We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rolex Flip Challenge

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Re: Rolex Flip Challenge

Post by BillionaireDoors »

Bbrou33 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:03 pm You may force me to cross state lines to find an open goodwill or something. Though LI just got phase 2. Hmmm
I hit 6 Goodwills today and got a ton of stuff. They must have all just restocked.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:40 am
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
OK so I might actually have something to flip. Surprise, it's a watch! 🤣 I just ordered one at pretty steep discount from a major grey market dealer. I'm pretty sure it is an error on their part but hopefully the order goes through. And of course I ordered a little something for myself too. No more about that until I see that the order ships. 🤐 I imagine I'll just auction it on ebay but I'll probably need some other things to go according to plan in order to get it listed, sold and shipped before the 4th. Work, travel, family stuff, etc. If I get a chance I might try to hit a Goodwill but basically the only retail product that I know prices of are watches. So this will be tough for me if the watch deal doesn't come through. The only time I have ever flipped something for a decent profit, it has been a watch. And I usually have to get fairly lucky to get a good enough deal on a new watch in order to make a little scratch after shipping and other fees. But that may have just happened. 🤞

[mention]BillionaireDoors[/mention] What constitutes the best flip? Highest dollar amount profit, highest percentage return on investment, some other metric, something more subjective? Do you still have an R8? I can only assume that's the big prize! 💲⌚💲💲🏆🚗🤣
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:36 am

@BillionaireDoors What constitutes the best flip? Highest dollar amount profit, highest percentage return on investment, some other metric, something more subjective? Do you still have an R8? I can only assume that's the big prize! 💲⌚💲💲🏆🚗🤣
It will be subjective, but probably lean towards dollar amount over strictly ROI. If I find a penny in my change that's worth $2, that's not very exciting. :lol:

I'm actually about to payoff the R8 this month! Waiting for Telsa Plaid orders to open.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Rolex Flip Challenge

Post by Sporkboy »

The family and I are still avoiding unnecessary trips to parts unknown, however the curb shopping has been really good around here lately. Do you have to make a purchase in order to have a qualified flip? Would a picture of the item sitting on the curb count as a ‘receipt’?
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Sporkboy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:37 am The family and I are still avoiding unnecessary trips to parts unknown, however the curb shopping has been really good around here lately. Do you have to make a purchase in order to have a qualified flip? Would a picture of the item sitting on the curb count as a ‘receipt’?
Free counts. I've got some great free stuff on Nextdoor.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:36 am
OK so I might actually have something to flip. Surprise, it's a watch! 🤣 I just ordered one at pretty steep discount from a major grey market dealer. I'm pretty sure it is an error on their part but hopefully the order goes through. And of course I ordered a little something for myself too. No more about that until I see that the order ships. 🤐 I imagine I'll just auction it on ebay but I'll probably need some other things to go according to plan in order to get it listed, sold and shipped before the 4th. Work, travel, family stuff, etc. If I get a chance I might try to hit a Goodwill but basically the only retail product that I know prices of are watches. So this will be tough for me if the watch deal doesn't come through. The only time I have ever flipped something for a decent profit, it has been a watch. And I usually have to get fairly lucky to get a good enough deal on a new watch in order to make a little scratch after shipping and other fees. But that may have just happened. 🤞

@BillionaireDoors What constitutes the best flip? Highest dollar amount profit, highest percentage return on investment, some other metric, something more subjective? Do you still have an R8? I can only assume that's the big prize! 💲⌚💲💲🏆🚗🤣
Those punks over at Ashford apparently thought I got too good of a deal and cancelled my order. Maybe I would have gotten away with it if I only ordered one watch. Sad face... Maybe I'll get lucky and my cash back will still come through.

2020-06-16 (11).png
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

I paid under $400 for an item at a local store on Monday. Just sold it locally in person for $800. There is a lot of stuff out there.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Anybody having success yet? I'm selling a LOT of items this week that I bought at normal retail stores. Bought 3 items yesterday for $50 each and already sold them all for $150 each. That's $50 profit each after shipping and fees.
Toveri
MoT Member

Post by Toveri »

Not to brag, but partly due to following the masters on this forum I do feel I'm getting good at the buying part of flipping.

