We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Your best deal of 2018

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
59yukon01
MoT Member

Re: Your best deal of 2018

Post by 59yukon01 »

Probably this one for two reasons. Good price of $231.00, and the fact it got me to appreciate the Turtles again. Now I want a 777.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Post by Watch your Wristwatch »

My best deal or my favorite deal which will be replacing 3 watches in my collection is my Longines Conquest Automatic. Picked it up for $725. Lowest on Camel x3 was $871, I am pretty happy with it. My 2nd would be the Zodiac Jetomatic Deal. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Perdendosi
MoT Member

Post by Perdendosi »

Definitely the Citizen Signature Grand Classic.
Now I understand what people mean when they say it's a nice watch. I have to do a review (and take much better pics) to better explain why.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
Current collection:

Baume & Mercier Capeland Chrono | Alpina Startimer Heritage GMT | Oris Artix Date | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Hamtun H2 Meteroite | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Nth Nacken Renegade | Direnzo DRZ-03 "Blood Moon" | Citizen Grand Classic | Nodus Sector Field | Seiko SSA409 "Honeycomb" Star Bar **** Time | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Great White Turtle | Manchester Watch Works (RIP) Equinox All-Lume Dial | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" | Casio AE1400WH-2AV
oldrock427

Post by oldrock427 »

It would have to be this recent holiday purchase. The Glycine Combat Aquarius. $314 with 15% ebay coupon from Glycine direct.

Also really love this quirky Hamilton. Got it on BF from Ashford for a good discount that only lasted several days.

Watch your Wristwatch
MoT Member

Post by Watch your Wristwatch »

oldrock427 wrote:It would have to be this recent holiday purchase. The Glycine Combat Aquarius. $314 with 15% ebay coupon from Glycine direct.

Also really love this quirky Hamilton. Got it on BF from Ashford for a good discount that only lasted several days.

That Hammy looks tons better in a real world pic then it did on the websites!

Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

I've bought quite a few watches in 2018, but there are two that really stand out to me as being great deals AND are watches that I absolutely love and will probably keep for the rest of my life.

First is the Jean Richard Aquascope Hokusai that many of you also took advantage of purchasing. Just a beautiful watch.

Second was a 1989 Rolex Submariner two tone "Bluesy". I met a guy at a gun and knife show three years ago and bought a two tone Datejust off of him that was a really excellent deal. He gave me a personal card with his name and number, which I kept. This year I called him to see if he still had a Rolex Submariner. He had it at the show, but it was 5X what he was asking for the Datejust and I didn't have the cash. He did still have the Sub and gave me an excellent price on it, roughly 60% of market value. The two tone was a bit too blingy for my work though, so I swapped in a new bezel insert, SS bezel, SS bracelet, and SS crown - basically took all of the solid gold bits off and put them in my safe. Now I've got a stainless steel Bluesy and I just love it.

johnmichael
MoT Member

Post by johnmichael »

ImageMy Citizen Signature Grand Touring once the fiasco was resolved to my satisfaction. Sent in an incorrect presentation box w/no paperwork (including warranty) and a minor scratch on the bottom side of the watch case. I got Macy's to give me another 30% off the sale pricing making my Signature a $258 watch (minus tax of course). Now that is a deal and Macy's promised to forward the correct presentation box w/accompanying warranty card.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Watch your Wristwatch wrote:
oldrock427 wrote:It would have to be this recent holiday purchase. The Glycine Combat Aquarius. $314 with 15% ebay coupon from Glycine direct.

That Hammy looks tons better in a real world pic then it did on the websites!

I have a GMT that is from the same era, and considering it is 200 m, and a GMT, and has an internal bezel, it’s just a fantastic watch.

Any of these khakis from this era are great watches.

PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

I only bought two watches in 2018, but a great deal regardless was the Ball Fireman Enterprise that I picked up in July for $590 after $100 eBay savings, and thanks to this thread on WUS.ImageImage
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

This small German brand is not often discounted, at least in my shopping experience.

It was a Gemnation Deal:

I bit on the Jenny promo but returned it due to cosmetic issues. Otherwise that might have been my best deal.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

Very nice hammy... how much was the deal?
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

I forgot one. 1960's Seiko Sportsman calendar, 6602-9982, 17J hand-winder.

$145 (best offer) minus 15% ebay minus 1.5% Top Cash rebate = $121.07. Runs like a top.

oldrock427

Post by oldrock427 »

quincas wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:29 am
oldrock427 wrote: Also really love this quirky Hamilton. Got it on BF from Ashford for a good discount that only lasted several days.

Very nice hammy... how much was the deal?
It was a targeted $150 additional off. If i recall correctly, all said and done, it was about $435 delivered. I have never seen one in real life, so I was really happy with how much I liked it on my wrist. I had been looking at this for about six months so they knew what they where doing with the offer.