Don't be a turkey, get in on our latest giveaway sponsored by TheJohnP right here:

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Photo credit: ca2hill

River Edge Ordering

A family-owned business that caters to all our customers to make your online and in-store experience a successful one.
http://www.riveredgejewelers.com

Moderator: riveredgejewelers

Stretch44
Inner Circle Member
Has liked: 8692 times
Been liked: 9679 times

River Edge Ordering

Post by Stretch44 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:37 pm

Anyone have any issues with ordering through River Edge's website? I ordered a Junghans Meister Driver on June 21st. I got the normal Order confirmation that same night and their website shows the Meister Driver is sold out.

I have not received any further communication from them (other than me calling). I emailed them on June 24th and 26th and PM'd through MoT, but have not received a response. Since I did not get a response, I called them on Friday but the phone just rang with no answer. I called again and spoke with Abe on Saturday. He was really nice, but couldn't really help. He said that he would pass the information to his brother, George, but that I may not get a call back until Monday. I was okay with that, I get things can happen. I didn't get a call today and I still have no response to my emails or PM. I called again this afternoon, but no response. Again, I'm fine waiting on something, but I would like a little communication.

Just want to see if any one has had any issues?
Last edited by Stretch44 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users liked the author Stretch44 for the post (total 3):
peskydonutwatchpaloozaBbrou33
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Has liked: 3705 times
Been liked: 15549 times

Re: River Edge Ordering

Post by ManOnTime » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:06 pm

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. It is definitely contrary to the reputation that @riveredgejewelers has built. I hope it gets sorted out sooner rather than later.
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post (total 2):
Stretch44watchpalooza
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
peskydonut
Inner Circle Member
Has liked: 4427 times
Been liked: 4218 times

Post by peskydonut » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:32 pm

I haven't ordered anything from REJ in the recent weeks, but similarly had trouble getting a hold of them.

I wanted to find out if and when they'll have the new Safari Tuna (SRPE29K1). I emailed twice in May, no reply. I swore I DMed them via MoT, but now I can't find that message in the "Sent" or "Outbox"...so maybe file this one under user error 🤷. On a couple of occasions I called and nobody answered (it's possible I called outside of business hours). Last week I was able to speak with a very nice woman (didn't get her name). She couldn't help me directly, but took down my contact info and promised someone will get in touch if there's any information. So far nobody has gotten back to me.
These users liked the author peskydonut for the post (total 3):
Stretch44watchpaloozaBbrou33
- Alex
jezec
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

Post by jezec » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:06 am

River has great service - it's a smaller operation so it takes time for them to go through the inquires. They are probably getting a lot of messages right now with the 2020 Seiko launch.
peskydonut
Inner Circle Member
Has liked: 4427 times
Been liked: 4218 times

Post by peskydonut » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:32 am

jezec wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:06 am
River has great service - it's a smaller operation so it takes time for them to go through the inquires. They are probably getting a lot of messages right now with the 2020 Seiko launch.
I only had one prior interaction with REJ, which was very positive and during which they were very responsive. Not enough personal data points to extrapolate, but based on everyone else's overwhelming praise, the current delay in communication is anomalous.
These users liked the author peskydonut for the post:
Bbrou33
- Alex
Stretch44
Inner Circle Member

Post by Stretch44 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 am

Wanted to update. James called me today and explained what happened. As I thought, it was just one of those things. Turns out that Junghans did not have the watch in stock and they were waiting on getting it. Somehow I wasn't provided an update. It happens; I'm not perfect. It's how we handle it on the back end.

I must say that James went above and beyond to make it right. He overnighted it to me and gave me a partial refund, which I did not want or ask for. He insisted on it because they want to take care of their customers. All I was looking for was an update. We also had a great conversation about what brands they will be adding and how they can source different brands for me. James has made a lifelong customer with his personal touch.

Thanks, @riveredgejewelers
These users liked the author Stretch44 for the post (total 12):
yinzburgherpeskydonutManOnTimeTheJohnPwatchpaloozapgcityBbrou33dumberdrummerquincastommy_boy and 2 more users
McLovin
Inner Circle Member
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 656 times

Post by McLovin » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:24 am

I can only speak from my own experience but they have been great to deal with. I have bought from them 3 times. Shipping is fast but I am in NJ as well. The first order I sent back as the crown did not screw down fully. James was on top of it via email and I had exchange done in about a week. That was before I had even mentioned I was a member here and before they were a brand partner. The second order was delayed by COVID but James was up front about that via email and I received it when he said I would. All good for me.
These users liked the author McLovin for the post (total 5):
yinzburgherTheJohnPquincasStretch44riveredgejewelers
Rocat
MoT Member
Has liked: 1487 times
Been liked: 1276 times

Post by Rocat » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:11 pm

Stretch44 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 am
Wanted to update. James called me today and explained what happened. As I thought, it was just one of those things. Turns out that Junghans did not have the watch in stock and they were waiting on getting it. Somehow I wasn't provided an update. It happens; I'm not perfect. It's how we handle it on the back end.

I must say that James went above and beyond to make it right. He overnighted it to me and gave me a partial refund, which I did not want or ask for. He insisted on it because they want to take care of their customers. All I was looking for was an update. We also had a great conversation about what brands they will be adding and how they can source different brands for me. James has made a lifelong customer with his personal touch.

One doesn't just casually mention said conversation about REJ adding new brands to their store without giving us the details of those brands.
Just sayin'
These users liked the author Rocat for the post:
cortman
cortman
MoT Member
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 2347 times

Post by cortman » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:37 am

Rocat wrote:
Stretch44 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 am

One doesn't just casually mention said conversation about REJ adding new brands to their store without giving us the details of those brands.
Just sayin'
I am interested too!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

These users liked the author cortman for the post:
riveredgejewelers
watchpalooza
Global Moderator
Has liked: 12941 times
Been liked: 8516 times

Post by watchpalooza » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:58 am

Had a similar conversation with James. Not sure he is ready to publically announce them yet, but let's just say some pretty upscale brands are in the works.
These users liked the author watchpalooza for the post (total 2):
Split-Timeriveredgejewelers
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Stretch44
Inner Circle Member

Post by Stretch44 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:59 am

I specifically asked about Oris and Omega. I recall him mentioning Bremont and a couple others. He said they're working on it and will be adding more soon. He also said that they can source brands not on their site with full warranty. I have him looking into an Omega Tresor for me. Obviously the promo code won't work for those but he can still negotiate a great price.

These users liked the author Stretch44 for the post (total 3):
Split-Timewhoagorgeousriveredgejewelers