The selling part I need to work on. Like, maybe selling something sometime.

As it stands my best deal of the year is buying 5€ coins for 4.50€ each. Which I guess would technically qualify as making a profit since they're legal currency.
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

I would like to once more thank and praise BD for his ongoing encouragement and support. He planted the idea of ToM credit speculation in the first place... So here goes my example:
I bought a $3000 credit at 20% off in two rounds (free shipping), so thats $2400
Unfortunately for really really long time, i could not find anything i would be interested in.
Few weeks ago, there was a beatiful moonwatch with hesalite and display back, obviously they didnt know what were they selling, i reach out to them to ask about some additional discount, they took two days to get back to tell me they dont do that and all "account specific" discounts are actually automated promotion programs and there is nothing they can do about that. Of course, that moonwatch sold in the meantime.

So i felt i have to pull trigger on anything next time a major sale happens. Few days ago, there was that ToM "National Watch Sale Day" offering 30% credit for purchases over $3000.

I did a quick search but was lost at too many options, but BD pointed out a rolex right above the 3k mark, so i pulled the trigger:
Watch price 3099 USD, i used the 3000 credit (payed 2400) and payed tax, $10 shipping and remaining 99 USD at 303,32 USD total.
I have a 929,70 USD credit pending now (due July 17)
so that totals to 1773,62 USD for a cute watch I can either wear or flip.

If you can live with the drawbacks of having your cash allocated to ToM credit for longer periods, having to deal with morons from ToM and playing the lottery of no returns, all sales final, this is a great way to get a good deal.

Im still kicking myself about that moonwatch, and also will have to find yet another watch once the new credit hits my account, but thats part of the game :)
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

feltharg wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:29 am I would like to once more thank and praise BD for his ongoing encouragement and support. He planted the idea of ToM credit speculation in the first place... So here goes my example:
I bought a $3000 credit at 20% off in two rounds (free shipping), so thats $2400
Unfortunately for really really long time, i could not find anything i would be interested in.
Few weeks ago, there was a beatiful moonwatch with hesalite and display back, obviously they didnt know what were they selling, i reach out to them to ask about some additional discount, they took two days to get back to tell me they dont do that and all "account specific" discounts are actually automated promotion programs and there is nothing they can do about that. Of course, that moonwatch sold in the meantime.

So i felt i have to pull trigger on anything next time a major sale happens. Few days ago, there was that ToM "National Watch Sale Day" offering 30% credit for purchases over $3000.

I did a quick search but was lost at too many options, but BD pointed out a rolex right above the 3k mark, so i pulled the trigger:
Watch price 3099 USD, i used the 3000 credit (payed 2400) and payed tax, $10 shipping and remaining 99 USD at 303,32 USD total.
I have a 929,70 USD credit pending now (due July 17)
so that totals to 1773,62 USD for a cute watch I can either wear or flip.

If you can live with the drawbacks of having your cash allocated to ToM credit for longer periods, having to deal with morons from ToM and playing the lottery of no returns, all sales final, this is a great way to get a good deal.

Im still kicking myself about that moonwatch, and also will have to find yet another watch once the new credit hits my account, but thats part of the game :)
Congrats!

I hope everyone is paying attention to this. fetharg was able to buy a 14k gold Rolex with a 1-year warranty for under $1800 net by playing the game.

BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

How's everyone doing? Not much time left.

I have literally bought and sold a TON of products from retail stores this month. Yes, 2000 pounds shipped.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

June has been one of my best months ever.

eBay Sales: $18,500
Amazon Sales: $17,000

Only a few days left in the contest!
claus1100xx
MoT Member

Post by claus1100xx »

Let's see if this counts as an entry.

Bought an Omega Planet Ocean for $2,300 off Facebook Marketplace. Traded it for an Omega SMP Bond 2531.80 and $1600 cash.
Ended up with less cash in my pocket but ended up with more "value" in total and a watch I have been chasing for a while.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Just noticed that Goodwill near my apartment in NYC is open again. Stopped in really quick but didn't see much. They mostly carry clothes. But I need to go back and review all your tips so I can maybe score something.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bbrou33 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insta me: bbrou33