We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Fitted Strap/Bracelet Compatibility

This is the place to learn all about watches and how they tick. Share your knowledge and how-tos with the rest of the class.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

I'll admit it: I'm a bit obsessed with fitted straps and bracelets. I love a good fitted rubber strap, like the ones Crafter Blue makes for Seiko et al, and I love aftermarket bracelets- but generally only ones with curved/fitting endlinks. In fact it was a not insignificant part of my consideration when I was thinking about buying my latest diver, the Seiko MM200.
Therefore I'm always scouring the internet for info on what bracelets or straps made for certain watches may be compatible with others. It'd be great if there was some central database of these matches somewhere. Until I think of a better way maybe a thread on this forum would be best.
If you know of any watches that have compatible endlink geometry, please share here!

Here's some of what I've gathered so far.

Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch (modern) == Halios Seaforth (supposedly fits perfectly). 20mm
Seiko SKX013 == Seiko MM200/Baby MM (fits well enough) 20mm
Seiko MM300 == Seiko MM200/Baby MM (the Crafter Blue strap fits decently, bracelets may be another story) 20mm
Seiko Alpinist (SARB017, et al))== Hamilton Khaki Automatic H70455733 (fits perfectly) 20mm
Citizen NY004 == Citizen NY008 (Fugu), Citizen NY009 (basically the same case for all of these)
Seiko Alpinist (SARB017, et al)), Hamilton Khaki Automatic H70455733 == Sinn 556
Casio Duro/Marlin == SKX/5KX (Strapcode bracelets appear to fit fine, untested with any other brand) 22mm
Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch == Nodus Sector
Last edited by cortman on Wed May 27, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: Fitted Strap/Bracelet Compatibility

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Bracelets that fit the sarb and khaki usually fit the Sinn 556 too
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

cortman wrote:I'll admit it: I'm a bit obsessed with fitted straps and bracelets. I love a good fitted rubber strap, like the ones Crafter Blue makes for Seiko et al, and I love aftermarket bracelets- but generally only ones with curved/fitting endlinks. In fact it was a not insignificant part of my consideration when I was thinking about buying my latest diver, the Seiko MM200.
Therefore I'm always scouring the internet for info on what bracelets or straps made for certain watches may be compatible with others. It'd be great if there was some central database of these matches somewhere. Until I think of a better way maybe a thread on this forum would be best.
If you know of any watches that have compatible endlink geometry, please share here!

Here's some of what I've gathered so far.

Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch (modern) == Halios Seaforth (supposedly fits perfectly). 20mm
Seiko SKX013 == Seiko MM200/Baby MM (fits well enough) 20mm
Seiko MM300 == Seiko MM200/Baby MM (the Crafter Blue strap fits decently, bracelets may be another story) 20mm
Seiko Alpinist (SARB017, et al))== Hamilton Khaki Automatic H70455733 (fits perfectly) 20mm
Citizen NY004 == Citizen NY008 (Fugu), Citizen NY009 (basically the same case for all of these)
Great thread! Thanks.

Not that perfectly for the skx013 on the mm200 according to Uncle Seiko. “Pretty close but not quite there.” Larry’s words.

Don’t we all think that mm200 NEEDS a BOR bracelet?
image1.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:13 pm Bracelets that fit the sarb and khaki usually fit the Sinn 556 too
Thank you! I've added it to the list
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

quincas wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:30 am Great thread! Thanks.

Not that perfectly for the skx013 on the mm200 according to Uncle Seiko. “Pretty close but not quite there.” Larry’s words.
Thanks! I used Larry's test for it which is why I rated it "well enough".
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

I found this bracelet on AliExpress a while back and it looked good so I bought it for my sbbn033.

Edit- can't get the link working so search sbbn015 or 22mm prospex and you'll find it.

https://aliexpress.com/4nVF63j2

Well it didn't exactly fit right away as the 033 width is just under 22mm. No problem, spent 30 minutes with a file on the endlinks and it fits great now. I am quite literally blown away by the quality for only $18. Milled clasp even!

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Good idea for a thread. I'll try to add to it as I can. I've never seen any photos of a Halios Seaforth with an Omega bracelet but Uncle Seiko makes a beads of rice bracelet for the Speedmaster. It has hollow end links that will fit the Seaforth.

A very common set-up on the Seaforth is the Ginault Ocean Rover bracelet, part reference number 94530G, LINK HERE and pic below. While the shapes don't match up perfectly, everybody seems to report that the fit is perfect and the bracelet is good quality.

As I've mentioned in the link below, the H605.704.103 bracelet from the H70455133 Hamilton Khaki Field Auto fits my SPB089 Alpinist.

Another bracelet option for the Seiko Alpinist

recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Great topic. Bumping for visibility so others will contribute.
househalfman
MoT Member

Post by househalfman »

Nodus Sector bracelet on the speedy...

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

That looks pretty dang good.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

househalfman wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:58 pm Nodus Sector bracelet on the speedy...

This is interesting. How is the fit to the case? Thanks for posting!
househalfman
MoT Member

Post by househalfman »

The end of the lugs are a little higher than where the end links sit at, but not obscenely so imo.

This might be a better fit/match than the ginault on a seaforth (which most of us know, by experience, is not a bad fit).

I like so much that if/when I sell the Sector, I know I'm keeping the bracelet.
househalfman
MoT Member

Post by househalfman »

With that said, the bracelet on the Avalon with polished sides/chamfers and using the Sector end links would be a better fit to match the polished bits of the speedy.

Edit: check that, it’s the Duality bracelet that has chamfers, not the Avalon.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

househalfman wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:16 pm The end of the lugs are a little higher than where the end links sit at, but not obscenely so imo.

This might be a better fit/match than the ginault on a seaforth (which most of us know, by experience, is not a bad fit).

I like so much that if/when I sell the Sector, I know I'm keeping the bracelet.
Thanks for the close ups. When things open up I plan to talk to the OB about an 1171, but for the price I may try out Uncle Seiko's new 1171 inspired bracelet.
househalfman
MoT Member

Post by househalfman »

I was going to buy that US but was waiting for the one for smaller wrists, but now I won't anymore because of this bracelet. I might still try their Holzer though.