We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Help me find a bargain thread

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
Zipties
MoT Member

Re: Help me find a bargain thread

Post by Zipties »

Oh, wait, that is them. Well, I pinged them and we'll see what they say. Thank you!
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Possibly looking for a Sinn 104 in grey or white dial on bracelet.

Is there only one dealer in the states that sells Sinn? Anyone ever noticed good deals anywhere on them?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

mplsabdullah wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:58 am Possibly looking for a Sinn 104 in grey or white dial on bracelet.

Is there only one dealer in the states that sells Sinn? Anyone ever noticed good deals anywhere on them?

sometimes there are deals found on Chrono 24. But yes in the USA only Watchbuys is the only option as an AD.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

mplsabdullah wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:58 am Possibly looking for a Sinn 104 in grey or white dial on bracelet.

I know I've seen Sinn on Ocarat.
But not sure if the pricing is any better or if they will be able to ship to US.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

TheJohnP wrote:

I know I've seen Sinn on Ocarat.
But not sure if the pricing is any better or if they will be able to ship to US.
If you buy a Sinn from an overseas AD, you have to send it back to Sinn in Frankfurt for any warranty work. If you buy it from Watchbuys, you can send it to RGM in Pennsylvania for warranty work. While RGM can service it for you regardless, they are under contract to Watchbuys, not to Sinn, for the warranty support and would have to charge you for any service that's not covered by the warranty through Watchbuys.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

tjcdas wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:22 am
ManOnTime wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:18 pm The best two tone Datejust homage, who makes it?

Automatic preferred, and hacking. Under $300 would be best.
Several to choose from about 3 bills multiple two tone options.

https://www.jomashop.com/mathey-tissot- ... 0atbn.html

mens-mathy-iii-stainless-steel-back-dial-h1810atbn.jpg
[mention]ManOnTime[/mention], code GRFS10 takes another $10 off.
So $289.99

https://www.jomashop.com/mathey-tissot- ... 0atbi.html

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:32 pm
tjcdas wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:22 am
ManOnTime wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:18 pm The best two tone Datejust homage, who makes it?

Automatic preferred, and hacking. Under $300 would be best.
Several to choose from about 3 bills multiple two tone options.

https://www.jomashop.com/mathey-tissot- ... 0atbn.html

mens-mathy-iii-stainless-steel-back-dial-h1810atbn.jpg
@ManOnTime, code GRFS10 takes another $10 off.
So $289.99

https://www.jomashop.com/mathey-tissot- ... 0atbi.html

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Due to several factors, including selling off my whole collection earlier this year, the CW summer sale, and an impulse GShock purchase, I actually don't have an automatic watch in my collection right now. This must be remedied, as my Ross Simmons winder is getting lonely.

So I am looking for an everyday auto with the following characteristics:
-40mm or smaller (less than 50mm lug-to-lug is really what I need)
-Arabic numeral indices or at least 3-6-9
-Date
-Hacking seconds
-New or used
-$300 or less
-No Seiko or Chris Ward

I have been this || close a couple of times to just buying a khaki field auto, which is what I'll still probably do if I don't like any of your suggestions. :lol: But I wanted to field ideas on something a little less common/obvious. To give you an idea of the style I'm interested in, some watches I like at the moment are the Traska Summiteer, the new Venturo Skin Diver, Smiths Everest Expedition, and the Oris Big Crown pointer date, among others.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Boourns wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:14 pm Due to several factors, including selling off my whole collection earlier this year, the CW summer sale, and an impulse GShock purchase, I actually don't have an automatic watch in my collection right now. This must be remedied, as my Ross Simmons winder is getting lonely.

-Date
-Hacking seconds
-New or used
-$300 or less
-No Seiko or Chris Ward

I have been this || close a couple of times to just buying a khaki field auto, which is what I'll still probably do if I don't like any of your suggestions. :lol: But I wanted to field ideas on something a little less common/obvious. To give you an idea of the style I'm interested in, some watches I like at the moment are the Traska Summiteer, the new Venturo Skin Diver, Smiths Everest Expedition, and the Oris Big Crown pointer date, among others.

I went with Khaki King over the Field as the lugs seemed better proportioned, 40mm 48mm lug to lug under $300 used good condition.
gjls9771v6831.jpg
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Boourns wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:14 pm Due to several factors, including selling off my whole collection earlier this year, the CW summer sale, and an impulse GShock purchase, I actually don't have an automatic watch in my collection right now. This must be remedied, as my Ross Simmons winder is getting lonely.

-Date
-Hacking seconds
-New or used
-$300 or less
-No Seiko or Chris Ward

If you don't mind stuff from aliexpress these are 39mm with an nh35 and no logo options:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000026 ... hweb201603_

Marathon general purpose are 34mm but no date:

https://www.marathonwatch.com/collectio ... kings-34mm

The Cincinatti field watch would be good but it has no date, same with the Boldr venture. I have the Smiths everest on order but don't think it will arrive for a few weeks.

Edit, there's this too:

https://countycomm.com/products/titaniu ... by-maratac

or maybe this?

https://www.vaerwatches.com/collections ... ck-release

orrrrr the Vostok classica, again no date, its manual wind and maybe no hacking seconds?? I am told they will finally be back in stock this fall after over a year OOS

https://meranom.com/en/vostok/vostok-cl ... 90b24.html
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Great suggestions so far. [mention]tjcdas[/mention] your khaki king looks great. I go back and forth between that and the field.

[mention]AndroidIsAwesome[/mention] I never thought of going Ali Express. I might poke around there and see what's available. And the maratac is pretty temping being titanium. If I was responsible enough, I'd just get a smiths, but I can't seem to actually get my S together to make the ordering time, since it happens only like every month or so.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Boourns wrote:Great suggestions so far. [mention]tjcdas[/mention] your khaki king looks great. I go back and forth between that and the field.

[mention]AndroidIsAwesome[/mention] I never thought of going Ali Express. I might poke around there and see what's available. And the maratac is pretty temping being titanium. If I was responsible enough, I'd just get a smiths, but I can't seem to actually get my S together to make the ordering time, since it happens only like every month or so.
Yeah ordering a Smiths was a pain. Had to set an alarm Sunday morning, refresh the website about 60 times because it had too much traffic, then hope my order went through before selling out.

If you had no budget I'd say a Sinn 556a because I'm biased and love mine. You can still get those used from Yahoo auctions for around $850 and up.

The Hamilton field watches and Smiths are probably the best way to go around that budget though aside from AliExpress stuff.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:22 pm
Boourns wrote:Great suggestions so far. @tjcdas your khaki king looks great. I go back and forth between that and the field.

@AndroidIsAwesome I never thought of going Ali Express. I might poke around there and see what's available. And the maratac is pretty temping being titanium. If I was responsible enough, I'd just get a smiths, but I can't seem to actually get my S together to make the ordering time, since it happens only like every month or so.
Yeah ordering a Smiths was a pain. Had to set an alarm Sunday morning, refresh the website about 60 times because it had too much traffic, then hope my order went through before selling out.

If you had no budget I'd say a Sinn 556a because I'm biased and love mine. You can still get those used from Yahoo auctions for around $850 and up.

The Hamilton field watches and Smiths are probably the best way to go around that budget though aside from AliExpress stuff.
A 556a or non-utc 856 are in my long term lust lists. Fortunately they are priced to where I'll have one someday. Just not now.

If you end up not liking your Smiths you know where to find me!
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: If you had no budget I'd say a Sinn 556a because I'm biased and love mine. You can still get those used from Yahoo auctions for around $850 and up.
Interesting... Sounds like I need to do some research on Yahoo auctions. Is there already a thread started somewhere?
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

recapt wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: If you had no budget I'd say a Sinn 556a because I'm biased and love mine. You can still get those used from Yahoo auctions for around $850 and up.
Interesting... Sounds like I need to do some research on Yahoo auctions. Is there already a thread started somewhere?
No thread for Yahoo but if you have shopped on Rakuten global it's kind of similar. I should probably make a thread though about it and which proxy companies there are etc