We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Vintage Watch and Accessory Deals

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Vintage Watch and Accessory Deals

Post by watchpalooza »

Bbrou33 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:10 pm I'm currently watching, and was just outbid, on these 2. Both from the same seller. Anything about these that throws you vintage experts off? Am I making good choices?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4208923583

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4208848474

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33
No issues I see. The Benrus is a nice find and appears to be all original. Typically GF watches are not sought after, but the Longines isn’t bad. Not sure if the hands are original. Seller longstanding (5yrs), mostly positive feedback. Only concern is shipping cost, since it is by quote only.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

watchpalooza wrote:
Bbrou33 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:10 pm I'm currently watching, and was just outbid, on these 2. Both from the same seller. Anything about these that throws you vintage experts off? Am I making good choices?

No issues I see. The Benrus is a nice find and appears to be all original. Typically GF watches are not sought after, but the Longines isn’t bad. Not sure if the hands are original. Seller longstanding (5yrs), mostly positive feedback. Only concern is shipping cost, since it is by quote only.
I would add that I do like the look of that Benrus. The brand has been on my radar as well since they seem to often have stainless cases and nice dials with a tinge of Art Deco going for them.

I am going to sound like a broken record, but setting up your bids through a sniping site makes it so much more efficient. You don’t tip people off to your interest, your max. I’d goes in at the last few seconds and people can’t take their time in deciding they want to outbid you. Takes some of the emotion out of it. I like gixen, but it was the first one I tried. It works for free and is very reasonable if you want to pay for it.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Sporkboy wrote:
watchpalooza wrote:

I would add that I do like the look of that Benrus. The brand has been on my radar as well since they seem to often have stainless cases and nice dials with a tinge of Art Deco going for them.

I am going to sound like a broken record, but setting up your bids through a sniping site makes it so much more efficient. You don’t tip people off to your interest, your max. I’d goes in at the last few seconds and people can’t take their time in deciding they want to outbid you. Takes some of the emotion out of it. I like gixen, but it was the first one I tried. It works for free and is very reasonable if you want to pay for it.
I didn't win either. I bid on the benrus a few times though. Thought about trying gixen but I think I'll for sure give it a shot next time.

Insta me: bbrou33
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Not sure if this counts as vintage but this could be a deal for the right person:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Scuba-Di ... 4111500552

This is an 8f35-0019 aka SLR001P1 aka perpetual calendar quartz monster. Yes it's beat up pretty good and yes it's missing the shroud, but I think it's at least $100, or maybe $200, below market. I would get this myself but apparently these things are 46mm (though not sure)?
I wish that watch were 38mm?
chubbledouble
MoT Member

Post by chubbledouble »

Last edited by chubbledouble on Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKAs: Chubley on WUS, DukeofChubley on r/watchexchange
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

chubbledouble wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:47 pm Anyone know a good place to find a Raketa Big Zero with a 38mm+ case for a decent price?
PM sent
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Pretty good deal on an Atlantic Worldtimer - $150 or best offer

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4102793116
573BAB7B-0AAC-45F3-B90B-7B092570CA96.jpeg
4CB80AED-2B40-46BA-AF36-43769F327463.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Looks like there is a Timex digital lot that includes two Data Links. Might be a deal if they power up and if you are looking for this sort of thing. The other watches aren’t too shabby, but the data links are the highlight here. All the case screws appear to be in good shape, so that increases the chances that they are OK.

Currently $12.50 plus ~$11 shipping. Might be a nice pickup depending on the ending price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264700962174
D2B3683C-3174-4083-BD94-B2D39D402103.jpeg
DDA2AC98-C82B-428A-8FD4-0CC2C3BF4ECC.jpeg
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

This appears to be a hell of a deal on a 60‘s Omega chronostop in excellent condition. Its at $400 with a BIN of $850. It is a relist, and only got up to
$535 when last listed, which did not meet the reserve price. Seems ripe for an offer - would be a steal at $600.
6DA227A6-A256-4371-BD0E-C08DE616D0CF.jpeg
196F4519-4FEA-4244-B5D8-B4319CCD80FE.jpeg

https://www.ebay.de/itm/193501141243
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Acqua was/is an imprint of Timex. Same watches, same details, just different name on the dial.

