is $795

https://ocarat.com/max-bill-handaufzug- ... 13968.html

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
jls36
MoT Member

Post by jls36 »

Nad, update on the longines conquest from Jared. After waiting a week I contacted customer service. They canceled my order and said the watch is out of stock. In general a bad experience and total lack of communication. They said try back in a week...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

jls36 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:47 pm Nad, update on the longines conquest from Jared. After waiting a week I contacted customer service. They canceled my order and said the watch is out of stock. In general a bad experience and total lack of communication. They said try back in a week...

Had the same experience with them on Bulova Banker. I used both welcome discount code and promotion. Waited for 2 weeks and called a few times. Very bad experience, would not repeat it.
jls36
MoT Member

Post by jls36 »

nicegator wrote:
jls36 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:47 pm Nad, update on the longines conquest from Jared. After waiting a week I contacted customer service. They canceled my order and said the watch is out of stock. In general a bad experience and total lack of communication. They said try back in a week...

Had the same experience with them on Bulova Banker. I used both welcome discount code and promotion. Waited for 2 weeks and called a few times. Very bad experience, would not repeat it.
Ya I was disappointed, I've been looking at that watch for a year and finally pulled the trigger. [emoji115]Zero communication from them, quite a disappointing experience. I'll have to keep my eye out as now I am on a quest to get the watch. Annoying part is their website still lists it as in stock.

BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:00 pm Another deal from Ocarat is this handwinder Junghans Max Bill.
Not a good a deal as buying with the MoT Inner Circle discount at River Edge, but not too shabby.

Junghans Max Bill Handaufzug, model # 027/3702.00
Sale price is €442.71 (roughly $538.62)
List price is $795

https://ocarat.com/max-bill-handaufzug- ... 13968.html
I just wanted to say that Ocarat is an excellent vendor. I'll have to take a look at the rest of their sale.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Clearance Vaer A5 back in stock at Huckberry.
ONE left.

Vaer Watches A5 Field Automatic
Sale price is $313.98
List price is $449

https://huckberry.com/store/vaer-watche ... -automatic

Click Icon To Contact Me

rick blaine
MoT Member

Post by rick blaine »

Well, I bought a Citizen watch from them in October. Shipped the next day, just fine. IIRC it came straight from Citizen, but I may be confused on that. Anyway, based on my experience, would certainly buy from them again, but can understand that some folks may have had less positive experiences.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

At first, didn't think this was a deal. Realized it was the small second version, so decent deal from Nordstrom Rack.

Two left!

Hamilton American Classic RailRoad Small Second Auto, model # H40515731
Sale price is $479.98
List price is $1,295

https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/hamilto ... eid=437599

Click Icon To Contact Me

recapt
MoT Member

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Post by recapt »

BillionaireDoors wrote: I just wanted to say that Ocarat is an excellent vendor. I'll have to take a look at the rest of their sale.
Has anyone ever bought a Sinn from Ocarat? Will they ship those to the US? If so, any other downsides? They have really good pricing compared to WatchBuys. I’m looking specifically at the 856 UTC on bracelet.

https://ocarat.com/856-utc-acier-sinn-19800.html

Here’s a pic to liven up this post.

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

recapt wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:45 am
BillionaireDoors wrote: I just wanted to say that Ocarat is an excellent vendor. I'll have to take a look at the rest of their sale.
Has anyone ever bought a Sinn from Ocarat? Will they ship those to the US? If so, any other downsides? They have really good pricing compared to WatchBuys. I’m looking specifically at the 856 UTC on bracelet.

https://ocarat.com/856-utc-acier-sinn-19800.html

Here’s a pic to liven up this post.

Based on my previous experience, Sinn ADs from outside of North America do not ship to the US/Canada, probably because of Sinn's contract with WatchBuys. You can certainly try though! I remember there was 1 seller on Chrono24, an AD, who was willing to ship a model that WatchBuys did not have and was not planning to have in stock, but technically, I heard they are not supposed to do that...

Edit: I guess I should have a pic of a Sinn to liven up my post as well. This is the Sinn I want:
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-01-12 120411.png
Screenshot 2021-01-12 120411.png (199.71 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
skylinegtr_34
MoT Member

Post by skylinegtr_34 »

NAD

I suggest you to stay away from Jomashop. If you have any issues there is no customer service they just ignore you. I had to open PayPal cases and finally, they called me. When I was thinking I will get a solution now the person who contacted me ignores my e-mails and phone calls.

So if you receive a watch with no issues you are good but if there is an issue you are alone. It is not worth the stress for me anymore even though I purchased many watches before I will not use Jomashop anymore.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

skylinegtr_34 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:57 am NAD

I suggest you to stay away from Jomashop. If you have any issues there is no customer service they just ignore you. I had to open PayPal cases and finally, they called me. When I was thinking I will get a solution now the person who contacted me ignores my e-mails and phone calls.

So if you receive a watch with no issues you are good but if there is an issue you are alone. It is not worth the stress for me anymore even though I purchased many watches before I will not use Jomashop anymore.
We have a section for retailer reviews. I have created a topic there for feedback on Jomashop: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2390
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
AceRimmer
MoT Member

Post by AceRimmer »

Orient M-Force for $329 on Jomashop. The best price I have seen. How bad is Jomashop though?

https://www.jomashop.com/orient-m-force ... 2r00b.html
biglovetravis
MoT Member

Post by biglovetravis »

AceRimmer wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:54 pm Orient M-Force for $329 on Jomashop. The best price I have seen. How bad is Jomashop though?

https://www.jomashop.com/orient-m-force ... 2r00b.html
Have bought a dozen watches from them without issue. The most recent being a Breitling, the most expensive being an 18K-diamond bezel/diamond dial TAG for my wife. YMMV
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace