We're Moving!

Click for more info.

How to set a Timex Perpetual Calendar

This is the place to learn all about watches and how they tick. Share your knowledge and how-tos with the rest of the class.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

How to set a Timex Perpetual Calendar

Post by watchpalooza »

I picked up a Timex T3B791 perpetual calendar and could not find much by way of instructions online for how to set the month, day and date. The instruction manual from Timex suggests to send the watch into a Timex service center for battery changes and calibration using the recessed pushers...that simply won‘t fly.
FA75AF19-3D77-4EF8-864F-9C8361A3ACCE.jpeg
After some experimentation, here is what I found...hopefully this can help others:

1) Pull the crown out to the middle position
2) Open the case back and use a toothpick to push the reset button just below the battery. The fourth center hand will move to a number from 1 to 4, indicating the number of years from leap year.
A76C6695-544E-4530-8B12-BEDB9A3EC888.jpeg
3) Push the top pusher from 1 to 4 times to set the number of years from leap year
4) Push bottom pusher once, then use top pusher to set month.
5) Push bottom pusher once, then use top pusher to set date.
6) Push bottom pusher once, then use top pusher to set day of the week.
7) Push in crown and screw down
8) Replace case back

Edit: added step 3 for leap year setting (thank you, [mention]yinzburgher[/mention]).
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Re: How to set a Timex Perpetual Calendar

Post by Wolfsatz »

watchpalooza wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:12 am I picked up a Timex T3B791 perpetual calendar and could not find much by way of instructions online for how to set the month, day and date. The instruction manual from Timex suggests to send the watch into a Timex service center for battery changes and calibration using the recessed pushers...that simply won‘t fly.

FA75AF19-3D77-4EF8-864F-9C8361A3ACCE.jpeg

After some experimentation, here is what I found...hopefully this can help others:

1) Pull the crown out to the middle position
2) Open the case back and use a toothpick to push the reset button just below the battery

A76C6695-544E-4530-8B12-BEDB9A3EC888.jpeg

3) Push bottom pusher once, then use top pusher to set month.
4) Push bottom pusher once, then use top pusher to set date.
5) Push bottom pusher once, then use top pusher to set day of the week.
6) Push in crown and screw down
7) Replace case back
Great Pick up. My only Perpetual Timex is the Yacht Racer.. still ticking fine after 3+ years. But this info should be handy! Thanks! :mrgreen:
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Hopefully the year was set correctly too and it's up to the task. ;)

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:01 am Hopefully the year was set correctly too and it's up to the task. ;)
Actually I hadn’t thought about this. Checked this morning and sure enough the watch was showing March 2. Is there a way to calibrate the year on these to align with the leap year cyccle, or is it an every 4 year reset? Would seem that a “perpetual” calendar would allow for alignment this way, but I find nothing online (since Timex recommends setting only by a qualified service center). I do find a second button inside labeled “360”...but no idea what this one does. Anyone know? I am the type of person who will be bothered by this slight imprecision, even though it will only manifest every 4 years.

Here is the watch after correction if the date:
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Bummer. I found a video below that explains how to know what year (in relationship to the leap year) the watch is set to. I believe this should be the same movement. I originally found it the video HERE after hitting the HOW IT WORKS button. What the video does not explain unfortunately is how to change it once you know how it is set. Also, this year being leap year, would you want the pointer set to the 1 or the 4? I'm guessing the 4 by the way it is worded but I'm not certain.

I think the video below may explain how to set it. Although it helps if you can read Turkish and tolerate terrible music. It is for models T2N502-T2N503-T2N504-T2N505-T2N506-T2N507-T2N567-T2N568-T2N571 but once again I think it may be the same movement. I think you'll figure it out. You're good at this stuff.

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:01 am Hopefully the year was set correctly too and it's up to the task. ;)

Thank you...that did the trick, and I have updated the instructions above accordingly.
Click Icon To Contact Me