Here's a chance to get a mechanical Camper for a great price. This is even on the original pass-through strap: https://www.ebay.com/itm/293755765238

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
WatchCraze

Post by WatchCraze »

Saw this vintage Khaki this morning. I don't really have any vintage pieces in my collection, but I love the khaki and something about the packaging really made me want this:

https://www.ebay.com/c/1478712982?iid=233751051470
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

So [mention]cortman[/mention] mentioned on Discord that he visited a jeweler, Meierottos.
Decided to check their site and see if they had any deals. Not seeing anything exciting with their new watches, but some interesting preowned/vintage ones.

This Eterna looks to be a standout.

Vintage 1930's Eterna Automatic Breveta (Preowned)
$100.00

Vintage 1930's Eterna Automatic Breveta. Stainless Steel Case. Ivory dial with green letters. Caliber 833. Aftermarket gray strap. 32mm case.

https://www.mjewelry.com/watches/pre-nd ... ned-361285

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
swissmade65
MoT Member

Post by swissmade65 »

NAD

I'm new to this site, and just today found this Vintage thread. I've noticed it's not very active. :) So I wanted to ask some people in the know, are the people using this site just not so interested in vintage watches? Or is it that they find buying vintage watches so difficult and risky compared to buying new ones, that they don't want to go down that rabbit hole? I have a few vintage pieces that I've acquired organically over the years, and I've been excited at the renewed interest in vintage watches since I returned to this hobby a couple of years ago. I much prefer vintage styling, and am happy with the trend toward vintage re-issue watches, but not so happy that in almost every case the proportions of the watch are expanded, often quite drastically. But because of the well-known problems buying vintage, I've only pulled the trigger on buying a Raketa Big Zero for $50 on eBay. This is a famous watch, and I think I did a good job avoiding other sellers selling Franken pieces because there is a lot of information available online about it, but there is really no way to be sure what I have is authentic. So I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on vintage purchases even in the several hundreds of $ range.

Okay, just wanted to get a little bit of feedback from some users about vintage on this site. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Hey [mention]swissmade65[/mention]

I'd say the reason this thread isn't as active is because most of the vintage deals found tend be on Ebay.
And good deals on vintage pieces there tend to go very quickly, as folks have alerts set on certain parameters.
So hard to post something knowing it could be gone as soon you hit "submit."

For instance this thread in particular might be a good resource for you if you want to set up your own Ebay alerts:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2147&p=77402#p76233

But you'll find plenty of us enjoy vintage and you'll see them featured quite often in WRUW and LWDS threads.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

swissmade65 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:39 pm NAD

I'm new to this site, and just today found this Vintage thread. I've noticed it's not very active. :) So I wanted to ask some people in the know, are the people using this site just not so interested in vintage watches? Or is it that they find buying vintage watches so difficult and risky compared to buying new ones, that they don't want to go down that rabbit hole? I have a few vintage pieces that I've acquired organically over the years, and I've been excited at the renewed interest in vintage watches since I returned to this hobby a couple of years ago. I much prefer vintage styling, and am happy with the trend toward vintage re-issue watches, but not so happy that in almost every case the proportions of the watch are expanded, often quite drastically. But because of the well-known problems buying vintage, I've only pulled the trigger on buying a Raketa Big Zero for $50 on eBay. This is a famous watch, and I think I did a good job avoiding other sellers selling Franken pieces because there is a lot of information available online about it, but there is really no way to be sure what I have is authentic. So I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on vintage purchases even in the several hundreds of $ range.

Okay, just wanted to get a little bit of feedback from some users about vintage on this site. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
Hi [mention]swissmade65[/mention] and welcome to the site. I started this thread due to my own passion for vintage watches and to help others interested in them. Unfortunately I have not personally been able to drive posts here in the way [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] does in the main thread. John is absolutely right, the best vintage deals tend to be snipes in bid auctions, which are difficult to post here (vs straight “buy it now” type listings). Vintage purchases can offer fantastic value and uniqueness, but do require a bit more due diligence. That said, I am absolutely happy to review / help anyone considering a vintage purchase...and I believe their are other members here who are also vintage knowledgeable who would offer the same. In addition, you may wish to check out the thread of tools to help researching of vintage deals here.
Click Icon To Contact Me